Random bootloop, backup restore caused a mess of broken apps

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I have a Sprint Evo 3D with S-Off and the SmoothCriminal rom and 4ext touch recovery (stuck on RC3 because there is no way to install a recovery image anymore without having the device working in the first place).

Last night for no reason the UI started endlessly rebooting, so I decided to just reboot...... and my phone kept boot-looping from then on.

Not wanting to lose all of my data I perform an advanced nandroid backup of all of the partitions separately so I could take a closer look and see what might cause it to boot properly again.

Turns out for some reason the /data/system/sync folder was the problem, removing this causes the phone too boot again after wiping and restoring the data partition with that folder removed from the nandroid backup.

Problem is, I seem to have lost permissions or whatever the term would be for ANY app that didn't come with the rom or had been updated since, I have to delete my account, then re-add it, then uninstall and reinstall EVERY app.

First of all, isn't the sync folder just a temporary cache for data to sync to your accounts? Why would that cause a bootloop and it's removal fix it? And second, why would removing it make me lose all of the equivalent of my "licenses" for every app? Is there any easy way to fix this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance