internet tether to laptop

Karen Dixon

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I want to use my htc evo 3d as my internet connection while tethered to my laptop and can only get so far. my internet connection drops when I tether and while I have wifi access everything I want to access is blocked. also, I do not want to pay extra for "hot spot"...I am kind of an idiot and do not know what rooted means. Help?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to use my htc evo 3d as my internet connection while tethered to my laptop and can only get so far. my internet connection drops when I tether and while I have wifi access everything I want to access is blocked. also, I do not want to pay extra for "hot spot"...I am kind of an idiot and do not know what rooted means. Help?

The easiest way would be to root of pay the fee with sprint. There are some apps that might allow you to tether without root but I'm not sure if they would still work with ICS as some are only compatible with older android version. What you want to do, it would be easier to root. I recommend either doing some research to see if you think you can handle it or look on Craigslist and see if there is a expert in your area. I once paid a guy $20 to unlock my bootloader and install recovery (temp root) but later on I did something I shouldn't have did and broke my device. I went online did some reading, restored my phone to stock and re-rooted it myself literally 2 months later. What I'm saying is if you do the research you can figure out out. I just don't think there is a app that will allow you to tether on android 4.0 and up without being rooted. But Google it, I could be wrong.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You need an app to provide the tethering. I recommend EasyTether because it performs the best and it's not too expensive. However, the following are also good:

PDAnet
Klink
Clockworkmod Tether