First full review,By Wirefly

toekramp

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Cliffs on the review? I can't watch it until tonight :eek:

extremely impressed with the phone, camera was better than expected both in 2D/3D, benchmarks were very respectable but not as great as he had expected, should see about a 15% improvement on the battery vs the EVO 4G, spiderman game came off as gimmicky

Reactions: Shenaniguns

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
this review definatley alleviated one of my worries. he says his wife who is a professional photographer says the evo3d camera is the best camera on any cellphone she has seen. PRetty powerful message.

His comment about benchmarks does dissapoint somewhat tho.

Reactions: highwayman1224

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
One thing to remember about the benchmarks. The Evo 3D has a higher resolution than the Evo. Because of the extra pixels, its not going to accurately show its stuff.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
out of everything I am least worried about benchmarks. I know the devs will get this phone rocking in no time. the screen is my main concern and it does look pretty nice in this video. won't know for sure though until i get to try it out in person.

oh and I neeeeeeed an all-black battery cover.

Reactions: toekramp

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It was a nice review. I was a little concerned about the benchmarks at first but I didn't let that worry me too much. Counting the days until launch :)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well we all knew about the benchmarks. I have been harping about the rather not so great performance the Sensation delivered for a while, so that shouldn't come as a surprise at all.

Ok, finally got to watch it. Nice little overview, but I wouldn't call this a review. He pretty much did nothing that I wanted him to do, like put up that fancy weather live wallpaper and see if the E3d lags at all or not. He didn't show any of the gameplay for Spiderman, he could have let us watch the benchmarks run (for people like me that know about how each test would look like on a fast phone), he could have showed way more stuff for Sense 3.... but...hopefully there will be more reviews coming soon!

The benchmarks were definitely higher than what the Sensation got.

Last edited:

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
dang, i wanted to see a profile comparison between the evo and 3d. anyone know if wirefly will ship out on release day or are they getting it later than others?

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
video and sound quality

Really glad to see HTC continually improving on video and sound recording quality on phones. Wish the Flyer/View had similar improvements in their camera (would get both on launch then). Guess it's the EVO 3d and Galaxy tab for me.

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well we all knew about the benchmarks. I have been harping about the rather not so great performance the Sensation delivered for a while, so that shouldn't come as a surprise at all.

Ok, finally got to watch it. Nice little overview, but I wouldn't call this a review. He pretty much did nothing that I wanted him to do, like put up that fancy weather live wallpaper and see if the E3d lags at all or not. He didn't show any of the gameplay for Spiderman, he could have let us watch the benchmarks run (for people like me that know about how each test would look like on a fast phone), he could have showed way more stuff for Sense 3.... but...hopefully there will be more reviews coming soon!

The benchmarks were definitely higher than what the Sensation got.

I thought it was a good review. Everything you've listed has been done, and been on youtube for weeks. However the camera stuff hasn't.

(p.s. lag on weather live wallpaper? are you kidding? this phones a beast, plus the sensation doesn't lag w/ it)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a good review. Everything you've listed has been done, and been on youtube for weeks. However the camera stuff hasn't.

(p.s. lag on weather live wallpaper? are you kidding? this phones a beast, plus the sensation doesn't lag w/ it)

I guess, but people that watch a review don't want to stumble all around youtube to collect bits and pieces. Showing how the new email app looks and what the browser looks like etc. would have been nice.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Adequate review. Videos are all over the web. This video confirmed the only thing I needed to know. It's blazingly fast, has no slowdown and has decent bencmarks. Sold.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Why are the benchmarks so low? The S2 gets nearly double that.

Really? You're going to start this again? Didn't we beat this to dead in the other thread?

Would you like to bring up your guess that it's not coming out on the 24th of June?

But, to answer your question, it's because:

1. Benchmarks are not the most reliable thing in the world so you can't go just by them. The PC world is a good example, ATI video cards used to dominate Futuremarks Game benchmark called 3dMark, but in the real world, Nvidia cards played actual games much better.

2. The Exynos just is a bit faster than the Snappy 2

3. Not all benchmarks properly recognize and take advantage of a processors capabilities

4. The Evo 3d has a qhd screen, so it has to push more pixels than the SGS2, kinda like running a game on a PC in 1024 x 768 instead of 1920 x 1200

Last edited: