Can't hear phone calls unless it's through rear speaker or headphones

Rachel Walters1

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Soundabout worked. But when we uninstalled it, no sound. Now what? Why does this make it work. Why did it stop. I used headphones and when I unplugged them, the phone still thought they were in. Could only hear through headphones after that. I coul

Sagn C

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I was getting the same problem then I tapped on the hole where we use headphones for 5-6 times before downloading soundabout.It worked for me :)

dryhurstroberts

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
tl;dr: Turn OFF voice clarity if it is on and you are experiencing poor sound quality from front LG Tribute 2 speaker.

The speaker on my LG Tribute 2 that is designed for putting against your ear when making phone calls suddenly went very muffled and quiet. I was worried it was 1 of 2 possible things, that I am aware of. I had recently rooted my phone and I thought it was perhaps some misconfiguration in a file that made the speaker stop functioning correctly. Second, I had recently dropped my phone. There was no visible damage but I thought a connection had come loose. Then I remembered that I had goofed around with some of the phone settings. I am often outside when on the phone and turned ON the "Voice Clarity" option. Once I disabled that the sound returned to normal.

tl;dr: Turn OFF voice clarity if it is on and you are experiencing poor sound quality from front LG Tribute 2 speaker.

I hope that helps some one.

tigron

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

The speaker on my LG Tribute 2 that is designed for putting against your ear when making phone calls suddenly went very muffled and quiet. I was worried it was 1 of 2 possible things, that I am aware of. I had recently rooted my phone and I thought it was perhaps some misconfiguration in a file that made the speaker stop functioning correctly. Second, I had recently dropped my phone. There was no visible damage but I thought a connection had come loose. Then I remembered that I had goofed around with some of the phone settings. I am often outside when on the phone and turned ON the "Voice Clarity" option. Once I disabled that the sound returned to normal.

I hope that helps some one.
Thanks so much for reminding me about this. I forgot I was playing around with the settings after putting this new rom on here. Thought my earpiece was going out.

Mike Veis

May 29, 2018
Visit site
How do I solve the problem of not being able to hear phone calls unless I'm on "speakerphone" or have a set of headphones plugged in?

I think the problem started a few days ago when I was listening to some music through the headphone jack. Ever since then (I don't use the phone much, so I'm not certain) I haven't been able to take or make a call without using speakerphone mode, or plugging in some headphones. When I unplug the headphones, I can't hear anything through the front (screen side) speaker that's normally used for phone conversations.

I've tried plugging in and unplugging a set of headphones over and over again, hoping it would switch back. But, I haven't had any luck. I've tried a hard reset as well, and that hasn't helped me either. I'm willing to open it up and see if I can fix it, but not sure what I'm looking for. So, I'm hoping someone can help out. If all else fails, I have an EVO 4g I can use until I'm due for a new phone.

I'm sure this has happened to others before. But, searching for "phone speaker" doesn't bring up much useful stuff (I'm not good at searching the right terms I'm sure)..

It may be a hardware bug. Did drop your phone over any water in it? If you didn't, this is most likely a short in the earpiece. Call your provider for a new replacement phone. It's better than taking it to a repair shop because you could be paying for labor and parts that'll probably cost more than the National Debt.

Shan Jay

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem, fixed it by taking the earphones out of its socket and blowing some air from my mouth into the earphone socket a dozen times. Trust me, it worked!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463