Htc Evo3d vs. Samsung Epic 2 (?)

Which One Are You Going For?

• Total voters

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Both of these phones sound top-notch to me. I don't know which one to pick. Samsung has the better processor, htc has the better screen (resolution wise) and 3d! But which one would be easier to root? All of my android phones (I've only had 2 including my epic) were made by samsung and were like nothing to root. Share your opinions in the comment below

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
samsung epic 2? Since we aren't sure if it exist yet I go with the evo 3d, also because Htc is better than sammy imo.

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
IMHO EVO3D has the following advantages

- made by HTC
- 3D capture and viewing on the same device
- adreno 220 should be better than tegra 2 (less powerful than than ipad2 or galaxy s2 ) however code is always written optimized for the lowest common denominator which is tegra 2.
- 1.2 GHz 2nd gen snapdragon should perform on par with 1Ghz Cortex A9 processors in raw horse power and could actually be better in real world due to optimizations by Qualcomm
- qHD resolution 540 x 960
- 1GB of RAM
- 1730 mAH battery

The following Cons

- 4GB internal memory and no external SD card included
- regular LCD

Samsung Galaxy S II has the following features

- Exynos dual core processor at 1.2GHz (faster than MSM8660 on EVO3D)
- Mali400 graphics chip is theoretically better than Tegra 2 and possibly Adreno 220
- 1 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of internal memory
- WVGA 800x480 SAMOLED PLUS display .
While the resolution not being qHD may be a problem for some I don' think that it is a con as WVGA is plenty sharp for the size of the screen (remember 800x480 was an acceptable screen resolution for 14" monitors not too long ago). Also, because 540 x 960 is not an integer scaled up resolution; things look a bit off to me. I hope Google fixes things soon.
- battery size for samsung within is not known yet. European version has a 1600 mAH battery.

Cons:

- made by Samsung so two things are suspect software upgrades and quality/feel of device
- With Mathias Duarte on board I am really looking forward to Ice cream sandwich but my experience with Epic4G (software upgrades) has made me vary of Samsung..

Last edited:

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com

- made by HTC
- adreno 220 should be better than tegra 2 (less powerful than than ipad2 or galaxy s2 ) however code is always written optimized for the lowest common denominator which is tegra 2.
- 1.2 GHz 2nd gen snapdragon should perform on par with 1Ghz Cortex A9 processors in raw horse power and could actually be better in real world due to optimizations by Qualcomm
- 1MB of RAM

The following Cons

- regular LCD

Ships with an 8GB card pre-installed.
Its a Super-LCD. Id put it somewhere above SAmoled, but below SAmoled Plus.

Reactions: Sapient2k7

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site

- made by HTC
- 1MB of RAM

The following Cons

- regular LCD

Samsung Galaxy S II has the following features

- Exynos dual core processor at 1.2GHz (faster than MSM8660 on EVO3D)
- Mali400 graphics chip is theoretically better than Tegra 2 and possibly Adreno 220
- 1 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of internal memory
- WVGA 800x480 SAMOLED PLUS display .
While the resolution not being qHD may be a problem for some I don' think that it is a con as WVGA is plenty sharp for the size of the screen (remember 800x480 was an acceptable screen resolution for 14" monitors not too long ago). Also, because 540 x 960 is not an integer scaled up resolution; things look a bit off to me. I hope Google fixes things soon.

Cons:

- made by Samsung so two things are suspect software upgrades and quality/feel of device
- With Mathias Duarte on board I am really looking forward to Ice cream sandwich but my experience with Epic4G has made me vary of Samsung..

Good points.

A heads up, you Mixed up an M for a G.

Reactions: Sapient2k7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463