Factory Reset and Restore with My Back Up Pro

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing this as some folks have seen better ICS performance as a result. Has anyone used this app?

Will I be able to restore all data/settings?

Also, does doing a reset format/erase the sd card (ie do I need to remove it during the reset)?

Will my screens be restored as they are now or will I have to set them up again (wallpapers, app shortcuts, etc)?

Also, the apps be restored with their current settings or will they be as if I just installed them. Any help with any of these questions is appreciated.

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I personally opted to do a full refresh. I did a factory reset to include reformatting an erasing all the contents on my SD card. It then re-downloaded only the apps that I know I use on a daily basis. So far my phone is running super smoothly.

When I did mine I did have to start from scratch and re-download all my apps etc but overall it was totally worth it.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
no your sdcard will not be touched
and yes you will lose all your data doing a reset, you can use a third party app to back up you data , then install your apps and then restore your data for them, i dont recommend it but some do, so its really up to you to make the choice on the way you want to go

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually just did this yesterday. I had to take my phone in because the internal earpiece blew out. They replaced it and did a full factory reset (even though they didn't have to). I had backed up all applications and data via My Backup Pro prior to taking my phone in. I then reinstalled My Backup Pro after I got my phone back and did a restore (I had stored the backups on my SD card). All applications got restored (it actually restored the .apk and you have to manually reinstall the apps but you are prompted to do so one after the next until they are all restored. I also restored all data and settings that I backed up. All of my home screens came back with the exception of any widgets that I had on the screens that came directly from an app. All MMS/SMS were restored as well as most all settings (I had to reset any ringers that I had for an individual and also had to reset the speed dials. Took a little time but the app did a decent job of getting my phone back to where it was prior to the factory reset.

And, fwiw, my phone does seem to be somewhat smoother as well. Good luck.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried about the SD card getting erased or reformatting during the reset, since that's where all my backup info is. Can I take it out during the reset or does it have to be there? Someone else mentioned that it wont be erased, but I'm nervous about that.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried about the SD card getting erased or reformatting during the reset, since that's where all my backup info is. Can I take it out during the reset or does it have to be there? Someone else mentioned that it wont be erased, but I'm nervous about that.

Mine was in the phone during the factory reset and it was fine. Nothing was touched on the SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair