Android Central's Hands-on with the Sprint HTC EVO 3D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
As far as the 3D goes its not what everyone thinks, the image does not pop out of the screen, it looks like your looking into a box. Its nice and all but very hard to look at, you have to look at it in the right angel or it will be very hard on the eyes.
I knew it wasn't like that. :)
I just like the fact that it's an upgrade to the original Evolution.(evo)

chong67

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
OK. I will wait then. I just wonder how much it will be. My contract is over but I dont like to do contracts. But the SERO is unbeatable for individuals.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Can't. Wait.

Steps to getting my Evo 3D:

1) Trade in Evo 4G with Sprint for a spiffy new one (screen discoloration complaint)
2) A week before Evo 3D release, switch Sprint service to my old Blackberry Curve 8330 (god help me)
3) Sell Evo 4G
4) Buy Evo 3D with $75 one-year credit and ~$200-250 from selling Evo 4G

I really hope to get away with upgrading early for less than $200:)

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Got to play with the EVO 3D last night at a work meeting (work at Sprint obviously) and must say the phone is awesome. The screen resolution is very clear a lot better then what I have on my EVO. The camera takes good pictures, and the new sense is flat out amazing (newer sense then what is on the Thnuderbolt). As far as the 3D goes its not what everyone thinks, the image does not pop out of the screen, it looks like your looking into a box. Its nice and all but very hard to look at, you have to look at it in the right angel or it will be very hard on the eyes.

On another note, the HTC reps said that the current EVO and EVO Shift will update to the newest sense. Looks like the same Sense that will come on the HTC Flyer or View[/QUOTE

Can you elaborate a bit more on the new screen resolution? Is the text much, much more crisper as in can barely see pixels? Is the color much better than the EVO4G? I am a stickler for increased resolution and this is the one thing that most reviews dont say much about. Thanks for the feedback.

gabato

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
What does "1 GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage" mean? Does it mean that there is 1GB of RAM and 4GB SD card? Or Does it mean that there is 1GB of RAM and 4GB ROM?

Thanks,

gabato

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
What does "1 GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage" mean? Does it mean that there is 1GB of RAM and 4GB SD card? Or Does it mean that there is 1GB of RAM and 4GB ROM?

Thanks,

gabato

There is 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB internal storage (ROM), and then I'm pretty sure it comes with an 8 GB micro SD card.

Reactions: gabato

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know if the camera is up to par with the iPhone or other phones that have good cameras. Love my EVO but hate the freaking camera. Stills and video are a complete joke if anything less then ideal lighting conditions... If this is fixed I would consider this phone although I really like that Samsung S2!!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am due for my upgrade and in ways I want the 3D and in ways I don't want it. When I got my EVO I was in line on launch day. If I can sell my EVO then I'll probably get this one but I love Netflix now and I do like the kickstand. I know cases will be made with kickstands which is good. I want the dual processor and the more internal space for sure. But I read EVO is getting 2.3 but not the full new latest 3.0 sense. I read that you need the dual processor to run it. I know where getting the upgrade on the EVO but I kind of like the lock screen with your 4 favorite apps and the way the pages keep sliding and don't stop. But I need more space and want the fastor processor. I too hope the camera is good. But I am just indecided if I am going to get it June 3rd on launch day or wait and see if everyone that had an EVO says it's really worth the upgrade. I sold my TP2 last year for 150 and it had a chip in it. So I'll get 250 for this or 300 cause I have lots of accesories. So I guess will see. But I think the 3D sounds really cool. But I watch Netflix now and you tube videos alot and love the kickstand. But my battery stinks on the EVO so lets hope this one is better.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am upset cause I put 50 dollars down yesterday at the sprint store and decided on the 3D. They gave me150 for my EVO and Customer Care is giving me a one time courtesy credit so I came out good and I got to keep my charger and 8 gig card. But now I am hearing the 3D wont be released till the 24th and I am stuck using my purple lotus for 3 weeks. :-( Oh Well I do have an Archos internet tablet so I am not completely without. But I want the 3D now really bad. I saw this 26 minute video on it and was like wow I can't wait for this to come out. I already have a case picked out and have ordered screen protectors.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Got to play with the EVO 3D last night at a work meeting (work at Sprint obviously) and must say the phone is awesome. The screen resolution is very clear a lot better then what I have on my EVO. The camera takes good pictures, and the new sense is flat out amazing (newer sense then what is on the Thnuderbolt). As far as the 3D goes its not what everyone thinks, the image does not pop out of the screen, it looks like your looking into a box. Its nice and all but very hard to look at, you have to look at it in the right angel or it will be very hard on the eyes.

On another note, the HTC reps said that the current EVO and EVO Shift will update to the newest sense. Looks like the same Sense that will come on the HTC Flyer or View

Just to clarify, when you say it has the new Sense, is it Sense 3.0? Or 2.1? I have used the Sense 3.0 on a somewhat unstable rom from XDA developer xxxVirusxxx and there are some MAJOR additions! There is so much more syncing functionality than the Sense version currently on the Evo/Shift....
....but you indicated the Evo will be getting updated to the new Sense....is that to the 2.1 version? Because the 3.0 is such a huge file size, I doubt the Evo's internal memory can handle it. Either way, how soon is this update going to happen?

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yes the 3d has sense 3.0, im on the same rom your talking about on my evo currently. the original evo will not be updated to sense 3.0 due to file size and needed resources... Im not sure about being updated to sense 2.1, its more than capable of that and would be welcomed!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
HTC Pedia I like this case mate pop kickstand case. There is white and grey and black and grey but it's not available yet. I kow HTC is making there kickstand case but I like the casemate better. But will see who comes out with cases 1st. Last year I bought a cheap one at the store the day I got my EVO then eventually got Seidio I dropped phone once with it and it barely scraped off some paint on the case phone was fine. I heard O tterbox is really good too. But I like this casemate pop with kickstand so far. I already ordered Clarivue screen protectors which is what was on my EVO before.
But now I am uspet that I sold Sprint back my phone and too early and I have to wait till the 24th. Not liking using the purple lotus.

What case and where if you don't mind?

I can't wait either. Hopefully it is just 3 more weeks!

TIA