EVO 3D with 4G?

SenenCito

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3d is basically the coolest android phone that's being released right now.In my eyes only the galaxy s2 stands right next to it

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy S2 is a faster device.

And you know this because you own both devices right?

According to the benchmarks yes, but benchmarks are completely worthless... Lets see how every day usage comes to play. Remember how terrible touchwiz is on samsung devices? Case in point, play with an epic, and play with a nexus.. I would wager to say the differences in every day use will be close.

Reactions: GhostMe

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, well my cousin's friend's sister's chimpanzee can outsurf your friend's sister's cousin's orangutan :D
... Isn't a matter of prersonal preference when you have similar with matching (or close to) specs? The 3VO wil be my first android phone (coming form Pre), and all my friends that have had EVO's or Hero's would buy another HTC device, whereas my friends with the Eipcs aren't very happy with their devices. And there are others that prolly have the reverse experiences. So guess which one I'll be buying, regardless of who says which does what and how fast it does it. Really. Live 3VO and prosper! :cool:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My reasons for not waiting on the Galaxy S2:

1. Don't like Touch Whiz: Very important to me since the UI is something you deal with every day.
2. Lower resolution: All new super phones get qHD resolution, not sure why Samsung skimped there. Yes, the Super Amoled plus looks very nice, has better contrast, and might even be more energy efficient, but I prefer the higher resolution and correct aspect ratio of the screen for movies
3. No 3d. Yes...I know, it's gimmicky...but so was having an internet browser on a phone a few years ago. The 3d just adds an added layer of stuff you can do with this phone, it adds value, it distinguishes the phone and I suppose it has some wow factor....if you really need to impress your friends I suppose.

While the Galaxy S is a fast device with a great looking screen, that's about all it has going for it. I don't like Touchwhiz, and it has nothing besides the screen that makes it stand out from the crowd. I suppose it's a benchmark junkies dream come true.

I am not ready to judge the Evo 3d's camera until I used it myself. While HTC really doesn't use the best camera hardware in the world, the software does help a little to make the pictures look better. I for one was never unhappy with the Evo 4G camera, but then again, I am no photo junky either.

SenenCito

May 17, 2010
Visit site
the reason why I will choose evo over galaxy is quite simple

I own an evo, my girlfriend owns an epic. I can say that by far HTC's support and implementation of the galaxy has been superior. The galaxy may be faster, but knowing HTC's track record, im siding with them.

However id probably be extremely happy with either

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
And you know this because you own both devices right?

According to the benchmarks yes, but benchmarks are completely worthless... Lets see how every day usage comes to play. Remember how terrible touchwiz is on samsung devices? Case in point, play with an epic, and play with a nexus.. I would wager to say the differences in every day use will be close.

I agree! I'm a huge non-fan of Touchwiz, it seemed a bit "childish" for me. If that is a catagory? I did notice though that it was much lighter and performance was much smoother. Sense has always seemed more loaded to me and has always bogged things down. My EVO got fast once I ditched Sense. Even when I played hands-on with the EVO 3D it seemed that Sense slowed it down. I totally felt the Epic though was much smoother then the OG EVO. Still I hated the device anyways. I'm sure once rooted and the Sprint bloatware is removed, the EVO 3D will be much smoother and faster. It also should be noted though that launchers are easily changed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara