05-26-2011 11:33 AM
125 123 ...
tools
    This is the thread where we anxiously await the launched of the HTC EVO 3D phone.

Personally, I'm overwhelmed by the news - and looking forward to replacing my EVO.

I must admit.. after watching the Evo 3d video, I was totally blown away. For one - the 3D capability sounds awesome, and I can't wait to test it out. I'm happy that HTC and Sprint decided to keep the EVO line.

I will be counting the months and days leading to its launch.
    03-23-2011 02:20 PM
    I'll also be getting rid of my EVO for some 3D action. And my GF is finally going to ditch her BB Tour too.
    03-23-2011 02:22 PM
    Will drop my Epic for it. Samsung is hardly setting the world on fire anyway.
    03-23-2011 02:36 PM
    I must admit.. after watching the Evo 3d video, I was totally blown away.
    Just curious if you are in Orlando for CTIA and saw a video on the Evo 3D or if you meant you just saw one of the hands-on videos online. Only in one of the hands-on videos online (and I think I've seen them all--I could demonstrate the product! ) did I see a glimpse of its 3D capabilities. It was a split second of what I think was a head-and-shoulders shot of a magician. He was popping out of the screen!

Any idea if the elements (like the stuff on the 7 screens) are in 3D? Or is it just the video and photos (when recorded in 3D)? None of the hands-on videos I've seen have remarked on that. Thanks and I look forward to following this topic.
    03-23-2011 03:21 PM
    Can't wait for this phone as I'm going to drop my tattered palm pre for it

And no there won't be 3D sense UI stuff... Just the pics and videos :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    03-23-2011 03:34 PM
    Thanks and I'm probably dropping my original Palm Pre (July 2009) for this, too!
    03-23-2011 03:41 PM
    I'm anxiously waiting for this also. My evo had been good and can still hold it's own. But I'm looking forward to this one.
    03-23-2011 04:05 PM
    I'll be dropping my July 09 Palm Pre too, just can't decide if it'll be for the Nexus S 4G sooner or this later!!
    03-23-2011 04:17 PM
    I believe the 3d will also work for 3d enabled games.
    03-23-2011 05:13 PM
    I will be replacing my Evo with this. Will bring my wife and daughter over from AT&T (both iPhone users). Will be picking up 2 Evo 3D's and giving my Evo 4G to my daughter. She is excited. She has had Evo envy for awhile now
    03-23-2011 05:30 PM
    I believe the 3d will also work for 3d enabled games.
    They have not said which one but it will come loaded with a 3D game, along with a 3D version of youtube.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    03-23-2011 05:56 PM
    They have not said which one but it will come loaded with a 3D game, along with a 3D version of youtube.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Yes 3D YouTube and the ability to rent/stream 2D and 3D flicks from Blockbuster for $3-5 a movie as I recall.
    03-23-2011 06:48 PM
    I waited in line before the store opened for the EVO and will do the same for the 3D.
    03-23-2011 08:46 PM
    I don't care much for the 3D but WHY CANT VERIZON GET THIS PHONE INSTEAD OF THE THUNDERBOLT.

I guess I'll have to wait till later in the year. Really all we have that comes anywhere close is the bionic but I would much rather have a HTC phone. Im pretty jelly.
    03-23-2011 09:18 PM
    I waited in line before the store opened for the EVO and will do the same for the 3D.
    You should be able to preorder at your local RadioShack. No need for lines!
    03-23-2011 10:21 PM
    lol at me for thinking it wat 3D 24/7 even on the home screen

anyways i cant wait for this device
    03-23-2011 10:53 PM
    Was at radio shack at 5am in the morning waiting on them to open. Will be doing the same this year.
    03-23-2011 11:22 PM
    I was disappointed by the 3D feature, since I think it is useless and we gave up useful things on the phone so the 3d camera could be shoehorned in. Nevertheless I will be getting one as soon as Sprint releases it. The other features are still awfully appealing!
    03-24-2011 12:22 AM
    my Sprint Pre died yesterday :/ i have to switch to a stupid blackberry until this comes out. 3 months of that will make the EVO 3D seem like alien technology.
    When do u think this will be properly benchmarked, not just the so-so R & D numbers that came out recently? ( i know benchmarks don't mean everything, just curious.)
    Is it also true that this phone's dual-core is A8 and not A9?
    03-24-2011 09:09 AM
    my Sprint Pre died yesterday :/ i have to switch to a stupid blackberry until this comes out. 3 months of that will make the EVO 3D seem like alien technology.
    When do u think this will be properly benchmarked, not just the so-so R & D numbers that came out recently? ( i know benchmarks don't mean everything, just curious.)
    Is it also true that this phone's dual-core is A8 and not A9?
    Yes, that's true the Snapdragon Scorpion is based on the A8 but is highly modified by Qualcomm. Too bad it isn't a A9, but.....there's always next gen! The GPU is also very important, and from what I have read, the Adreno 220 will beat the pants off that thing that's in the current Evo and should be on par with a Tegra 2.
    03-24-2011 12:10 PM
    I just want a new phone that will hold its own for at least one year without being completely overshadowed by new technology that wipes the floor with it. And seeing as how the original EVO is still one of the top 3 phones on the market after almost a year, I see no reason to not think that that the EVO 3D will be the same if not better. I'm starting my countdown to June now !!
    03-24-2011 01:17 PM
    I just want a new phone that will hold its own for at least one year without being completely overshadowed by new technology that wipes the floor with it. And seeing as how the original EVO is still one of the top 3 phones on the market after almost a year, I see no reason to not think that that the EVO 3D will be the same if not better. I'm starting my countdown to June now !!
    I second the notion...

At first not seeing any kickstand kinda startled me a little, because of how much time I spend watching videos and stuff. Then I saw the clip-on stand ... and felt a lot better.

Thank you HTC for not letting us down. I guess because of the changes HTC felt like this kind of stand/kickstand would be the best.

Lets say there wasn't any kind of stand/kickstand available - would you still get the phone?
    03-24-2011 06:17 PM
    I second the notion...

At first not seeing any kickstand kinda startled me a little, because of how much time I spend watching videos and stuff. Then I saw the clip-on stand ... and felt a lot better.

Thank you HTC for not letting us down. I guess because of the changes HTC felt like this kind of stand/kickstand would be the best.

Lets say there wasn't any kind of stand/kickstand available - would you still get the phone?
    The lack of a kickstand would not keep me from buying this phone!
    03-24-2011 07:03 PM
    I'm so excited n at the same time mad because I wish I can have it already, cmon summer hurry up...I wish I could time travel to the launch day of the mighty EVO 3D
    03-24-2011 07:23 PM
    I'm so excited n at the same time mad because I wish I can have it already, cmon summer hurry up...I wish I could time travel to the launch day of the mighty EVO 3D
    Easy Killer! Anticipation is part of the fun! First a hint at what's going to be announced, then you finally get to see clear pictures, then hands on videos, then maybe some benchmarking and early reviews, until the glorious day finally comes!

03-24-2011 07:30 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD