exchange for a 3d?

May 28, 2011
Visit site
i bought a nexus s from best buy, i returned it yesterday and exchanged for an evo. my question is when the 3d hits if im still within my 30 days can i exchange for the 3d? or is there a limit to how many times you can do this?

also im wondering if htc has announced if the 3d will in fact come unlocked or not?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd still go back to the store and pre order the 3d. Not sure how much longer your 30 days are good for, but you will be cutting it close if it really does come out on June 24th.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.

famedflea

May 25, 2011
Visit site
From what I know, you are only eligible for one return.

for instance I have the Palm Pre, but upgraded to the EVO 4G.
Then I got wind of the EVO 3D and returned the EVO 4G. Went back to the Palm Pre.
now when I get the EVO 3D I will not be able to return that phone, as you only get ONE return per upgrade eligibility.

thats what it was a few years back anyways. even at BB me thinks.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Last November I bought an Optimus T (switched from Sprint) from Best Buy. It was "defective" (I bricked it testing something LOL). I then exchanged it for the G2. I didn't really like it, and the myTouch 4G went on sale, so I exchanged the G2 for the myTouch 4G. So that was two exchanges in my 30 days.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Last November I bought an Optimus T (switched from Sprint) from Best Buy. It was "defective" (I bricked it testing something LOL). I then exchanged it for the G2. I didn't really like it, and the myTouch 4G went on sale, so I exchanged the G2 for the myTouch 4G. So that was two exchanges in my 30 days.

yeah only sprint has that one return policy. i don't think best buy does. i could just say it's defective i guess. besides i have until july 4th for the 30 day return.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
your return invoice is from your original phone. It doesn't start from your exchange date. So the day you get your first phone you buy at best buy you got thirty days to do whatever you want.

mgm0918

May 29, 2011
Visit site
After talking with some of the reps at sprint, I was under the impression that if I returned an upgraded phone and either exchanged to a new device or went to a previous device (like I tried with my palm pre), I would only have 30 days from the time of my upgrade to upgrade to a different device.

So my problem was that since I had upgraded to the OG EVO on May 18th (my pre gave out and I didn't have a choice, just hoped it was released within the 30 days) I would only have 30 days from that point to exchange to a different device. And even if I were to return the EVO and not upgrade, if I didn't upgrade with the original 30 days I would lose my upgrade.

After seeing a few posts on here claiming people returned whatever phone they had upgraded in preparation for the 3D, it confused me. I would be ecstatic if I could, but from what I hear it's not possible.

What have you guys heard? Any suggestions?

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why did you return it? If its because of the few issues it has on it, you might as well plan on keeping the Evo. The Evo 3D will have issues as well, probably worse than the Nexus to be honest.
Yeah, because HTC is know for shipping crappy phones that don't work.

Srsly?

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Evidence. Links. SOMETHING to back up a single thing you say. Pretty please? There are very few hands on reviews, and all of them were early builds with a Sprint or HTC rep staring them down, so it's hardly representative of a final build. So please enlighten us as to the basis for your seemingly unfounded opinion of an unreleased device you've never touched.

Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).

Reactions: Djblue

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Evidence. Links. SOMETHING to back up a single thing you say. Pretty please? There are very few hands on reviews, and all of them were early builds with a Sprint or HTC rep staring them down, so it's hardly representative of a final build. So please enlighten us as to the basis for your seemingly unfounded opinion of an unreleased device you've never touched.

Any phone release has issues. My Evo got an update release day. I got it home and updated and it was an amazing phone. I understand that most of your manhood is invested in your Nexus S, but please don't spout crap like this that has no factual evidence (or even precedence).

Like any troll, the best thing is just to ignore them.

Reactions: Djblue

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I just started laughing out loud at work after reading that, thank you lol

Reactions: yourfriendmat

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, because HTC is know for shipping crappy phones that don't work.

Srsly?

Do I really need to post links to remind you of the disaster the Evo 4G was at launch? Screens falling off, light leakage from glass separation, grounding issues where you couldnt use the phone at all if it was laying down, SD cards not reading or writing, frame rate was capped at 20fps making the phone lag badly, wifi issues...shall I continue? Lets not get into the mess the Thunderbolt is right now. HTC ships PLENTY of crappy phones that dont work buddy. If you are expecting the 3D to be problem free, you are in for a big surprise.

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Do I really need to post links to remind you of the disaster the Evo 4G was at launch? Screens falling off, light leakage from glass separation, grounding issues where you couldnt use the phone at all if it was laying down, SD cards not reading or writing, frame rate was capped at 20fps making the phone lag badly, wifi issues...shall I continue? Lets not get into the mess the Thunderbolt is right now. HTC ships PLENTY of crappy phones that dont work buddy. If you are expecting the 3D to be problem free, you are in for a big surprise.

I expect problems.

But I also expect you to bash the 3D in every thread I read. LOL

Reactions: yourfriendmat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC