My EVO 3D review

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It is nice to see this phone making it out to public some more! I just wanted to clarify that the 2D/3D switch only affects the camera's capture mode. The software determines if the content is 2D or 3D and displays it as required.

NYC Dude

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Im getting the Evo 3d for a few reasons

Dual core processor. None of that not optimized bs it will be eventually and most people use contract extension to get phones so thats future proofing.

Double the ram
Micro sd support
qHD display which translate to much more pixels than the nexus s fake 800x480 pentile display.
notification light
DLNA
HDMI that actually charges your phone when connected to the tv !
bigger battery

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe people are even discussing this evo 3d vs nexus. Spec vise its not even a competition. We all know the evo 3d beats it but everything else the nexus s owns. I am a evo 4g user who now owns a nexus just for 30 days as i will return it to get the evo 3d cause i care about specs allot and i will root no matter what but any general consumer that asks me what to get i will always say to get the nexus as overal it will be a much better user experiance especially since noobs dont know how to root but do want to receive the latest updates.

I also want to add that im really going to have a hard returning this nexus as i really think that so far this is the best phone i have ever used.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Reactions: GhostMe

slag02

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Additional EVO 3D pictures -
The # is 1927
5741274955_60b4ccba89_z.jpg

5741827548_b0b6a50ee4_z.jpg

5741827456_002cd245f7_z.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed - It was fun to play with and to get posted on the front of Android Central!

Thanks everyone for the comments

And yes yes yes.. I know the argument about Benchmarks etc... but I also know you guys like to see them...

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The # is 1927

Hope you all enjoyed - It was fun to play with and to get posted on the front of Android Central!

And yes yes yes.. I know the argument about Benchmarks etc... but I also know you guys like to see them...

Nice! However was expecting 2k + from Quadrant. We also have to remember that none of these apps are dual-core optimized, not to mention same goes with Android. Once this has ICS, expect those numbers to go up. I'm excited to see what this thing can do with overclocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChasDROID

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe people are even discussing this evo 3d vs nexus. Spec vise its not even a competition. We all know the evo 3d beats it but everything else the nexus s owns. I am a evo 4g user who now owns a nexus just for 30 days as i will return it to get the evo 3d cause i care about specs allot

I am sorry but spec chasers like yourself are absurd. You DO realize a bigger and better phone will come along probably within months after you get your Evo 3D right? Then what? Not to mention your software will be outdated too while the "inferior" Nexus is running the fresh new version of Android :)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The # is 1927

Hey Slag can you run Nenamark for us?

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry but spec chasers like yourself are absurd. You DO realize a bigger and better phone will come along probably within months after you get your Evo 3D right? Then what? Not to mention your software will be outdated too while the "inferior" Nexus is running the fresh new version of Android :)

You just won't give up! First, you're being rude to people. Why can't you just be polite? You think everyone is wrong, and they all think you're wrong. No one needs to be rude to each other. Second, there is no Google Nexus phone that will exist at the time of the Evo 3D release that, by the numbers, could possibly be considered superior to the Evo 3D. The Nexus S may get ICS before Evo 3D, but it won't be able to do as much with it as the Evo can. It also may get it sooner than the Evo, but anyone who absolutely has to have it right away (instead of waiting a month) will probably be capable of rooting the device and getting it sooner. Besides, your argument is just as absurd dkotoric's. He wants to buy the newest phone so he has the best, but you think it's stupid and he should wait for a better phone. how long should he wait? The next Google phone will probably blow the Evo 3D out of the water, but the next Evo will blow it out of the water. Should he wait for a 20 GHz 10 core processor phone with 80 GBs of RAM 2 TB ROM and a 16,000:9,000 screen? If you're going to debate, at least make it constructive. Lastly, the mod has already been in here threatening to ban people for being off topic. Why can't you just give it up? If you hate the Evo 3D so much, then go into the Nexus S forum and make a post about what a terrible phone it is.

I'm sorry to be off topic, but no one can really comment on the topic because it gets swallowed up in your nonsense. It is really cool that slag got to use the phone and was willing to put all this info up. It would be really neat to hear more of what he has to say instead of sifting through all these unnecessary posts. (rant over)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
lets not do this again, please.

The reason so many different styles and models are made is so everyone can use the one they like. The OP was lucky enough to be able to do something any one of us would want to do -- play with a pre-release phone. Let's appreciate what he can tell us about it and not fight over choices.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well for people who love Sense I think the new Qualcomm processor is more important than people are giving it credit, there's a LOT going on in Sense 3.0 from a graphical standpoint and that dual core/enhanced graphics silicon is what makes it silky smooth. If you're a straight AOSP person than HTC phones probably don't appeal to you much anyway, but honestly I can't see the sense (sorry) in buying any single core phone at this point, why would you want to be stuck for the next year with a phone behind the curve of what developers are working with?

Thanks again Slag02 for posting your comments, I feel better about my Best Buy pre-order every day :)

Hi Focusfreak. I'm posting from my phone now... just read your post. The one above pretty much sums up what I would say if I felt like typing that much (late night ;)) You asked some valid questions. I happen to like my EVO 4G and Sense. I'll probably root the 3D if I get one, which I probably will, like I did this one to get other benefits like hotspot capabilities and to get rid of any bloat.

batsai#IM

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the border doesn't bother me but I have a few questions that I would like to see addressed in a review:

1. How scratchable is the glass on the back? I don't understand why all HTC phones have the camera lens protruding from the back of the phone?

2. When syncing photos to your Mac or PC, will it convert them to 2D? I don't imagine that I'll be able to look at 3D pictures on my computer...

Thanks for the mini-review!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the border doesn't bother me but I have a few questions that I would like to see addressed in a review:

1. How scratchable is the glass on the back? I don't understand why all HTC phones have the camera lens protruding from the back of the phone?

2. When syncing photos to your Mac or PC, will it convert them to 2D? I don't imagine that I'll be able to look at 3D pictures on my computer...

Thanks for the mini-review!

From what I understand, if you take a picture in 3d it actually takes another picture in 2d so no conversion is necessary. The lens doesn't protrude all the way out, that's the idea behind the red ring, to protect the lens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca