My EVO 3D review

jackhsieh98

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It's nice to see EVO connected to the DTV on HDMI; any one notice the DTV may be charging the EVO while using it? Otherwise, the battery will run out fast! The screen didn't look like 1080P?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It's nice to see EVO connected to the DTV on HDMI; any one notice the DTV may be charging the EVO while using it? Otherwise, the battery will run out fast! The screen didn't look like 1080P?

The screen is a true 16:9 ratio so it is 1080p. And the evo 3D will charge while plugged into an HDMI port if it is MHL ready.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice review. I'm getting this phone no matter what. I love the features as well as the specs, and most of all it's made by (HTC) the best in my opinion.

Thank-you. :-D

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Now I just need to convince Sprint to give me the full subsidized price instead of this $75 off nonsense. At that price, it'd actually be cheaper for me to cancel our lines, pay the contract cancellation fee, and the re-sign up just to get the subsidized price. Which is insane when you think about it.

check out this thread,
Current Sprint Customers Turn your $75 dollar upgrade into $ 150, FREE! (Evo 3d for 199) - Slickdeals.net

I was able to get sprint to reset my upgrade eligibility 6 months in advance. make sure you follow the script in the wiki section. don't need to say anything else.

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe people are even discussing this evo 3d vs nexus. Spec vise its not even a competition. We all know the evo 3d beats it but everything else the nexus s owns. I am a evo 4g user who now owns a nexus just for 30 days as i will return it to get the evo 3d cause i care about specs allot and i will root no matter what but any general consumer that asks me what to get i will always say to get the nexus as overal it will be a much better user experiance especially since noobs dont know how to root but do want to receive the latest updates.

I also want to add that im really going to have a hard returning this nexus as i really think that so far this is the best phone i have ever used.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Hmmm could you elaborate a bit on the whole 3d/nexus preference? I'm coming from a Palm Pre and this will be my first android phone. My sister has the Evo and from my understanding the difference between the 3d and nexus is the nexus is vanilla and doesn't have all the eye candy such as widgets and such. I really like the time/weather widget (when it's raining a windshield wiper comes up- I think that's so cool). So, anyways, which should I choose? 3d or Nexus? Why do you think the Nexus is the superior phone? Thanks.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm could you elaborate a bit on the whole 3d/nexus preference? I'm coming from a Palm Pre and this will be my first android phone. My sister has the Evo and from my understanding the difference between the 3d and nexus is the nexus is vanilla and doesn't have all the eye candy such as widgets and such. I really like the time/weather widget (when it's raining a windshield wiper comes up- I think that's so cool). So, anyways, which should I choose? 3d or Nexus? Why do you think the Nexus is the superior phone? Thanks.

Unless you love vanilla android, pick the Evo 3d, by all means. The Nexus S is one year old technology bumped up in speed slightly to seem more current, but none the less, it's basically the same as Galaxy S phones from last year. If you like the weather animations on the Evo 4G you will love the Evo 3d even more, because it has even fancier ones.

And if a guy named Focus Freak on here tries to tell you the Nexus S is the better choice, don't listen to him.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the review but I really have to disagree with the last statement about this is what evo 4g should have been. Evo 4g could not have been this phone because the stuff that is in this phone wasn't even in the market when evo launched, evo was what it should have been, it was one of the best phones available to market when it came out. Other than that I would agree with your other observations.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
check out this thread,
Current Sprint Customers Turn your $75 dollar upgrade into $ 150, FREE! (Evo 3d for 199) - Slickdeals.net

I was able to get sprint to reset my upgrade eligibility 6 months in advance. make sure you follow the script in the wiki section. don't need to say anything else.

Isn't that considered fraud?

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Hmmm you're only asking for it don't know how that could be fraud is up to Sprint to say yes or no.

BDHender

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
check out this thread,

I think this is a bunch of hooooey. I am Premier Gold (both plan and 13 years) with an EVO 3D pre ordered. My wife has a Moment (sigh) with 7 months remaining on the 2 year contract. They would not budge.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance