Sprint did me a huge favor today with their premiere customer program!

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have every intention I'm getting the HTC Evo 3d when is released this summer. But I have a problem. Like most others, Sprint jacked my lovely yearly upgrades beginning in April. Like lots of Evo owners, I was in line waiting to purchase the Evo 4g on June 4, 2010, the day of its release.

In order for me to keep my gold status I have to be on a more expensive plan or be a premiere customer for 10 years. Well, I activated my first Sprint line in September of 2001, so it hasn't been exactly 10 years.

Today, I decided to call Sprint and ask them if I could keep my gold status so I can keep my early upgrade.

So the first guy I spoke with said he would look into and put me on hold for a few minutes. He then said he didn't know if it could be done early. I then asked to speak with a manager. After waiting on hold for about 7 minutes, a manager came on and after explaining the nature of my request, he said that he would have to speak with some folks. He came back and told me that I had to speak with the department in charge of the premiere program. He then swiched me and tje automated promots came back asking me to input my sprint number and asking what I was calling for. Following those steps, a lady answered. I explained my situation and the number of people I had spken with about it. She gave me a resounding "No"! She explained that the premiere system was automated and that there was nothing that could be done about it.

I then asked if I was in the right department and if I could speak to a suoervisor. She put me on hold and that is where I stayed until my phone disconnected.

I called back, went through the prompts again, and a guy quickly answered. I explained that this was my second time calling and I had spoken to 3 people the first time only to be lost on hold. He apologized sincerely, and listened to my request. He spent about 10 minutes looking at my account, submitting requests and researching info. He then told me that my request had been successfully submitted and that on April I will remain a Gold premiere customer. I asked him what he meant by "submitted" and if there was some kind of
approval process and he said that its already taken care of. He noted my account stating exactly what he promised and that I will not be losing my gold status ir early upgrades.

He then asked if my problems had bee resolved. I said yes. He then switched me to a manager who asked me if all my issues had been solved an reiterated what he said about my gold status and upgrades. I told her he did an outstanding job. She thanked me and sent a text message to my phone confirming my early upgrade status.

I have always said that when dealing with Sprint you have to call 2 to 3 times to get someone who knows what they are doing. I never was rude and never lost my temper. I was polite even when I was agitated. Now I'm more excited!

Last edited:

Onyoursix

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is a way to get your line eligible for an upgrade. First you need to know someone else who is with sprint and on a different account. Then you do a change of liability on your line over to their account, then you transfer it back to your account. It will actually reset the eligibility on your line in the system.

Just fyi =) kind of a pain... but... if you need to do it it's there for you.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thats good to know, I have to try this out because they are trying to jack me out of my gold status and I've been with them since 1999 or early 2000 and I had an anniversary yesterday.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats good to know, I have to try this out because they are trying to jack me out of my gold status and I've been with them since 1999 or early 2000 and I had an anniversary yesterday.

Call them up. If you have been a continuous customer for that long, you should automatically be included, regardless of your plan.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
With Sprint I can say this much... they've always work with me towards getting an early upgrade. Lets see how this one ponds out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech