So what are the chances of a slide-out keyboard version?

sfang001

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Truth to tell, the 3D is a nice toy, but I'm more interested in the upgraded specs. 3D is mostly interesting to me because the phone itself has to be more powerful to be able to handle the 3D processing (I figure, at least).

What I'm really looking for is an HTC Android phone with a front-facing camera, a slide-out physical keyboard, and the best specs I can find. And I'm hoping to stick to Sprint.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a slide out keyboard and I'm thinking to make one my next choice. It would be cool to see an Evo 3-D version - only time will tell :)

sfang001

May 12, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me is that there was a ~7 month difference between the release of the Evo 4G and the Evo Shift. I'm already eligible for a phone upgrade, and I'm sitting on my old Palm Pre (feel free to laugh: got caught zigging when I should have zagged) right now.

The physical keyboard is probably more important, since I want the front-facing camera for Skyping my sister overseas, and the mobile Skype video isn't working yet, right?

Maybe I'll just walk into the store this week and get the Shift to tide me over for a year or two...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind samsung, I'm speculating that samsung will make an epic 2 with a keyboard (IMHO, I rather not have the keyboard as I want my phone to be thin but different strokes for different folks, I understand). That fills out 3 of 4 things you want on your next phoone: front facing cam, slide-out keyboard, and the best specs you can find ;)

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Well the Evo Shift was pretty much just a variant of the t mobile G2, so i'm sure sprint is working with htc with a G2x variant with a keyboard ..just more flavored towards the Evo line.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think overall sliders cost more to make and don't sell as many units so they seem to be getting the worst internal specs.I don't think you will see a dual core slider from anyone this year except MAYBE epic2 if they make one.

just my opinion based on pure speculation.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
... a slide-out physical keyboard...
Just out of curiosity, have you used a high end touch screen only phone? I used to be a keyboard guy, several Treos then HTC Mogul after that. I swore I would never go touch only until I got my Evo. Now there is no way I would go back. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but now I type as fast if not faster than I ever did on those tiny keys. Thinner and more solid feel too. If you haven't used one for a week or two, try it, I thinnk you'll be surprised.

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, have you used a high end touch screen only phone? I used to be a keyboard guy, several Treos then HTC Mogul after that. I swore I would never go touch only until I got my Evo. Now there is no way I would go back. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but now I type as fast if not faster than I ever did on those tiny keys. Thinner and more solid feel too. If you haven't used one for a week or two, try it, I thinnk you'll be surprised.

+1 I came from a TouchPro to the EVO and was worried not to have a physical keyboard. With a 4.3" screen typing is a breeze. And the clincher for me was Swype, OMG now I can actually text with the best, and with one hand. In a word, AWESOME! :D