[SOLVED]Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Im S ON with HBOOT-1.58 with 4ext recovery. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i need to get this working fast. what i normally do is i do a full wipe of everything but my sd card, flash, reboot and it would get stuck or bootloop. is there anything i need to do that i any be missing? Im new at the htc side of flashing things since most of the android devices ive done have been samsung. and i have also looked around on xda and this site and i havent found anything that works

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

What rom ? You should ask the dev of the rom what kernel he used and if it is compatible with hboot 1.58 look HERE its a little insight on hboot versions
So would say its a rom that needs a different hboot

Im S ON with HBOOT-1.58 with 4ext recovery. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i need to get this working fast. what i normally do is i do a full wipe of everything but my sd card, flash, reboot and it would get stuck or bootloop. is there anything i need to do that i any be missing? Im new at the htc side of flashing things since most of the android devices ive done have been samsung. and i have also looked around on xda and this site and i havent found anything that works

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

i was running SOS M ROM first but it started giving me problems so i decied to go back to the latest stock and now i'm getting the bootloop problem. i found a thread on xda on how to re lock and go back to stock but it keeps failing ([GUIDE]Return to Stock Sprint's 2.17/hboot 1.50 - xda-developers)
What rom ? You should ask the dev of the rom what kernel he used and if it is compatible with hboot 1.58 look HERE its a little insight on hboot versions
So would say its a rom that needs a different hboot

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I assume with hboot 1.58 that your on the 2.89 FW. without s-off you can not RUU back to a older version. I would flash a stock rooted rom found here..OTA_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2-2.17.651.5 - xda-developers . you will stock but with root

i was running SOS M ROM first but it started giving me problems so i decied to go back to the latest stock and now i'm getting the bootloop problem. i found a thread on xda on how to re lock and go back to stock but it keeps failing ([GUIDE]Return to Stock Sprint's 2.17/hboot 1.50 - xda-developers)

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what the FW is. But ill try your link as well. I think i might have to put a new recovery on since when i select recovery it doesnt go to 4ext anymore.
EDIT: forget about the recovery part. turns out it still does. my bad
I assume with hboot 1.58 that your on the 2.89 FW. without s-off you can not RUU back to a older version. I would flash a stock rooted rom found here..OTA_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2-2.17.651.5 - xda-developers . you will stock but with root

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to www.evohacks.com for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

nice sig by the way markaroni. my oonly problem is i cant boot into a os right now. i was running a ICS based rom before.
Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to evohacks.com: The Leading EVO Hack Site on the Net for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. You didn't make a backup of all your files b4 you flashed the rom? OUCH!!! yeah if you can't get into an OS then you can't see the FW. Maybe the rom you're trying to flash is not compatible with your FW or hboot or with S-on. If you still have the zip file for your rom that was working, flash that one again and you should at least have a working phone and then can look for help after. Next time you want to flash a new rom, make sure it's compatible with your FW and hboot and S-on if you cannot achieve S-off b4 you flash. This happened to me b4 and that's how i found out i couldn't use ICS roms with S-on. Check that evo hacks site out though, they were very helpful when I was rocking my Evo 3D. Good Luck

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to evohacks.com: The Leading EVO Hack Site on the Net for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

Sure you can flash ICS roms with s-on, you need to flash the boot img with fastboot or a third party app such as FlashImage UI. also 4EXT recovery has a feature called smart flash which will flash the boot img for you

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Benny i've done what you said but i still got stuck on the htc splash screen
Kyle do you have smart flash enabled in recovery? look through the menu and find the option to enable it and then reflash the stock rooted rom

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Sure you can flash ICS roms with s-on, you need to flash the boot img with fastboot or a third party app such as FlashImage UI. also 4EXT recovery has a feature called smart flash which will flash the boot img for you

If you read my post you'll see I mentioned Flash image gui. I tried it several times and it never worked with my phone. I was on hboot 1.5 with S-on and always ran into boot loops with ICS roms. I just quit trying and stuck with a cool gingerbread rom. I looked around and the only thing I saw to achieve success was that wire trick to get S-off for it to work. Maybe there's a way like you said but at the time I was trying, it never worked. Boot loop every time, even with flash image gui

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

i did make a back up before i tried flashing a new one and i also tried flashing the rom i had before but went into a bootloop
Thanks. You didn't make a backup of all your files b4 you flashed the rom? OUCH!!! yeah if you can't get into an OS then you can't see the FW. Maybe the rom you're trying to flash is not compatible with your FW or hboot or with S-on. If you still have the zip file for your rom that was working, flash that one again and you should at least have a working phone and then can look for help after. Next time you want to flash a new rom, make sure it's compatible with your FW and hboot and S-on if you cannot achieve S-off b4 you flash. This happened to me b4 and that's how i found out i couldn't use ICS roms with S-on. Check that evo hacks site out though, they were very helpful when I was rocking my Evo 3D. Good Luck

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

did you wipe the cache also when you did the data wipe b4 the flash? I can't think of anything else.....SHEESH! Somebody help this guy man!!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

this is what i would do, reboot to bootloader and get into fastboot mode (fastboot usb) and the cmd promt type theses cmd's
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase boot
fastboot boot "the name of your recovery.img"
I always rename mine to "recovery" because its easy to remember and make sure its the same folder with your fastboot on your pc

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

i did. i did a wipe and a super wipe. still nothing. im going to call sprint to see if it will cost me extra $$$ to transfer my samsung intercept back to my line so i can at least have a working phone during the work week (blah! :( :'( )
did you wipe the cache also when you did the data wipe b4 the flash? I can't think of anything else.....SHEESH! Somebody help this guy man!!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

restoring your backup doesnt work either?
no it doesnt cost anything

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

its driving me nuts to lol. and thanks a ton makaroni. if it works i think ill shat my self in joy on having a working for again
I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois