Should I buy 3d on opening day or wait to see if there are bugs?

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps all the people who bought the Evo when it first came out last year could help me out. So I want to get the 3d the day it comes out but since it is a brand new phone I'm worried about bugs within the first batch. Ideally I would wait but I'm so damn excited about this phone and I'm coming from a Palm Pre. Enough said, haha. Also, I guess I'm a little shy about getting a first batch bc look at how the Pre turned out. So, am I being too risky by getting a first batch 3d or am I being crazy bc of the Pre?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Software bugs really aren't a problem, those will be fixed with over the air updates, it's the hardware ones you have to look out for.

With the Evo 4g, some people had the lifting screen issue where the glass started to lift up from the rest of the phone which could easily be felt, in more severe cases it could be seen. My phone was one of those, so since I was well within my 30 day period, I went to Best Buy, showed it to them, and a new one was on its way and arrived withing about 4 days. Some people have dust under the screen, that also happens rather early and will also be replaced without any questions. My friends phone had two tiny dead pixels. They didn't show up red as they usually do, they were black, again, this phone was replaced right away as well.

Neither he nor I have had any issues whatsoever with the replacement phones (new) we received.

Is it a risk buying a brand new phone on day one? Sure, to some extend, but within 30 days they have you covered and it will get replaced with a new phone, after that you have at least one year warranty (depending if you buy more warranty for yourself) and you'll get a replacement refurb in the case of warranty effects. If you break it, well, you know the deal, better have insurance through Sprint or Best Buy.

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps all the people who bought the Evo when it first came out last year could help me out. So I want to get the 3d the day it comes out but since it is a brand new phone I'm worried about bugs within the first batch. Ideally I would wait but I'm so damn excited about this phone and I'm coming from a Palm Pre. Enough said, haha. Also, I guess I'm a little shy about getting a first batch bc look at how the Pre turned out. So, am I being too risky by getting a first batch 3d or am I being crazy bc of the Pre?

You should wait, I know I'm NOT.

;-)

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I would buy on launch just to make sure you get one because the old evo was tough to find for a couple months after launch ;)

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If you wait you run a good chance of missing out on getting the phone. Some stores only order depending on preorders, so maybe if there are only 5 preorders they get 7 phones(this may not apply with sprint). Also as others have mentioned if you buy it you do have the warranty, so any problems take the phone back and problem solved you will receive a new one...worse case scenario is that your store runs out of stock and must order a new one for you which probably doesn't take that long to get and you should have to wait a day or two.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
It's really a choice of, do you wish to have the latest technology and suffer some bugs, or play it safe... as for me, I've already preordered my Evo3D to replace my release day Evo 4G.

Sent from Bumblebee, my Asus Transformer using TapaTalk.

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's really a choice of, do you wish to have the latest technology and suffer some bugs, or play it safe... as for me, I've already preordered my Evo3D to replace my release day Evo 4G.

Sent from Bumblebee, my Asus Transformer using TapaTalk.

Did you have any bugs (hardware/software)?

More of a general question for all. Were the hardware/software bugs in the first batch of the evo minor or were they pretty flawed like the Pre ended up being? Anyone know?

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
Any bugs will be fixed soon enough...

With a flagship device, Sprint has always been very good about bugs. Thats why the Evo is still one of their best selling phones.

lonwolf00

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i got my evo 4g first day and it still runs great. if there are problems when evo 3d comes out i will be fixed i preordered will be getting first day

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Get it on launch day , if you don't like it return it. If you don't buy on launch day it could be weeks or months until you get a chance to buy one.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I already preordered also cause I know how hot the EVO was on launch day and I was there at 8am for 2 phones. And you couldn't get them for a couple months after. But this year instead of waiting in line early am I preordered two. I have to get it on launch day cause I sold Sprint back my EVO already and going nuts without it.

caramelcarebr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky. One day I was feeling pretty fed up with my Pre and decided to wander into the Sprint store. Imagine my luck when that day happened to be EVO's launch day. It was around 1pm, no lines, no craziness. Walked right in and bought one. I have the same one to this day and have had no issues, neither hardware or software. I "pre-orded" the 3D at my local Sprint store and will be picking it up on launch day! Like everyone else said, it's better to buy on launch and take the risk. You have 30 days to return it if you aren't happy, and if you get a dud, you're going to get a brand NEW phone as a replacement, not a refurb.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
im considering returning my evo i just bought for the 3d but after the disaster of the nexus s 4g at launch i may just wait on the 3d and see what bugs are there. i assume it will be plagued with the same battery draining issues the evo had. also i want to wait and see if the 3d ships locked or htc unlocked the bootloader. i wish the galaxy s 2 was coming soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol