Best Buy Mobile Preorder

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone gone to a Best Buy Mobile store and inquired about the mysterious EVO 3D secret preorder?
Curious to see what people are hearing from the blue shirted drones...
I'm assuming if we're to the point of Best Buy allowing preoders, there has to be a launch date/pricing announcement sooner than later.

AC Story Link

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I signed a new contract for the EVO last June and we all know that Sprint jacked with the Premier program. Looking online I see that if you are "Silver" at 1 year into your contract you get $75 off a new phone, instead of the full $150. Is there any other way to get the full upgrade price? I remember reading that you could upgrade to a higher cost plan, but you have to have it for 3 months before you qualify for the full upgrade.

Calculating it out I would have to play $90 total (over 3 months) to qualify for the full upgrade cost. Am I correct that if I just stayed with my current plan of $69.99 I would just have to pay $75 more than the "2 year contract" price of the phone?

Last edited:

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I signed a new contract for the EVO last June and we all know that Sprint jacked with the Premier program. Looking online I see that if you are "Silver" at 1 year into your contract you get $75 off a new phone, instead of the full $150. Is there any other way to get the full upgrade price? I remember reading that you could upgrade to a higher cost plan, but you have to have it for 3 months before you qualify for the full upgrade.

Calculating it out I would have to play $90 total (over 3 months) to qualify for the full upgrade cost. Am I correct that if I just stayed with my current plan of $69.99 I would just have to pay $75 more than the "2 year contract" price of the phone?

actually not 75 more then the two year price, lets say the retail was 450 and the 2 year contract will be minus 150 minus another 100 for mail and rebait. for the 75 off youll just get 75 off the 450 coming out to 375.

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I got an email this morning from best buy to pre-order the 3D, so its not a secret pre-order anymore.

I did go in yesterday and get mine though, i was the first person at that store

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes there is a way to get your full $150 upgrade in JUNE...There is a member on Sprintusers that have been granted access to restore upgrades. I suggest you join and contact him...Here is the thread he works from...by the way I am a mod there and endorse his services...good luck!!!:)

Sprint Premier Team Member Here To Help w/ Lost Upgrades - SprintUsers.com

Here is his results http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2528117&postcount=115
Back to the preorder. The only thing about preordering is I might be able to score one early from the google convention.

Last edited:

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
cool! Is bestbuy going to be alot more expensive to get the E3D than Sprint if i buy it w/o contract? If i pre-order and its alot more than sprint will i get my 50$ back?

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
cool! Is bestbuy going to be alot more expensive to get the E3D than Sprint if i buy it w/o contract? If i pre-order and its alot more than sprint will i get my 50$ back?

99.9% sure the answer is yes!!! They add $100 to $150 bucks on top of the going rate for a device. That way they are pretty much reserving units for people who are eligible for an upgrade, new acts, etc...

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
99.9% sure the answer is yes!!! They add $100 to $150 bucks on top of the going rate for a device. That way they are pretty much reserving units for people who are eligible for an upgrade, new acts, etc...

is that $100 on top of the instant / mail-in rebate or the same?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Damn so in order to to get it at BB i have to preorder with the plan to get a 1 or 2 year contract? Or buy it at sprint w/o contract.

Sounds like it. Unless you want to pay the BB premium for a non-contract phone. Sadly, I think I'll wait until it is available from Sprint. I really don't want to be tied to them for 2 years at this point. My city is getting V's LTE by this fall, but Sprint 4G is nowhere to be found.

I say that now, but the geek gene in me may not be able to resist...

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from BB. Did the preorder. I assume I'll be able to get it as my Sprint contract is up, and I've done this before through BB (not via a preorder just the new/extended contract thing). It's supposed to be summer, but I'm really hoping it's out early in June. Could it be they launched the preorder today because it's only a month away? When BB does preorders, what's the range as far as days before the devices actually come?

tailsthecat3

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone gone to a Best Buy Mobile store and inquired about the mysterious EVO 3D secret preorder?
Curious to see what people are hearing from the blue shirted drones...
I'm assuming if we're to the point of Best Buy allowing preoders, there has to be a launch date/pricing announcement sooner than later.

AC Story Link

yes. pre-ordered mine yesterday. left as soon as i saw the article and was the first to reserve in my local store...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie