Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
JohnnyDramaVictory-270x300.jpg

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You guys must realize this is meaningless because the CARRIER has the final say. If Verizon, Sprint etc etc want it locked it will be locked, This is HTC's way of throwing the onus on the Carriers

Don't celebrate just yet.......

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys must realize this is meaningless because the CARRIER has the final say. If Verizon, Sprint etc etc want it locked it will be locked, This is HTC's way of throwing the onus on the Carriers

It definetly is time to celebrate. If what you say happens then it happens and we will cope then. I doubt sprint would do it though as they didn't choose to block tethering Apps like vzw and at&the are doing.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
CK- True, but look at the Nexus. Unlocked there. Many others are "locked", but aren't encrypted. I have a hard time believing that the carriers would put up a huge fight after this, seeing how vocal a relatively small minority was, especially when they allow others to do so. Being selective would be...dumb. Come to think of it though, you're bringing me around to your way of thinking. It's so stupid, it's almost perfect for the carriers to try to impose.

gimme5- Yes, almost certainly too late to ship that way, but an OTA update should be pretty easy to clear up the issue.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Being selective would be...dumb. Come to think of it though, you're bringing me around to your way of thinking. It's so stupid, it's almost perfect for the carriers to try to impose.

Yes sir. HTC just did a brilliant thing. "Don't look at us contact your carrier."

The carriers are all about control. I don't put it past them, but thats just me :)

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Carriers can't stop a "leaked" solution though, if one were to pop up that is....

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Reactions: Jackietreehorn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781