How early should I be at radio shack launch day?

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
New to android how early should I be at radio shack on launch day? I know for the iPhone 4 launch day even with my pre order I was at the apple store at midnight before launch and there was already a 100 person line for preorders and over 1000 for non preorders that was the serious count for it. So what do you think will be a good time for the evo3d launch and do you think 6am wil be early enough because that's when I get off or should I take Thursday night off to camp early? Thanks

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you live, but I got to my store for the Evo 4G at 6am and was first. The next person wasn't there until 7 and the line got to maybe 10 people. Hooray for tiny college towns! For me, anyone who would be interested in the Evo 3D won't be here over the summer, so I'll just walk in when they open :)

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Pre order and sleep in.

That's your best plan. Especially for people who go to stores that don't get a lot of traffic. If preorders are low or 0, they may not get extras to sell. Might as well guarantee yourself one with a preorder.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have It preorderd at radioshack but when I had the iPhone 4 preorderd I still had to sit in line for 8 hours.. That was my question even with a preorder will there be a line or probably not? If Anyone that got the evo 4g opening day could tell me that would be great :)

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you live, but I got to my store for the Evo 4G at 6am and was first. The next person wasn't there until 7 and the line got to maybe 10 people. Hooray for tiny college towns! For me, anyone who would be interested in the Evo 3D won't be here over the summer, so I'll just walk in when they open :)

Ahh ok thanks man that's what I needed sounds good I'll just go at 6am when I get off just incase

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just ask the night before how long the pre order list is. Also depends how big and busy your particular store is. Mine isn't busy at all but I will definitely go there the day before and ask how busy they expect to be.

mauddib

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
On another forum, someone mentioned setting an appointment for that day. So if you have a preorder then make an appointment online and show up a 10 minutes or so early. Should keep you from having to wait in line or get up early.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
There are three things that will make the EVO 3D launch less of a " wait in line " experience than the OG EVO and the PRE ... 1) Sprint isn't promoting the EVO 3D like the previous two launches ... 2) The EVO and PRE were the newest, and powerful smart phones in the market at launch and 3) most importantly HALF of all launch day PRE owners were jumping ship including me on launch day of the EVO ... Most of the OG EVO owners are still loving their phone including me ... The only reason I am upgrading is because it will only cost me $50 after rebates and sprint buy back program ... Launch day of the OG EVO had a total of about 150 people by opening ( I was about 20 ) ... and launch day of the PRE was about 200 ( I was about 40) ... I arrived both launches at 6am at the LA Sprint store on LeBrea across from the Beverly Center ( a major store ) ... Both launches had huge pre launch parties, promos, and major press ... I just don't see that with the EVO and it could be because of the Tsunami ... They just don't have the devices for a huge launch.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
There are three things that will make the EVO 3D launch less of a " wait in line " experience than the OG EVO and the PRE ... 1) Sprint isn't promoting the EVO 3D like the previous two launches ... 2) The EVO and PRE were the newest, and powerful smart phones in the market at launch and 3) most importantly HALF of all launch day PRE owners were jumping ship including me on launch day of the EVO ... Most of the OG EVO owners are still loving their phone including me ... The only reason I am upgrading is because it will only cost me $50 after rebates and sprint buy back program ... Launch day of the OG EVO had a total of about 150 people by opening ( I was about 20 ) ... and launch day of the PRE was about 200 ( I was about 40) ... I arrived both launches at 6am at the LA Sprint store on LeBrea across from the Beverly Center ( a major store ) ... Both launches had huge pre launch parties, promos, and major press ... I just don't see that with the EVO and it could be because of the Tsunami ... They just don't have the devices for a huge launch.

1)I'm sure sprint will grab a bigger audience (than what they have now) with the Evo 3D. They are probably just going to go all out once the price and release date are announced.
2) The Evo 3D is one of the most powerful phones on the market and is most powerful on sprint plus it has 3D which gives it the newest and most unique technology out there.
3)The other half of pre owners are going to jump ship to the evo 3d...i've been seeing a lot more of them pop up recently. Also a lot of people have 1 year upgrades from being a gold premier member and may want something new.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
1)I'm sure sprint will grab a bigger audience (than what they have now) with the Evo 3D. They are probably just going to go all out once the price and release date are announced.
2) The Evo 3D is one of the most powerful phones on the market and is most powerful on sprint plus it has 3D which gives it the newest and most unique technology out there.
3)The other half of pre owners are going to jump ship to the evo 3d...i've been seeing a lot more of them pop up recently. Also a lot of people have 1 year upgrades from being a gold premier member and may want something new.

Agreed on all 3 points.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Do you honestly believe that the EVO 3D will have a bigger sales than the OG EVO, which people are still buying heavily almost one year later to date? I sure don't believe so.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Do you honestly believe that the EVO 3D will have a bigger sales than the OG EVO, which people are still buying heavily almost one year later to date? I sure don't believe so.

Uhmmm....I never said it would, I didn't even mention the evo 4g. But anything is possible, so to answer your question sure.

Sent from my Hero200 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RedWings

May 9, 2010
Visit site
No way the demand will be has high for the EVO 3D as the EVO 4G. There was tons of hype leading up to the EVO 4G for obvious reasons. This is nothing more than a refresh.

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
if you preoreded one then it doesn't matter the time. It's guaranteed you will have one held. That's what they did last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae