HTC responds to bootloader issue

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
From HTC's Facebook page:

Thanks so much for providing feedback, we hear your concerns. Your satisfaction is a top priority for us and we're working hard to ensure you have great experiences with our phones. We're reviewing the issue and our policy around bootloaders and will provide more information soon. Thank you for your interest, support and willingness to share your feedback.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/htc/update-on-bootloaders/10150305151453084

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Haha beat me to it, and I agree keep the pressure up. They will see how much of a mistake this was and hopefully change it before production models are made

bennyandthesets#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I added my two cents and I don't even really care about flashing ROMs or Kernals I just want the wireless tether and to be able to use stuff like addfree and itching thumbs. HTC is on a slippery slope that leads to phones as locked down as the iphony.
Edited for grammar.

Last edited:

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly surprised they're addressing it at all...even though they've been getting just absolutely killed on their Facebook page all day. That said, color me skeptical til something actually happens. I applaud them for responding and at least claimng that they're looking into it, but I'm still out if there's no action.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp, I'm skeptical that anything will come of this in the end. Still, I'm glad they're addressing it at all, and who knows? If there is enough pressure they might actually change they're policy. But again, I'm not holding my breath.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Bah, would be nice if it was an update rather than just tweeting what they said last night again.

I'm assuming it's too much to hope that we'll get an answer one way or another still this week. What do you guys think?

pigfqr

Banned
Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jackietreehorn, I think I want to star in Log Jammin' 2 Electric Dickerdoo! But back on topic I am thinking I am going to hold out for an unlocked next Gen phone. I mean the 3d will be cool, but if the phone is locked, I am out.

Reactions: Jackietreehorn

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr