My EVO 3D review

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I must say google truly dropped the ball on the the Nexus S 4g.
I just recieved one on wednesday and its honestly a decent phone. Im coming from a droid x and the drop in screen size didnt bother me at all and the display of the nexus screen is beautiful. Also the phone feels really nice in the hand.

Unfortunately there are key features that may make me switch to the evo 3d wheen it come sout.

NO micro-Sd!!!!! This bothers me a lot because I am always taking out the sd card in my droid x and now I cant do that. Sometimes I would take it out to put a bunch of songs or videos on it and leave my computer with my phone. So much for that anymore.

The Service is terrible. IDK if its just sprint or just my area but when im at my office I am only getting 0-1 bars and it annoys the crap out of me.

NO BLINKING LED. Are you serious google!!!!!!!! What the heck were you thinking when you decided not to put a LED on the phone. now when im watching a movie and my phones on silent I cant just flip it over and look I actually have to turn on the phone. NOT COOL GOOGLE.

Other than that its a really nice phone :)

All you need to do is plug-in your Nexus and it will work as USB storage device. Works same as SD card. ;)

I hear your pain on the LED... However even on the phones that have them, they shut off after like 5 minutes of alerting. Honestly something that is overlooked big time. I would rather have a ringtone set to keep alarming me of the notification, which is possible.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This SPL guy is funny as all get out. I hope he isn't a re-tard as I would feel bad about making fun of an idiot and a re-tard.

512megs of ram...who needs more than that? E3D has 1gig
No LED??? who needs that? Nexus S sucks E3D has two
No HDMI/DLNA ...E3D has it
qHD??? Nexus what?? E3D has it
720p recording? lol even the EVo has that...E3D has 1080...Nexus S 480. Sure they are both compressed...guess whose is better?
Panoramic Mode? Sorry Nexus S
VGA camera on Nexus S??...pics not as good as EVO OG or E3D
Noise Cancelling Mic? oops...sorry Nexus S...E3D has it
Expandable Storage?? Sorry Nexus S

Cheap plastic build? Ahhhhhhh....DAMN, this is where the Nexus S has me...definitely has the cheap plastic build.

If I was only right about half of these E3D > Nexus S

This has really been hilarious folks. You keep justifying and I'll keep laughing. Thanks, I wish I could donate to you or something. Again...if you have a disability, I'm sorry.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This SPL guy is funny as all get out. I hope he isn't a re-tard as I would feel bad about making fun of an idiot and a re-tard.

512megs of ram...who needs more than that? E3D has 1gig You need it for Sense Hogs
No LED??? who needs that? Nexus S sucks E3D has two Rather have alert ringtone, LED shuts off after 5 minutes.
No HDMI/DLNA ...E3D has it Would rather stream with Wi-Fi to media center, or other app.
qHD??? Nexus what?? E3D has it qHD is subpar at best, tests already show the Super AMOLED beats it. Youtube it
720p recording? lol even the EVo has that...E3D has 1080...Nexus S 480. Sure they are bothcompressed...guess whose is better? If it's anything like the first EVO, expect subpar quality on all.
Panoramic Mode? Sorry Nexus S Apps in Market for it
VGA camera on Nexus S??...pics not as good as EVO OG or E3D Front facing used almost primarily for video-chat.
Noise Cancelling Mic? oops...sorry Nexus S...E3D has it Nexus Does have it http://www.google.com/nexus/#/tech-specs
Expandable Storage?? Sorry Nexus S How much more you need?

Cheap plastic build? Ahhhhhhh....DAMN, this is where the Nexus S has me...definitely has the cheap plastic build.Another fanboy argument by HTC people, feels pretty solid to me.

If I was only right about half of these E3D > Nexus S

This has really been hilarious folks. You keep justifying and I'll keep laughing. Thanks, I wish I could donate to you or something. Again...if you have a disability, I'm sorry.
You keep up that poor grammar ;)

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Quote me where I wrote that exact sentence or implied anything about a single-core device regarding ICS. Did you watch IO by chance? Google mentioned it would be optimized for both CPU architectures, and would support Quad-core.

Um, I DID quote the sentence. LOL, are you having trouble reading today? You freaking quoted the quote, and then asked me to quote it again.

1: You're wrong man. Yes, you can ay $30 to tether is you want. Or you can install the free tethering app from the market (like I have and use every day right now). Either you don't know what the heck you are talking about, or you already know this and you are trying to deceive everyone with false claims. Either way, the truth is you WILL be able to tether FOR FREE on the Evo 3D.

2: You seem to think I care about your official upgrades from Sprint? lol, I don't give a damn. If I can install Ice Cream Sandwich via XDA, Cyanogen, or some other cook, it is FINE with me and I would do it that way even if Sprint had an official upgrade. I PREFER the cooked ROMs. And if I didn;t, waiting a month would be no big deal. Seriously, you're suggesting that people wait several months to get a Nexus 3. And the main reason is.... wait for it... Because you might have to wait a month longer to get Ice Cream Sandwich on the Evo 3D (which will be available in a couple weeks). lol

3: You are wrong. There is a 3D youtube app included on the Evo 3D.

4: When you say most people could care less about 3D, speak for yourself. Like I said, more and more tv's are including 3D. Soon you won;t be able to buy a tv without it. And when you finally get a 3D tv, you will wish all your old videos and pictures were shot in 3D.

5: Why wait for anything when I can get an Evo 3D in a couple weeks? Especially a crappy Samsung device. I'll get the Evo 3D in a couple weeks, thank you very much.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All you need to do is plug-in your Nexus and it will work as USB storage device. Works same as SD card. ;)

I hear your pain on the LED... However even on the phones that have them, they shut off after like 5 minutes of alerting. Honestly something that is overlooked big time. I would rather have a ringtone set to keep alarming me of the notification, which is possible.

No, that is not just like an SD card. I can take my sd card and pop it into another phone and BAM, I'm ready to go with all my stuff.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Um, I DID quote the sentence. LOL, are you having trouble reading today? You freaking quoted the quote, and then asked me to quote it again. No you wrote it yourself in your message, not quoting it with the site.

1: You're wrong man. Yes, you can ay $30 to tether is you want. Or you can install the free tethering app from the market (like I have and use every day right now). Either you don't know what the heck you are talking about, or you already know this and you are trying to deceive everyone with false claims. Either way, the truth is you WILL be able to tether FOR FREE on the Evo 3D. Are you aware Sprint has made this app mandatory on all devices that have tethering capabilities? Why would they offer both? Does that even sound logical to you? What you think everyone would choose?

2: You seem to think I care about your official upgrades from Sprint? lol, I don't give a damn. If I can install Ice Cream Sandwich via XDA, Cyanogen, or some other cook, it is FINE with me and I would do it that way even if Sprint had an official upgrade. I PREFER the cooked ROMs. And if I didn;t, waiting a month would be no big deal. Seriously, you're suggesting that people wait several months to get a Nexus 3. And the main reason is.... wait for it... Because you might have to wait a month longer to get Ice Cream Sandwich on the Evo 3D (which will be available in a couple weeks). lol No I suggested people wait for the Sprint Within "AKA Galaxy S2"

3: You are wrong. There is a 3D youtube app included on the Evo 3D. Okay now hit up youtube.com and see if you can see 3D videos. Bummer that the only 4% of americans that have access to a Youtube 3D app will only be able to see them. The number is probably smaller, considering no device but that will have it at the time.

4: When you say most people could care less about 3D, speak for yourself. Like I said, more and more tv's are including 3D. Soon you won;t be able to buy a tv without it. And when you finally get a 3D tv, you will wish all your old videos and pictures were shot in 3D. I'm speaking by polls taken of who owns them, and polls taken if people had a choice.

5: Why wait for anything when I can get an Evo 3D in a couple weeks? Especially a crappy Samsung device. I'll get the Evo 3D in a couple weeks, thank you very much.
Why is the Epic getting GB before the EVO 4G? Samsung is far from a crappy brand. I'm sure the TV you own is a Samsung?

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/off-topic-discussion/1031-3d-americans-still-aren-t-buying.html

http://www.dvd-intelligence.com/display-article.php?article=1494

http://www.vision2mobile.com/news/2011/04/hype-check-most-americans-leery-of-3d-tv.aspx

amcooper

May 11, 2011
Visit site
To watermelon, I'm a professional photographer . Your camera statement on megapixels is completely inaccurate. More megapixels does NOT mean better picture. There are numerous cameras that shoot 14mp that I would pass by in a second over another camera. Picture quality is primarly driven by the quality and size of the sensor NOT megapixel amount. You've been snowed by the camera marketing ads my friend.

Reactions: splmonster

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why is the Epic getting GB before the EVO 4G? Samsung is far from a crappy brand. I'm sure the TV you own is a Samsung?

No, I didn't "write it myself." I copied and pasted it, and put it in QUOTES.

And no, my tv isn't some crappy Samsung, lol. It's a garbage company who releases garbage products.

And the Epic isn't getting GB before the Evo. My Evo has had GB for months now.

When did the Epic get Froyo? lol

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a professional photographer . Your camera statement on megapixels is completely inaccurate. More megapixels does NOT mean better picture. There are numerous cameras that shoot 14mp that I would pass by in a second over another camera. Picture quality is primarly driven by the quality and size of the sensor NOT megapixel amount. You've been snowed by the camera marketing ads my friend.

Thank you.. I have been saying this over and over. Nobody seems to get that.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
No, I didn't "write it myself." I copied and pasted it, and put it in QUOTES. Hmm okay, I just went back and did not see such a thing referencing Single-core to ICS. However even if it was said, Google stated it would be optimized for both architectures at IO.

And no, my tv isn't some crappy Samsung, lol. It's a garbage company who releases garbage products.Oh wow... So all the review sites that rate them in top 3 are wrong? Just a narrow-knowledged statement there.

And the Epic isn't getting GB before the Evo. My Evo has had GB for months now. http://www.androidcentral.com/epic-...mpaign=Feed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central) Really? No reports from HTC nor Sprint on GB for the EVO. Nothing official

When did the Epic get Froyo? lol
Don't change the subject..

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
BTW in case you didn't know. Software noise-cancelling isn't the same as having two hardware mics. I don't think there is an app for the Nexus S that allows you to do a panoramic sweep. There is a stitching app though....those suck.

I like how you didn't have much more of a counter for all of my extra features of the EVO 3D other than generic justification. You argument falls apart when it gets to the details. Sour grapes is hardly a rebuttal.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Um, I DID quote the sentence. LOL, are you having trouble reading today? You freaking quoted the quote, and then asked me to quote it again.

1: You're wrong man. Yes, you can ay $30 to tether is you want. Or you can install the free tethering app from the market (like I have and use every day right now). Either you don't know what the heck you are talking about, or you already know this and you are trying to deceive everyone with false claims. Either way, the truth is you WILL be able to tether FOR FREE on the Evo 3D.

2: You seem to think I care about your official upgrades from Sprint? lol, I don't give a damn. If I can install Ice Cream Sandwich via XDA, Cyanogen, or some other cook, it is FINE with me and I would do it that way even if Sprint had an official upgrade. I PREFER the cooked ROMs. And if I didn;t, waiting a month would be no big deal. Seriously, you're suggesting that people wait several months to get a Nexus 3. And the main reason is.... wait for it... Because you might have to wait a month longer to get Ice Cream Sandwich on the Evo 3D (which will be available in a couple weeks). lol

3: You are wrong. There is a 3D youtube app included on the Evo 3D.

4: When you say most people could care less about 3D, speak for yourself. Like I said, more and more tv's are including 3D. Soon you won;t be able to buy a tv without it. And when you finally get a 3D tv, you will wish all your old videos and pictures were shot in 3D.

Right, until that free tether app is blocked by Sprint or removed from the market as countless others have been. Sprint will probably have it blocked the day the 3D is launched. The Nexus is a GOOGLE phone, Sprint has no control over it and therefore cant block the native tethering feature. The same way T Mobile cant block the free tether feature on their Nexus S.

What good will a 3D Youtube app do? How man people are going to sit in front of their computer with those lame red/blue glasses on to watch Youtube? Not gonna happen. I still cant see 3D TV catching on unless its glasses free and thats still a year or two off. But get whatever makes you happy.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Right, until that free tether app is blocked by Sprint or removed from the market as countless others have been. Sprint will probably have it blocked the day the 3D is launched. The Nexus is a GOOGLE phone, Sprint has no control over it and therefore cant block the native tethering feature. The same way T Mobile cant block the free tether feature on their Nexus S.

What good will a 3D Youtube app do? How man people are going to sit in front of their computer with those lame red/blue glasses on to watch Youtube? Not gonna happen. I still cant see 3D TV catching on unless its glasses free and thats still a year or two off. But get whatever makes you happy.

Do I need to point out everything wrong with this post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca