Gorilla Glass for Evo 3D?

dvorakt

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my OG Evo, pulled it off after six months, and within a week there was a scratch--and I baby my devices. A scratch-proof OG Evo was definitely not my experience.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
yup same here. I never really use screen protector, after I had the original droid, I learned a lesson. Never ever put anything else in the same pocket as your phone. You can have gorilla glass times 4 and it will still scratch if you throw keys or other things in with the phone. I keep my phone separate and never get a scratch.

ShaunyMac424

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
yup same here. I never really use screen protector, after I had the original droid, I learned a lesson. Never ever put anything else in the same pocket as your phone. You can have gorilla glass times 4 and it will still scratch if you throw keys or other things in with the phone. I keep my phone separate and never get a scratch.

The strange thing about it is that nothing else was in that pocket. I always carry my phone in my back left pocket and never put anything else in it. The only conclusion I can form is that the button on the back of my slacks got it, but it's a rounded button. I don't know. It's small enough not to be a huge deal, but I'm definitely gonna have to be uber-careful.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The strange thing about it is that nothing else was in that pocket. I always carry my phone in my back left pocket and never put anything else in it. The only conclusion I can form is that the button on the back of my slacks got it, but it's a rounded button. I don't know. It's small enough not to be a huge deal, but I'm definitely gonna have to be uber-careful.

found a hairline scratch on mine this morning (after i ordered a screen protector). dunno how either, always had the phone alone in the front pocket and was extra careful to not let any jeans rivets from touching the screen when slipping the phone in/ taking it out. I wonder if there would be a scratch if the screen was actual gorilla glass....

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
found a hairline scratch on mine this morning (after i ordered a screen protector). dunno how either, always had the phone alone in the front pocket and was extra careful to not let any jeans rivets from touching the screen when slipping the phone in/ taking it out. I wonder if there would be a scratch if the screen was actual gorilla glass....

Hard to say! Then again nothing is ever 100% Hope the screen protector holds out for you! I dont have GG on my Palm Pre- screen. I have always had a screen protector on my devices! I plan to get an E3D tonight or tomorrow night! I will also be using a screen protector on that devices as well. Otter box case here I come! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20