So I'm new to the Android scene (current WebOS user). I'm looking to get either the EVO 3D or the Nexus S 4G when they come to Sprint.

I really like the vanilla Android that comes with the Nexus, but I think the 3D on the EVO is pretty nifty. Does anything think the eventual ROMs for the EVO will have both the vanilla android and 3D support? I was under the assumption that the 3D code for videos/pictures was put in there by HTC.
    03-27-2011 10:48 AM
    my GUESS is that using that camera is going to be next to impossible on vanilla android.
    although i have seen some miracles performed by these guys.
    03-27-2011 11:48 AM
    You can always replace the launcher with something different (like Launcher Pro or ADW) if that's your only concern. I'm willing to bet that this phone will have a huge dev community (a lot of them will probably upgrade to this) so miracles will be worked. Just look at how long they worked on HDMI mirroring.

What about AOSP Android has you most intrigued? If it's AOSP stuff you want plus some Sense things I'm sure something like that will come along.
    03-27-2011 12:18 PM
    Toastcfh has confirmed he will be bringing CM7 (AOSP) to the 3D. I think the 3D camera will work. Maybe till HTC releases source.
    03-27-2011 01:20 PM
    Toastcfh has confirmed he will be bringing CM7 (AOSP) to the 3D. I think the 3D camera will work. Maybe till HTC releases source.
    HTC doesn't have to release anything propriety that they include in the phones. That's why it took so long to get 4G on the OG EVO. If the 3D camera driver's are indeed HTC's own doing then they don't have to release the source for that. If they don't release the source for them it could be a while before it's in Cyanogen.
    03-27-2011 02:30 PM
    Sounds like a job for teamwin
    03-27-2011 02:31 PM
    Sounds like a job for teamwin
    Word!
    03-27-2011 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD