EVO 3D Denies calls on its own

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
A customer brought in her EVO 3D that when someone calls it, it will show up on the screen and say missed call without giving you the chance to answer, but I can call out fine. I've done a soft reset, updated the profile, then completely reprogrammed it using ##72786#, and the MSL. It still has the same issue. Next stop is a hard reset, unless someone knows of an easy solution. Thanks guys!

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
A customer brought in a phone for service and you are asking how to fix it on a public forum? Can I have your business's information so that I'm sure to never shop there?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tell her to back all her info up and you replace her phone! There's your answer. Hit that "thank" button please & thanks.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of my 3d because of issues like this. I had it replaced 5-6 different times. Still have my broken 3d that sprint screwed me on. They ordered a replacement and because I waited longer than 14 days to pick up they sent it back and wouldn't order another. So I said bye bye sprint repair center, hello best buy geek squad.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
A customer brought in a phone for service and you are asking how to fix it on a public forum? Can I have your business's information so that I'm sure to never shop there?

Actually, I'm glad op asked for this information rather than take the easy way out and do a hard reset as most repair centers do

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of my 3d because of issues like this. I had it replaced 5-6 different times. Still have my broken 3d that sprint screwed me on. They ordered a replacement and because I waited longer than 14 days to pick up they sent it back and wouldn't order another. So I said bye bye sprint repair center, hello best buy geek squad.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Sounds like a crappy repair center. If a customer were to do that here, we would go ahead and order another one when the customer was available.

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Even though you're being a jerk, I will explain. We don't have an active private forum to use, no one ever gets on it. Also, I like to avoid hard resetting as much as possible so that the customer doesn't have to attempt to set everything back up the way it was before. I also do not pretend like I know everything. New phones are released weekly, and on top of that they're constantly creating new apps and software versions for use on them. Therefore the best way to learn is to reach out to a community that it saturated in that technology, (aka Android Central). If you would prefer to go to a service center with some punk that pretends like he knows everything, and just hard resets to try and fix every small problem, then be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'm glad op asked for this information rather than take the easy way out and do a hard reset as most repair centers do

Thank you for the kind words :)

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Even though you're being a jerk, I will explain. We don't have an active private forum to use, no one ever gets on it. Also, I like to avoid hard resetting as much as possible so that the customer doesn't have to attempt to set everything back up the way it was before. I also do not pretend like I know everything. New phones are released weekly, and on top of that they're constantly creating new apps and software versions for use on them. Therefore the best way to learn is to reach out to a community that it saturated in that technology, (aka Android Central). If you would prefer to go to a service center with some punk that pretends like he knows everything, and just hard resets to try and fix every small problem, then be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the kind words :)

I as well applaud you! No one knows everything. That is exactly what a forum is for. A place of discussion. If i was your customer I would be happy you did everything you could to not hard reset my phone!

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

evolition

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have never had any issue AT ALL! with my Evo 3D. You all obviously are doing things to it that cause it to malfunction. And I've had mine since the day it came out. And Ive also had no issues despite the fact that I have 32 gigs of SD space and have it full of apps...still not even the slightest lag. You all are like the rest...you upgrade to a newer(but not always better) phone and you down the old ones to make everyone else feel obsolete to you. Well the GS3 is a good device...that has been dwarfed by HTCs all carrier flagship: the DNA, also the GS3 falls sadly behind even the Optimus G. Pretty bad when your pretty lil GS3s out there are already obsolete....to a company like LG HAHAHA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm