Signed Bootloader, are you still getting it?

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There's always the possibility HTC leaks something or releases something to make full unlock possible. I don't see them under any circumstance unencrypting the bootloader, but given the response after the public outcry, they may provide a way around it.

That is a huge, enormous maybe though.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There's always the possibility HTC leaks something or releases something to make full unlock possible. I don't see them under any circumstance unencrypting the bootloader, but given the response after the public outcry, they may provide a way around it.

Yeah they can provide the key.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

The eng hboot for those who want it would be nice.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
yup,,,,honestly,,,rooting and flashing roms is fun in all, but i do it as a side note...usually when my phone starts feeling old. i got my evo 4g on launch day and rooted it for the first time just two months ago...

Reactions: yourfriendmat

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm still going to get it. I would like to have the option to unlock the bootloader though, even if I don't plan on using it extensively. Hopefully HTC comes to their senses soon.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have no real intention of switching phones, but it would be hard as heck to switch from an open phone to a locked one. I am too flash happy..

mnhertz26

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, who cares about loading custom roms on the 3d. How many roms will works with 3d, hdmi, 4g, etc.. none, at least at first. I you can root you can still wifi tether. Bloatware isn't a huge deal because there is a ton more internal memory than the evo. There is no way that anyone will develop a bug free rom at first... I love playing with roms on my Evo, but I will be plenty happy with a working device b

PIYIRIO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The ONLY reason I rooted and flashed an AOSP ROM on my Inc is because 3rd party AOSP ROM have a FULL bluetooth stack. Its ridiculous having a partial/crippled bluetooth stack. Now I can connect to any car audio system with bluetooth. I also have the added ability to use a wii mote. I could live with a locked signed boot loader if someone else didn't have to fix a manufacturers problems.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone thought, maybe SPRINT wants the phone locked? That will keep people from using tether for free. HTC might not be able unlock the boot loader. As they have an agreement with Sprint.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone thought, maybe SPRINT wants the phone locked? That will keep people from using tether for free. HTC might not be able unlock the boot loader. As they have an agreement with Sprint.

Naah, I would say that's possible but the fact that all HTC new phones are looked like this I would say its all HTC.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Guess who posted on HTC's Facebook page?

"unrevoked
We'd be glad to partner with HTC to help develop safe ways to allow users to continue to do amazing things with their phones. If anyone at HTC is interested, please send us an e-mail: team *AT* unrevoked.com."

Maybe it means nothing, but it made me happy to see them post on there.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess who posted on HTC's Facebook page?

"unrevoked
We'd be glad to partner with HTC to help develop safe ways to allow users to continue to do amazing things with their phones. If anyone at HTC is interested, please send us an e-mail: team *AT* unrevoked.com."

Maybe it means nothing, but it made me happy to see them post on there.

I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it would be awesome if it did.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, who cares about loading custom roms on the 3d. How many roms will works with 3d, hdmi, 4g, etc.. none, at least at first. I you can root you can still wifi tether. Bloatware isn't a huge deal because there is a ton more internal memory than the evo. There is no way that anyone will develop a bug free rom at first... I love playing with roms on my Evo, but I will be plenty happy with a working device b

I would venture to guess tha most roms will work with hdmi, 4g, etc...maybe not 3D, but there's a large portion of people out there who don't at all care about the 3D capability, but simply want it for the beefed up specs over something like the original Evo.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope all phones are locked in the future. I pay for tethering and don't have any sympathy for thieves!

sent from my EVO 4G

I have no plans on using an unlocked phone for tethering, I just don't need it. I simply want the ability to use my phone as I please, whether that is installing custom ROMs or just removing Sprint crap that I won't use.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Sympathy for thieves?

I pay for unlimited data. How I use my unlimited data is nobody's business.

Agreed, and I hate the fact that they charged for something long after I began using it. I've been using it on my hero since a month after the hero launched so it's too late in my eyes. There was no problem before why try to stop it now. Also why are they only charging for android devices, I'm pretty sure other Os's can also tether. et.Windows phone,Palm