I'm not sure if there have been threads speaking on this or not, but it seems to me that it might be a good possibility. I've never experienced a device that has been introduced officially from Sprint and HTC and then ignored from Sprint and HTC than the EVO3D. It seems to me that they might not have a solid release date because they are still working on getting a fix on hardware problems or battery problems.

We've seen the devices at work at events on youtube and even here on androidcentral, but they have all included evidence of hardware problems. Now, I realize that the devices were just "test" devices, but these test devices would have to be worked on to be able to make it a functional, working device. But what i'm afraid of is that they are having problems getting the device up to a saleable state.

This would explain the silence that is coming from Sprint and HTC. Now, with all the rumors and such of June 4-8th, why would they remain silent and not come out officially and say that the release date will not be June 4-8th? That is only in 3 weeks. Why would they hold an event for Motorola about the Photon4G? To distract us while they are hard at work trying to get the EVO3D stable.

Many of us are foaming out the mouth for the device and I'm right there with all of you. But I think the June 4th-8th date projection is wrong. I don't see the device being sold in stores until sometime in mid-July. And Sprint should just come out and say it now, because if not, people will begin to resent the EVO3D and move on. By the time July rolls through, people will either be moving on to the Photon release or Sprint's GS2.

So, if Sprint and HTC can just be honest and tell us why there is no substantial date for the EVO3D, we can see that there is going to be a solid end to our obsession. Most of us would appreciate that they are at work trying to get the phone in perfect working condition. We want a well working device more than we want a device to be available for sale. Nobody wants hardware updates after launch.
    BiGsMiLeSKyLe likes this.
    05-26-2011 09:04 PM
    I doubt there are any major hardware issues. It is possible they're still tweaking the firmware/software though. Sprint likes to tease. They just need to realize that if you tease too long, people stop paying attention.
    05-26-2011 09:45 PM
    Well, there were frequent crashes from the videos I have seen. The most common ones were when they tried to open the weather widget and when they tried to show the 3d on the camera. I am pretty sure they have the weather widget issue fixed since the HTC Sensation doesn't seem to have that problem. You know they must be done with Sense itself, again, because the Sensation is running the same version, so what else could it be?

I doubt there are hardware issues...I mean it can't be that hard to implement a button that switches a phone from 2d to 3d mode.... even Nintendo managed to do that...
    05-26-2011 09:55 PM
    Well the latest rumor of a release date is June 20th. Sorry no link, but stated "a little birdie told us June 20th..."
    05-27-2011 03:26 PM
    Well the latest rumor of a release date is June 20th. Sorry no link, but stated "a little birdie told us June 20th..."
    Yeah, that was Android Spin AndroidSPIN Sprint Introducing New Pricing for a Few Existing Android Handsets but there's no source, so that little birdie may be lying its beak off. The date is more doable than anything within two weeks, so... We'll see, and hope my Pre doesn't nuke itself before then.
    05-27-2011 04:30 PM
    I doubt there are any major hardware issues. It is possible they're still tweaking the firmware/software though. Sprint likes to tease. They just need to realize that if you tease too long, people stop paying attention.
    Thats exactly right.

Over the last few days the internet and tech sites have been a buzz with the Photon 4g. There has literally been no mention at all about the Evo 3D on any of the main tech and android sites.

Sprint needs to make an anouncment quick or the Evo 3D will be doomed from the start.

I am betting on June 4 we will hear about a release date from Sprint. Sometime end of June beginning of July.
    05-27-2011 04:40 PM
    Thats exactly right.

Over the last few days the internet and tech sites have been a buzz with the Photon 4g. There has literally been no mention at all about the Evo 3D on any of the main tech and android sites.

Sprint needs to make an anouncment quick or the Evo 3D will be doomed from the start.

I am betting on June 4 we will hear about a release date from Sprint. Sometime end of June beginning of July.
    I'm thinking probably before Father's day since that ad from Radio Shack was a Father's day ad
    05-27-2011 04:52 PM
    You don't really believe that do you? The 3D will be Sprint's biggest selling phone just like its predecessor was. This perceived delay won't mean a thing and I think everyone, including Sprint, knows that.
    05-27-2011 05:13 PM
    You don't really believe that do you? The 3D will be Sprint's biggest selling phone just like its predecessor was. This perceived delay won't mean a thing and I think everyone, including Sprint, knows that.
    I sure do believe it.

In another forum there has been talk that people at Sprint are not expecting the 3D to sell more then the original Evo.

Within the next 3 months or so Sprint will be releasing the Evo 3d, Photon 4g, and The Galaxy SII.

Both phones are megal phones and have the same if not better specs then the Evo 3d (if people dont want the 3D)

This year there is wayyyyy more competion then last year.

The Evo 3d will sell tons dont get me wrong. I have my pre-order in already. But with all the choices I dont think it will sell as good as the first Evo.
    05-27-2011 05:33 PM
    Sorry but the Evo 4G was announced 2-3 weeks before launch and we still havent heard a thing on the 3D aside from a Radio Shack ad which is hardly credible for an official launch. Sprint will be announcing it a good 2 weeks before, so until you hear from them, its not coming.
    05-27-2011 05:34 PM
    When I called business sales last week, I was told that the rumor around the office was June 18th. Again, not official, office rumor... etc.
    05-28-2011 01:23 PM
    As much as I want this phone by next week, I am kind of happy that the rumors are pointing towards the middle of June, simply because Sprint is looking into my premier status to see if I can get it reinstated again since I meet all the qualifications seeing that I am on the 169 dollar plan for 2 phones. It would be awesome to be able to go to Radio Shack, where I pre ordered, plunk down my old Evo and a bit over 50 bucks and walk away with an Evo 3d! Sprint called me back and told me they submitted some form, but they won't know the results of this form submission until June 14th, so that would work out well for me if it came out June 18, or June 20th or whatever other late June rumors there are.
    05-28-2011 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD