?? The Official Anticipation Thread For The EVO 3D? ??

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the thread where we anxiously await the launched of the HTC EVO 3D phone.

Personally, I'm overwhelmed by the news - and looking forward to replacing my EVO.

I must admit.. after watching the Evo 3d video, I was totally blown away. For one - the 3D capability sounds awesome, and I can't wait to test it out. I'm happy that HTC and Sprint decided to keep the EVO line.

I will be counting the months and days leading to its launch.

Last edited:

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I must admit.. after watching the Evo 3d video, I was totally blown away.

Just curious if you are in Orlando for CTIA and saw a video on the Evo 3D or if you meant you just saw one of the hands-on videos online. Only in one of the hands-on videos online (and I think I've seen them all--I could demonstrate the product!:D ) did I see a glimpse of its 3D capabilities. It was a split second of what I think was a head-and-shoulders shot of a magician. He was popping out of the screen!

Any idea if the elements (like the stuff on the 7 screens) are in 3D? Or is it just the video and photos (when recorded in 3D)? None of the hands-on videos I've seen have remarked on that. Thanks and I look forward to following this topic.

chezbi

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for this phone as I'm going to drop my tattered palm pre for it :)

And no there won't be 3D sense UI stuff... Just the pics and videos :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxiously waiting for this also. My evo had been good and can still hold it's own. But I'm looking forward to this one.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll be dropping my July 09 Palm Pre too, just can't decide if it'll be for the Nexus S 4G sooner or this later!! :)

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will be replacing my Evo with this. Will bring my wife and daughter over from AT&T (both iPhone users). Will be picking up 2 Evo 3D's and giving my Evo 4G to my daughter. She is excited. She has had Evo envy for awhile now :)

Killjoy

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't care much for the 3D but WHY CANT VERIZON GET THIS PHONE INSTEAD OF THE THUNDERBOLT.

I guess I'll have to wait till later in the year. Really all we have that comes anywhere close is the bionic but I would much rather have a HTC phone. Im pretty jelly.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed by the 3D feature, since I think it is useless and we gave up useful things on the phone so the 3d camera could be shoehorned in. Nevertheless I will be getting one as soon as Sprint releases it. The other features are still awfully appealing!

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
my Sprint Pre died yesterday :/ i have to switch to a stupid blackberry until this comes out. 3 months of that will make the EVO 3D seem like alien technology.
When do u think this will be properly benchmarked, not just the so-so R & D numbers that came out recently? ( i know benchmarks don't mean everything, just curious.)
Is it also true that this phone's dual-core is A8 and not A9?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
my Sprint Pre died yesterday :/ i have to switch to a stupid blackberry until this comes out. 3 months of that will make the EVO 3D seem like alien technology.
When do u think this will be properly benchmarked, not just the so-so R & D numbers that came out recently? ( i know benchmarks don't mean everything, just curious.)
Is it also true that this phone's dual-core is A8 and not A9?

Yes, that's true the Snapdragon Scorpion is based on the A8 but is highly modified by Qualcomm. Too bad it isn't a A9, but.....there's always next gen! The GPU is also very important, and from what I have read, the Adreno 220 will beat the pants off that thing that's in the current Evo and should be on par with a Tegra 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty