My EVO 3D review

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I see. What can you do with the Evo 3D you cant with the Nexus S? Serious question because I was on the fence about the two. Only difference really is 3D obviously but its still brand new and not much out for it. There are 2 things the Nexus can do the 3D cant. Get official updates as soon as they are released and free hotspot/tethering. Dual core will be the next big thing soon, but its not a NEED right now. I have never been on my phone (Evo or Nexus S) and thought, wow I wish that opened faster. What in your mind gives the 3D a decided advantage? I dont care for Sense, I replaced it with Launcher Pro on my Evo

Uh I don't know, maybe this thing called an SD card. They're pretty cool, but you wouldn't know. Also an LED notification light, and a beautiful display. So that's three things that are different, and those are pretty big reasons if you ask me.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

lookngood18

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
dont use the 3d video camera? thats nice ill just record the 1080p FULL HD. Even if you HATE 3D all you have to do is delete the 3d videos that the phone comes with and enjoy sprints fastest phone available.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3D can tether also. And it will also have updates as soon as they are released (maybe not from Sprint- although the Evo has been pretty good about getting updates from Sprint).

How can you seriously ask what it does than the Nexus doesn't, and then say not including the 3D and the faster processor? lol Those are 2 pretty major things to just skip over them.

You may not care about device speed right now. But someday when you have a bunch of stuff running in the background a dual core will come in handy. And you might not care about 3D right now. But someday when you buy your next tv and it has 3D, you will probably wish those pictures and videos you took were in 3D.

Me? I make no bones about it- I own a 3D tv already and absolutely want the 3D cameras on this phone, and I absolutely want the better processor and graphics too. I also want the MicroSD card slot, bigger battery, double the RAM, way better resolution screen, bigger screen, full HDMI out, better bluetooth, and better front camera.

Seriously, these phones aren't even close. To try to act like they are is not being intellectually honest.

The EVO 3D will most certainly not receive updates when they are first released. No company gets that luxury, and only AOSP devices get that service. It will be at the least be 1 month wait for newer versions of Android. Also once again as my post stated, Android GB does not support dual-core threading in apps. So the dual-core will be useless until IC drops. The 3D thing is gimmicky, is on just about every electronic that has it. Just because the EVO 3D will have a bigger battery, that does not translate into better life. They are just making up for more demanding hardware. The EVO 3D will have a better resolution, but the screen won't come close to the quality of the Super AMOLED on the Nexus S. Better Bluetooth? What will the EVO 3D do on Bluetooth that the Nexus can't? Anything real world use? No! As for front facing cameras, I use plenty of them and a 1.3MP will not make the quality any better, it will make the screen bigger but that does not translate into better quality. I also want to point out just so everyone is aware.. 1080p video record will demand at least a class 10 SD card to run smoothly. Even 720p videos need at least a Class 6 for smooth recording. Look at the quality of the EVO 720p it's piss poor. My testing of the EVO 3D did not show huge improvements in this area, HTC is still using cheap camera parts and terrible software for it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is a video comparison of two dual-core devices vs the Nexus S. One being the Tegra 2 which is slighty slower then the Adreno 220 in the EVO 3D, and the Galaxy S2 which is faster then the EVO 3D with the 1.2GHz Samsung Exynos dual-core. The Nexus S showing loading a game at about the equal time of a S2. Both the Nexus S and S2 beating the Tegra 2 in loading game time.

YouTube - ‪Samsung_Galaxy_S2 vs LG_Optimus_2x vs Nexus_S‬‏

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The EVO 3D will most certainly not receive updates when they are first released. No company gets that luxury, and only AOSP devices get that service. It will be at the least be 1 month wait for newer versions of Android. Also once again as my post stated, Android GB does not support dual-core threading in apps. So the dual-core will be useless until IC drops. The 3D thing is gimmicky, is on just about every electronic that has it. Just because the EVO 3D will have a bigger battery, that does not translate into better life. They are just making up for more demanding hardware. The EVO 3D will have a better resolution, but the screen won't come close to the quality of the Super AMOLED on the Nexus S. Better Bluetooth? What will the EVO 3D do on Bluetooth that the Nexus can't? Anything real world use? No! As for front facing cameras, I use plenty of them and a 1.3MP will not make the quality any better, it will make the screen bigger but that does not translate into better quality. I also want to point out just so everyone is aware.. 1080p video record will demand at least a class 10 SD card to run smoothly. Even 720p videos need at least a Class 6 for smooth recording. Look at the quality of the EVO 720p it's piss poor. My testing of the EVO 3D did not show huge improvements in this area, HTC is still using cheap camera parts and terrible software for it.
1: The Evo 3D absolutely WILL get updates quickly. Again, the Evo got Froyo as soon as it was released so why would the Evo 3D be any different? And it doesn't matter anyway because the community has them ready before Sprint anyway.

2: Why should I care if GB is optimized for dual core? The chip is still faster than the last gen chip on the Nexus S anyway. And it WILL be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich anyway, so it WILL be optimized for dual core.

3: The higher resolution will make for a much better display, don't kid yourself.

4: Yes, the bluetooth 3.0 is a better spec than 2.1. Right now, today, it is better. More data can be transferred, meaning better quality audio and possibly video someday. Especially when more things are using bluetooth (like the PS3 remote).

5: 1.3 front camera is WAY better than a VGA camera, lol. Not even debatable.

6: So what if you need a good sd card for 1080p video? lol, what a ridiculous statement. Guess what? You also need a 4G phone to use 4G! lol I'll take 1080p video, and I'll get a good sd card for it too.

The bottom line is, the Evo 3D is a MUCH better phone than the Nexus S. And anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
1: The Evo 3D absolutely WILL get updates quickly. Again, the Evo got Froyo as soon as it was released so why would the Evo 3D be any different? And it doesn't matter anyway because the community has them ready before Sprint anyway.

2: Why should I care if GB is optimized for dual core? The chip is still faster than the last gen chip on the Nexus S anyway. And it WILL be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich anyway, so it WILL be optimized for dual core.

3: The higher resolution will make for a much better display, don't kid yourself.

4: Yes, the bluetooth 3.0 is a better spec than 2.1. Right now, today, it is better. More data can be transferred, meaning better quality audio and possibly video someday. Especially when more things are using bluetooth (like the PS3 remote).

5: 1.3 front camera is WAY better than a VGA camera, lol. Not even debatable.

6: So what if you need a good sd card for 1080p video? lol, what a ridiculous statement. Guess what? You also need a 4G phone to use 4G! lol I'll take 1080p video, and I'll get a good sd card for it too.

The bottom line is, the Evo 3D is a MUCH better phone than the Nexus S. And anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you.

If the EVO gets fast updates, where is GB?

None of your points showed any valid proof of much. The EVO may of got Froyo, which was a month after it was released. Read my post again.. At least a month wait... Your correct it will get IC, but it won't be when the Nexus 3 releases with it. Could honestly care less about Bluetooth, I transfer everything using Wi-Fi. Your pretty dead wrong on the front facing camera debate, go ahead and do a little research and you will see. A 1.3MP will just give a bigger picture, not always better quality. The quality is in the sensor. Which HTC is notoriously known for using terrible ones for the cameras. I also never said the EVO 3D wasn't the better device, but you assumed that was being implied. I mentioned that anyone swaying the other direction was not making a poor decision. The EVO 3D as it stands will not utilize that dual-core and in real world performance between both devices you won't notice a difference. You will see it on benchmarks, but who cares about benchmark numbers. Those benchmarks are also inaccurate for dual-core being that the system itself isn't utilizing them properly. If your going by paper yes the EVO 3D is a better device. Except that Sense is still a hog on the memory, and when I tested it at CTIA it was bogging down in many areas. If your going by real-world performance you will never know which device is faster, unless your playing a game that demands over 60fps.

Both devices are amazing, but the thing that kills it for me on these devices is no choice for using stock launcher. I personally don't like Sense because of it being as poorly optimized as Windows Vista. I would much rather use the stock AOSP launcher. I work with Android every single day of my life, it is apart of my job. I play with hundreds of devices, so i'm not going to be biased on one. Both are solid, but it will come down to preference. Also if you want to see a screen comparison between the EVO 3D and Nexus S, just search Atrix 4G vs Nexus S. The Atrix has the exact same display as the EVO 3D will. If i'm an every day consumer, I would be waiting for the Galaxy S2 which is supposed to come to Sprint this summer according to reports.

Last edited:

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the review! I've had the Palm Pre for the last few years and recently upgraded to a used Evo and I love it! I've been debating whether to get the Nexus S or wait for the Evo 3D, and after seeing my friend's Nexus S, I'm actually pretty convinced that I want another Evo. No one has really mentioned the 4.3" screen, but that is a huge differentiator for me other than dual core. It doesn't seem like a huge size difference, but to me it seemed like night and day. I did like the Nexus S screen, but I expect the qHD display to look just as nice.

At this point I think the only thing that can talk me out of getting a Evo 3D is if Samsung or Sprint suddenly announces that the Galaxy SII will be out shortly after.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review! I've had the Palm Pre for the last few years and recently upgraded to a used Evo and I love it! I've been debating whether to get the Nexus S or wait for the Evo 3D, and after seeing my friend's Nexus S, I'm actually pretty convinced that I want another Evo. No one has really mentioned the 4.3" screen, but that is a huge differentiator for me other than dual core. It doesn't seem like a huge size difference, but to me it seemed like night and day. I did like the Nexus S screen, but I expect the qHD display to look just as nice.

At this point I think the only thing that can talk me out of getting a Evo 3D is if Samsung or Sprint suddenly announces that the Galaxy SII will be out shortly after.

This has the same display the EVO 3D will, qHD (540 x 960) S-LCD which is harder on the battery then AMOLED. By no means does that look just as nice.

YouTube - ‪Motorola Atrix 4G vs. Google Nexus S Dogfight Part 1‬‏

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D can tether also. And it will also have updates as soon as they are released (maybe not from Sprint- although the Evo has been pretty good about getting updates from Sprint).

How can you seriously ask what it does than the Nexus doesn't, and then say not including the 3D and the faster processor? lol Those are 2 pretty major things to just skip over them.

Yes, the Evo 3D will be able to tether but it will cost you $30 a month whiles its FREE on the Nexus :) What makes you so sure the 3D will get updates right away, its a Sprint phone. Has anyone not on a custom ROM seen Gingerbread on their Evo 4G yet? Nope, and its been out nearly 6 months. If you think Sprint will be any faster updating the 3D, you will be disappointed. Sense 3.0 is even bigger and more complicated which will surely mean more time to wait for Sprint to update your new phone. Hell, the 3D will be running outdated software at launch...

I skipped over 3D as a major thing because seriously, how many people have a 3DTV? I can tell you...4% of US households. Whats the point of shooting 3D photos and videos if you can only watch them on your phone and cant share them via MMS or even an upload online? That technology is still a ways off and thats IF it catches on. Playing a 3D game might be cool but I am not a gamer. The faster processor wont be a major advantage until ICS is released end of the year but by then, the new Nexus phone should be out with it first and with a dual core itself. Google has already said it will be optimized to work just as well on single core phones as well. So yea, I dont see a major advantage there unless you are going to start doing some heavy graphics or HD video editing on your cell phone...

Nexus also has an NFC chip, the 3D does not. This feature will be much more useful than 3D photos will ever be to many users and its already starting to be used over on XDA for things like programmable settings.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Evo 3D will be able to tether but it will cost you $30 a month whiles its FREE on the Nexus :) What makes you so sure the 3D will get updates right away, its a Sprint phone. Has anyone not on a custom ROM seen Gingerbread on their Evo 4G yet? Nope, and its been out nearly 6 months. If you think Sprint will be any faster updating the 3D, you will be disappointed. Sense 3.0 is even bigger and more complicated which will surely mean more time to wait for Sprint to update your new phone. Hell, the 3D will be running outdated software at launch...

I skipped over 3D as a major thing because seriously, how many people have a 3DTV? I can tell you...4% of US households. Whats the point of shooting 3D photos and videos if you can only watch them on your phone and cant share them via MMS or even an upload online? That technology is still a ways off and thats IF it catches on. Playing a 3D game might be cool but I am not a gamer. The faster processor wont be a major advantage until ICS is released end of the year but by then, the new Nexus phone should be out with it first and with a dual core itself. Google has already said it will be optimized to work just as well on single core phones as well. So yea, I dont see a major advantage there unless you are going to start doing some heavy graphics or HD video editing on your cell phone...

Nexus also has an NFC chip, the 3D does not. This feature will be much more useful than 3D photos will ever be to many users and its already starting to be used over on XDA for things like programmable settings.

Your points on Dual-core are dead on. I couldn't agree more. Heck one device I can say that doesn't show much difference with dual-core is my iPad 2, which didn't seem that much faster then my first one. Again because iOS is not utilized for full optimization of it. Same goes for Android.. It's not ready for it, and when the Nexus 3 drops I will be getting that.

I agree.. NFC is an amazing technology. They also did some demoing of that at IO on a bunch of different things. They also were showing the Android Open Accessories. Which only work right now with the Nexus S or Nexus One I believe.

http://www.androidcentral.com/about-android-open-accessories

Also to users thinking this will be a better camera. My testing showed not much of an improvement. This picture also does justice. Once again terrible in seeing objects in lower light, and grainy.

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-evo-3d-first-test-photo

Last edited:

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey buddy, its called decision justification and is a very common defense mechanisms....very common amongst the iPhone users. My...my my phone is just as good....just because (insert mundane feature).

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If the EVO gets fast updates, where is GB?

None of your points showed any valid proof of much. The EVO may of got Froyo, which was a month after it was released. Read my post again.. At least a month wait... Your correct it will get IC, but it won't be when the Nexus 3 releases with it. Could honestly care less about Bluetooth, I transfer everything using Wi-Fi. Your pretty dead wrong on the front facing camera debate, go ahead and do a little research and you will see. A 1.3MP will just give a bigger picture, not always better quality. The quality is in the sensor. Which HTC is notoriously known for using terrible ones for the cameras. I also never said the EVO 3D wasn't the better device, but you assumed that was being implied. I mentioned that anyone swaying the other direction was not making a poor decision. The EVO 3D as it stands will not utilize that dual-core and in real world performance between both devices you won't notice a difference. You will see it on benchmarks, but who cares about benchmark numbers. Those benchmarks are also inaccurate for dual-core being that the system itself isn't utilizing them properly. If your going by paper yes the EVO 3D is a better device. Except that Sense is still a hog on the memory, and when I tested it at CTIA it was bogging down in many areas. If your going by real-world performance you will never know which device is faster, unless your playing a game that demands over 60fps.

Both devices are amazing, but the thing that kills it for me on these devices is no choice for using stock launcher. I personally don't like Sense because of it being as poorly optimized as Windows Vista. I would much rather use the stock AOSP launcher. I work with Android every single day of my life, it is apart of my job. I play with hundreds of devices, so i'm not going to be biased on one. Both are solid, but it will come down to preference. Also if you want to see a screen comparison between the EVO 3D and Nexus S, just search Atrix 4G vs Nexus S. The Atrix has the exact same display as the EVO 3D will. If i'm an every day consumer, I would be waiting for the Galaxy S2 which is supposed to come to Sprint this summer according to reports.
1: I have been running GB on my Evo since before the Sprint Nexus S even launched.

2: So your point is that a Nexus S AND a Nexus 3, together, is better than an Evo 3D? Because, again, the Evo 3D IS a better phone than the Nexus S, and it isn't even close. The Evo 3D WILL get Ice Cream Sandwich, and that WILL take advantage of the dual core that the the Evo 3D already has. No need to buy another $500-$600 phone in a few months just to get what the Evo 3D already has.

3: You are absolutely wrong on the camera issue. Yes, a 1.3 mp is capable of giving a much bigger picture than a VGA camera. It also means the picture is BETTER when it is not used at the full size.

4: You are dead wrong saying "you will never know which device is faster." Stop lying to everyone here. Yes, you absolutely WILL know. Not only is the CPU faster (even if it wasn't a dual core, it is still 20% faster) but when Ice Cream Sandwich launches in a few months, it will take advantage of the dual core that the Evo 3D has.

5: There is absolutely no debate here, the Evo 3D is by far the better phone. There is plenty you can do on it that you will never be able to do on the Nexus S, which is what sparked this whole thing.

6: You may not like Sense, but that doesn't mean the phone is worse. If you don't like Sense, flash a ROM that doesn't have it.

Reactions: astoriacub

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Go Google "Nexus S GPS issue". its funny...

I like the post where the guy goes "Is it me or does the GPS on my Nexus S-ucks?"

lol.....weeee sumsung. I can't wait to buy one of those awesome samsung phones with the sweet wifi's and extra googles.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
1: I have been running GB on my Evo since before the Sprint Nexus S even launched. Yeah a buggy ported ROM ;)

2: So your point is that a Nexus S AND a Nexus 3, together, is better than an Evo 3D? Because, again, the Evo 3D IS a better phone than the Nexus S, and it isn't even close. The Evo 3D WILL get Ice Cream Sandwich, and that WILL take advantage of the dual core that the the Evo 3D already has. No need to buy another $500-$600 phone in a few months just to get what the Evo 3D already has. Again you must of failed to read my post. I did say it will get ICS, but won't till after Dec, because that is the rumored release date of the Nexus 3. Won't get it before that. Also don't get it twisted the Tegra 3 that will be in the Nexus 3 will blow the EVO 3D away. I don't need to spend that, I get an upgrade once a year.

3: You are absolutely wrong on the camera issue. Yes, a 1.3 mp is capable of giving a much bigger picture than a VGA camera. It also means the picture is BETTER when it is not used at the full size.Difference is slight at best, still depends on the sensor within the camera.

4: You are dead wrong saying "you will never know which device is faster." Stop lying to everyone here. Yes, you absolutely WILL know. Not only is the CPU faster (even if it wasn't a dual core, it is still 20% faster) but when Ice Cream Sandwich launches in a few months, it will take advantage of the dual core that the Evo 3D has. I also never mentioned the EVO 3D wasn't faster. On paper yes it is, but in real world performance it does not show. Once Android handles multi-thread tasks and utilizes dual-core then yes it will show significant difference. Yet that still doesn't make the Nexus S slow by any means.

5: There is absolutely no debate here, the Evo 3D is by far the better phone. There is plenty you can do on it that you will never be able to do on the Nexus S, which is what sparked this whole thing. Name it besides 3D?

6: You may not like Sense, but that doesn't mean the phone is worse. If you don't like Sense, flash a ROM that doesn't have it.
I flash all the time, but most ROM's have so many bugs and will never be as stable like OEM builds.

The Tegra 3 will be Quad-core, may want to read up on it. The EVO 3D won't stand a chance.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/02/teg...-chip-worlds-first-quadcore-mobile-processor/

Go Google "Nexus S GPS issue". its funny...

I like the post where the guy goes "Is it me or does the GPS on my Nexus S-ucks?"

lol.....weeee sumsung. I can't wait to buy one of those awesome samsung phones with the sweet wifi's and extra googles.

An issue fixed a long time ago. Nice try though

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

1: Tethering will be free on the Evo 3D, running the exact same app that the Nexus S runs.

2: The Evo was quick to get Froyo. And if you have to install a custom ROM to get the features you want, then install a custom ROM.

3: So you are saying that because a lot of people don't have 3D tv right now, it's safe to assume they NEVER will? Again, more and more tv's are coming with 3D built in. Someday, everyone WILL have a 3D tv. And when that day comes, everyone will wish their old videos and pictures were shot in 3D.

4: You are wrong, you CAN upload them online. The phone includes a 3D youtube app.

5: Even if a lot of people don't have a 3D tv, I would think most people forking out the cash to buy a $500+ phone will be in that minority who own a 3D tv. Or at the very least, the people forking out the cash for this type of phone will more than likely own a 3D tv sooner, rather than later.

6: So what if someday a new Nexus phone will be out? I'm sure someday a phone will be out that is better than than "yet to be released" Nexus 3, also. What does that have to do with anything? The fact of the matter is, you don't have to wait for a Nexus 3, or any other future phone. The Evo 3D will be here in a few weeks. Nobody is making the argument that the Evo 3D is the best phone that will ever be made. We're saying it's the best phone on Sprint right now (or as soon as it is released).

7: Are you claiming that Ice Cream Sandwich will make a single core run just as fast/smooth/whatever as a dual core? Totally laughable if that is what you are claiming. And if you are not claiming this, then I don;t know why you said "Google has already said it will be optimized to work just as well on single core phones as well." It may run on a single core phone, but in no way will it be "just as well" as it runs on a single core.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
1: Tethering will be free on the Evo 3D, running the exact same app that the Nexus S runs. Incorrect, it will have the Sprint Hotspot app. I have already had hands-on with the device. Sprint also mentioned it would cost extra a month to use.

2: The Evo was quick to get Froyo. And if you have to install a custom ROM to get the features you want, then install a custom ROM. EVO got Froyo a month after release. Which once again you failed to read my first post. A month or more wait time for new Android releases on the EVO 3D. Still does not guarantee it will get ICS that quick. It probably won't...

3: So you are saying that because a lot of people don't have 3D tv right now, it's safe to assume they NEVER will? Again, more and more tv's are coming with 3D built in. Someday, everyone WILL have a 3D tv. And when that day comes, everyone will wish their old videos and pictures were shot in 3D. If you read most analysts blogs or articles, 3D may be the biggest gimmick tech we have today. Nobody is really buying into it.

4: You are wrong, you CAN upload them online. The phone includes a 3D youtube app. Youtube does not support 3D playback currently. Even when it does, it will only work on 3D only electronics.

5: Even if a lot of people don't have a 3D tv, I would think most people forking out the cash to buy a $500+ phone will be in that minority who own a 3D tv. Or at the very least, the people forking out the cash for this type of phone will more than likely own a 3D tv sooner, rather than later. Again most people could care less about 3D right now.

6: So what if someday a new Nexus phone will be out? I'm sure someday a phone will be out that is better than than "yet to be released" Nexus 3, also. What does that have to do with anything? The fact of the matter is, you don't have to wait for a Nexus 3, or any other future phone. The Evo 3D will be here in a few weeks. Nobody is making the argument that the Evo 3D is the best phone that will ever be made. We're saying it's the best phone on Sprint right now (or as soon as it is released). Why not just wait for the Sprint Within? Which is the Galaxy S2 device? Should be here this summer, and is much faster then the EVO 3D.

7: Are you claiming that Ice Cream Sandwich will make a single core run just as fast/smooth/whatever as a dual core? Totally laughable if that is what you are claiming. And if you are not claiming this, then I don;t know why you said "Google has already said it will be optimized to work just as well on single core phones as well." It may run on a single core phone, but in no way will it be "just as well" as it runs on a single core.
Quote me where I wrote that exact sentence or implied anything about a single-core device regarding ICS. Did you watch IO by chance? Google mentioned it would be optimized for both CPU architectures, and would support Quad-core.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I flash all the time, but most ROM's have so many bugs and will never be as stable like OEM builds.

The Tegra 3 will be Quad-core, may want to read up on it. The EVO 3D won't stand a chance.

Tegra Roadmap Revealed: Next Chip to be World?€™s First Quad-Core Mobile Processor ? NVIDIA
My ROM is rock solid. There are plenty of stable GB builds. You don't know what the heck you're talking about if you say they are all buggy, lol.

And nobody said the Evo 3D is the best phone that will ever be made. Only that it blows the Nexus S out of the water, and will be the best phone on Sprint when it is released.

As for naming stuff it does besides 3D that the Nexus S doesn't- we've been over that. For starters, it uses Micro SD cards, and Bluetooth 3.1 devices.

Yeah, go ahead and tell us all how you don't care about it (like iPhone users who used to say they didn't care about MMS, and now say they don't care about 4G). It doesn't make it any less true that it DOES do those things that a Nexus S can't.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My ROM is rock solid. There are plenty of stable GB builds. You don;t know what the heck you're talking about, lol. No good sir you don't, and your continuing to proceed an argument you already lost.

And nobody said the Evo 3D is the best phone that will ever be made. Only that it blows the Nexus S out of the water, and will be the best phone on Sprint when it is released. In benchmarks, and in real world testing you never noticed.

As for naming stuff it does besides 3D that the Nexus S doesn't- we've been over that. For starters, it uses Micro SD cards, and Bluetooth 3.1 devices. Name a number of 3.1 BT devices? Including PC's, Mac's and peripherals. As for the Micro SD argument.. Yeah you may be right, but 16gb is plenty of space. Especially with Google Music now and the cloud for the music storage.

Yeah, go ahead and tell us all how you don't care about it (like iPhone users who used to say they didn't care about MMS, and now say they don't care about 4G). It doesn't make it any less true that it DOES do those things that a Nexus S can't.
Again name them besides 3D? NFC trounces 3D capabilities. You will be sorely upset when NFC starts getting widely used for many cool things before this year is out.

benjimatt

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I must say google truly dropped the ball on the the Nexus S 4g.
I just recieved one on wednesday and its honestly a decent phone. Im coming from a droid x and the drop in screen size didnt bother me at all and the display of the nexus screen is beautiful. Also the phone feels really nice in the hand.

Unfortunately there are key features that may make me switch to the evo 3d wheen it come sout.

NO micro-Sd!!!!! This bothers me a lot because I am always taking out the sd card in my droid x and now I cant do that. Sometimes I would take it out to put a bunch of songs or videos on it and leave my computer with my phone. So much for that anymore.

The Service is terrible. IDK if its just sprint or just my area but when im at my office I am only getting 0-1 bars and it annoys the crap out of me.

NO BLINKING LED. Are you serious google!!!!!!!! What the heck were you thinking when you decided not to put a LED on the phone. now when im watching a movie and my phones on silent I cant just flip it over and look I actually have to turn on the phone. NOT COOL GOOGLE.

Other than that its a really nice phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci