Free App Memory.

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the Device Simulator Page @ Radioshack it looks like the Evo 3D will only have 1.01GB of space for apps (like the Sensation.)

Look Here:

Device Simulator Care

Go to: Setup & Go --> Perform a Master Reset and Click Next to Step 4 and see the space available for 'Internal Storage'

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah seems like all htc devices seem to follow this unfortunate trend. I just hope that app developers perfect the art of only using 1 or 2 mb for the app part that's on the phone with the vast majority landing up on the same card. One of our members had the chance to check for this and his pre production device showed 0.96gb. Not sure why htc does this. What is the remaining 3 gb good for?

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been seeing 4GB of internal storage forever whenever they mention tech specs of the 3D. I wonder if it's just a typo on Radioshacks part.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Guess there is a difference between internal storage and app memory. I remember just seeing a Droid incredible the other day which came with 8gb of internal storage but also had less than 1gb available for app storage.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Guess there is a difference between internal storage and app memory. I remember just seeing a Droid incredible the other day which came with 8gb of internal storage but also had less than 1gb available for app storage.

Hmmm interesting. I'm not sure then. I know for example the OG EVO came with 1gb of internal storage but about 600-700 of that was for the ROM and the remaining 300 some was for apps.

Edit: Actually found an article on this from our own AC. http://www.androidcentral.com/about-rom-storage-droid-incredible

Seems like you CAN install apps on all 8gb's on the droid inc.

Edit 2: Actually read this link wrong, my fault = - /.

Last edited:

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
But these are screen shots.

So is this =D

Google Image Result for http://www.linkeduplife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HTC-EVO-3D-Sprint.jpg

Says 4gb internal storage on their. This is assuming it means app storage of course. Unlike the Droid Inc which used 1gb ROM + moviNAND. all of the EVO 3D's 4gb's is on an eMMC card.

Also isn't Radioshack's demo animated? Meaning someone could have easily made a mistake. Aren't they NOT direct pictures?

Guess we'll wait and see though.

Edit: NM

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that the HBoot screen, if you go through "How to perform master rest via hardware - step 4", says S-OFF...lmao!!! Locked bootloader uh, looks like HTC has some splanin' to dooooo.

Jorenm

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know how people can even use 1gb. My OG droid has 256 and has never run out. Most apps store any large files on the sdcard and the ones that don't can be apps2sd'd

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know how people can even use 1gb. My OG droid has 256 and has never run out. Most apps store any large files on the sdcard and the ones that don't can be apps2sd'd

That's exactly what i was thinking. Seems perfect to me, I'd rather use the 3GB's for movies/pictures/ect

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So based on the unboxing video by Phil the Internal Storage is only 1.08GB, and also shows the SD Card Free Space (7.40MB), but what happened to the remaining 3GB of space (it is not showing up under the SD & phone storage settings.)

It leads me to the conclusion that this phone only had 1GB of memory like the sensation and the 4GB was in incorrect spec. like being able to shoot video in 1080p.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So based on the unboxing video by Phil the Internal Storage is only 1.08GB, and also shows the SD Card Free Space (7.40MB), but what happened to the remaining 3GB of space (it is not showing up under the SD & phone storage settings.)

It leads me to the conclusion that this phone only had 1GB of memory like the sensation and the 4GB was in incorrect spec. like being able to shoot video in 1080p.

No it's just being used somewhere else

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
But where, traditionally you have the following: Internal Phone Storage (Apps/Settings Only), Internal SD Card (Partitioned Space for storing Data like Pictures and Videos) and External SD Card (Micro SD Card) all of this is usually listed under 'SD & phone storage' under settings. The screen shots and videos clearly show the Internal Phone Memory and the External SD Card but nothing else.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well really the 3GB could be used by sense and Gingerbread. I read somewhere (I have no clue where) that the only reason the older phones can't be upgraded to the new android software is because there's not enough internal storage for the OS and skins. With that said, I don't believe that sense and GB would take up 3GB. I'm sure you'll have whatever is left open for multimedia (photos, videos, etc.) when you have your SD card removed.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well really the 3GB could be used by sense and Gingerbread. I read somewhere (I have no clue where) that the only reason the older phones can't be upgraded to the new android software is because there's not enough internal storage for the OS and skins. With that said, I don't believe that sense and GB would take up 3GB. I'm sure you'll have whatever is left open for multimedia (photos, videos, etc.) when you have your SD card removed.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

The only problem with that is, the Sensation is marketed as only having 1gb of internal storage. So how can Sense take up 3gb of storage. Or did it have 4gb, and they only say 1gb because of the loss of 3gb for the Sense UI. It just doesn't make any sense, no pun intended.