Insufficient Storage Available

ILBBfan

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Every time I update an app, I have to clear all app's caches and usually uninstall some other app. This is getting God awful annoying. I only retain a week's worth of email, no attachments, not even the full messages. I'm not downloading a bunch of stuff. Almost all apps that can be moved to SD card are.

Why am I so darn low on free space?

Also, I've noticed that depending on what screen I go to, I could have 120 megs free... or 230 megs free. Why can't Android properly report my about of free space? Also, why isn't 120 megs enough for a 5 meg update? Partition problems?

I'm not rooting my phone. I'm not looking forward for a complete reset either.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You should be have plenty of space on the internal storage on your phone. I have a little over 1gb of space. You shouldn't have to transfer apps to the sd card.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Synopsis

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This also began happening to me after I upgraded to ICS. Also now my 3D takes a long time when running App2SD to finish compiling app sizes. I :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know why any of you are having to move apps to the sd card. I've never moved any app to my card with this phone.
8u3y9uvu.jpg

This is with an aosp rom!

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
This also began happening to me after I upgraded to ICS. Also now my 3D takes a long time when running App2SD to finish compiling app sizes. I :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Having the same issues here, good to know it's not due to dropping it into the toilet. I'm going GS3 soon, just want it to last until then.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
My only suggestion would be links2sd or a larger ad card. I had storage issues like that with my Optimus S. It's really frustrating I'm sure.

Sent from my shooter using Tapatalk 2

ILBBfan

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Increased card sizes would have zero effect as this is internal storage. I have about 2 gigs free on my SD card and all but one or two apps that can be moved over to the SD card have been.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That's why rooting is an advantage. Most roms have bloatware already removed and you can remove internal apps and system apps as well.

Sent from my shooter using Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know! How many user apps do you have installed? I have 40 installed on the internal.

redava5y.jpg

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't think of anything else a non rooted device could do to free up internal space.