Sprint Pre-orders

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
How long will they be taking pre orders and are you allowed to pre order for off contract use at RS or Sprint? Sprint is working on reinstating my gold status and I won't know the status until the June 1st. I've been with them for 11yrs so its their f-up.

Last edited:

mauddib

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Just pre-ordered at Sprint and he told me they didn't have a date but it should be the second or third week in June and would probably be a Sunday. For whatever this is worth.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered today

Just did my preorder today at my local sprint store. They had almost no information, but they took my $50 in exchange for a gift card and receipt with a handwritten "confirmation" number. They also called it a "waitlist" not preorder and took down my email and phone number. They really had no idea on what the process was or when it was going to come out.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
When I pre ordered... they gave me a reciept with "Sprint girft card" or something like that on it... nothing stating the pre-order of the phone.

I thought it was kinda strange that it would note no details in their system... They took my phone number and name down... I hope they did it right, waiting so long and then I can't get one release date would just put me over the edge! :eek:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally going to preorder today. I was debating between Sprint and Radioshack, but I'll go with sprint for repairs and replacements. Also reading this this thread Having Evo Issues? Sprint will exchange!! - xda-developers helped me decide.

Just because you buy it at Radio Shack doesn't mean you're screwed when something happens to the phone. Last year when the infamous "double update" fiasco bricked a few phones, including one of my friends, I went to Radio Shack, they called the right people, and we were able to go to a Sprint store and have it replaced without any problems.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Just because you buy it at Radio Shack doesn't mean you're screwed when something happens to the phone. Last year when the infamous "double update" fiasco bricked a few phones, including one of my friends, I went to Radio Shack, they called the right people, and we were able to go to a Sprint store and have it replaced without any problems.

Oh wow that's what I was wondering. I just didn't want to be stuck with a defective phone. I think I will still go with Sprint though since I will most likely end up going there any way if something goes wrong.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Well I changed my mind and went with the shack and I'm happy with the decision. They actually have their own warranty that covers pretty much everything but lost or theft. It even covers wear and tear lol. The guy also told me if I do have a problem and I get the warranty I will receive a new phone not a refurb. Another key point in the warranty is that they will give you a new battery every, at least that's what he told me, and up to 4 accessories (excluding bluetooth) that you buy at the same time as the phone are %15 off plus they will be added to your warranty for free. Complete no brainer imho but I will still add the sprint tep just in case of lost/theft.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
does anyone who pre-ordered at sprint have a receipt that says anything about a pre-order? Looking at mine it says only "gift card in retail" I think im going to call them to make sure... I'm a bit worried...

dropndestroy

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I changed my mind and went with the shack and I'm happy with the decision. They actually have their own warranty that covers pretty much everything but lost or theft. It even covers wear and tear lol. The guy also told me if I do have a problem and I get the warranty I will receive a new phone not a refurb. Another key point in the warranty is that they will give you a new battery every, at least that's what he told me, and up to 4 accessories (excluding bluetooth) that you buy at the same time as the phone are %15 off plus they will be added to your warranty for free. Complete no brainer imho but I will still add the sprint tep just in case of lost/theft.

Best buy also have there own warranty. They told me when i pre order my evo3d. Its the same as u said but i believe she said they do cover lost n theft. n it was 10bucks

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
does anyone who pre-ordered at sprint have a receipt that says anything about a pre-order? Looking at mine it says only "gift card in retail" I think im going to call them to make sure... I'm a bit worried...

When I pre-ordered mine at the Sprint store, the representative provided me with a confirmation number and she wrote it on the receipt.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
my receipt doesn't say anything either. ill swing by tomorrow and double check with them.

I don't have anything either, they just entered my name and number into something on their computer. I tried calling yesterday to ask about where I was on the list and I was told they aren't able to actually look at the list, the system will just give them names/numbers as the phones come in. Hopefully they know what they're doing...

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have anything either, they just entered my name and number into something on their computer. I tried calling yesterday to ask about where I was on the list and I was told they aren't able to actually look at the list, the system will just give them names/numbers as the phones come in. Hopefully they know what they're doing...

... Yeah that's kinda scary... hopefully i don't regret switching early to satisfy my port in credit by not getting my Evo 3D!... With the 30 days I only have til July 6 if I don't get my pre order on release day!

At least it looks like im in good company :p

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

This is how it happened when I pre-ordered my Nexus 4G... With the Nexus I received a call the Wednesday before release and was informed that they could sell me my phone a couple days early (on Thursday); however I had 3 days from the official release (That Sunday) to pick it up before it went back on the shelf. I walked in and they had 15 or so in a pile with slips on them on the back counter. He searched for mine, pulled it out and rang up the rest of the price. The paper had my name, reserve date, date called & hold till date.

When I actually reserved the phone I purchased a $50 gift card and was handed a receipt for the gift card purchase... Nothing else, no confirmation number, nothing. (same thing has happened with my EVO 3D pre-order). However since the Nexus pick-up went off without a hitch I am not super concerned about the 3D.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
They didn't have the password to get my name on the list at the store i went to. As soon as the manager came in the sent me a text saying that I was added and was first on the list. Hearing about maybe getting the phone early, that would be great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy