Android Central's Hands-on with the Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
New day, new phone, and new forum!

Dieter and Phil were lucky enough to get some hands-on time with this bad boy today. Check out the full blog post here, with lots of pictures and first impressions.

Spec wise here's what we're looking at:
  • (2) 5-megapixel stereoscopic cameras on the backside.
  • 3D recording and playback capability
  • 4.3" qHD (960x540) touchscreen
  • dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, at 1.2GHz.
  • 1 GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage
  • 3.5mm headset jack and microUSB port for connectivity
  • 1730mAh battery
  • No kickstand (like the EVO), but there will be a case/stand accessory tad A little taller than the longer than the EVO 4G and weighs six ounces.
  • Physical camera button.
  • Toggle switch for the 2D/3D camera.
  • In 2D mode, video shoots at 1080p. In 3D, it's at 720p resolution.
  • Front facing camera for video recording/chatting
  • Proximity, light, and G-sensor's
  • GPS navigation & digital compass
  • Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
  • HDMI port
  • Android 2.3 OS
  • HTC Sense UI.

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
picture.php

:O
I love this thing, the back of the phone is sexier then any phone (imo).
I cannot wait to buy this, I will be first in line :D

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd gladly trade in the 3d cam for a say a regular 8-12MP cam, kickstand and the Micro/USB being on the bottom.

Fletch75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think im right there with you. The 3d is a cool little feature but not that great a deal id have to see how it does but I'd definatly like the kickstand,the hdmi on the bottom and an 8mp camera with macro feature. I do love they put the camera button on this one though as the tap screen on the current evo sucks as well as its flash which white washes all pics. I use the fx camera app instead as it makes pics much better. I don't like the skinner screen either.Guess thats why we root and rom lol

Fletch75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just checked the HTC site looks like they have this as a 3G only phone which makes no sense at all. if it's not 4G why would you bother making this thing??Your going to stream live 720 p 3d blu ray quality movies then speed is really needed

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just checked the HTC site looks like they have this as a 3G only phone which makes no sense at all. if it's not 4G why would you bother making this thing??Your going to stream live 720 p 3d blu ray quality movies then speed is really needed

.... really dude...

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Its There :D

HTC Specs Page:

Network
CDMA2000 1x/ EVDO rev. 0/ EVDO rev. A network and 4G WIMAX

It wouldn't be a "EVO" without WIMAX.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Watching a video of this device, and actually holding and playing with it •> is totally different. This phone is awesome.. and most definitely going to be Sprint leading selling device - alongside the EVO 4G of course.

JSALDIVAR

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Got to play with the EVO 3D last night at a work meeting (work at Sprint obviously) and must say the phone is awesome. The screen resolution is very clear a lot better then what I have on my EVO. The camera takes good pictures, and the new sense is flat out amazing (newer sense then what is on the Thnuderbolt). As far as the 3D goes its not what everyone thinks, the image does not pop out of the screen, it looks like your looking into a box. Its nice and all but very hard to look at, you have to look at it in the right angel or it will be very hard on the eyes.

On another note, the HTC reps said that the current EVO and EVO Shift will update to the newest sense. Looks like the same Sense that will come on the HTC Flyer or View

Reactions: Attackcenter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol