UPDATE: Wirefly WAS Selling Evo 3D for $179... NOW $149 (WTF)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just read this article and put the links down for masses ... Wirefly selling the Evo 3D for $179 with free shipping.

UPDATE: WIREFLY NOW selling Evo 3D for $149 : HTC EVO 3D for Sprint - Wirefly Friends and Family Store

Wirefly.JPG

Last edited:

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
But if you get it from the Shack or BB, doesn't Sprint hit you with some sort of activation fee? I was thinking it was like $36 or something?

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Only place I know that does free activation is Sprint.com. They even whack you with that BS charge if you go to a Sprint store, IIRC.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not being charged with an activation fee. I'm not sure if that is because I'm a Premiere customer or not.

flipdippy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow...this makes things interesting. I had been looking at waiting until the fall for a new device, but I can easily sell my EVO on ebay/CL for $200, making this free.

Hard to say what the price of a used EVO will be after 3D, and with annual upgrades, this is damn tempting.

I wish we knew how easy it will be to root this thing.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't expect to get it on launch date if you pre order form Amazon or Wirefly

Wirefly stated from an online chat that they will get them and start shipping on the 26th....so the earliest you could get the phone is the 27th if you pay for 1 day shipping.

Amazon states that the estimated delivery time is July 1st with the free 2 day shipping

So don't be upset if you are expecting to get it on the 24th and order from Amazon or wirefly. If you must have it on launch go pre order at a local store like most people have already done.

EDIT- Also if anyone is interested here is the friends/family link for the Evo 3d preorder from wirefly. It only charges you 149.99, but only with this link http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=26987_72ae084e99144074aebcff97cc1d4d69

Reactions: everyday17

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks for that link, the $180 price wasn't enough to push me over to Wirefly as opposed to doing the Sprint Premier order (~$30 after tax difference in NY), but that $150 price did it! Ground shipping from Wirefly only takes a day, so I should have it a week later at worst and save ~$65-70 after tax. Sprint charges tax for me based on full retail price, Wirefly based on subsidized price.

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
im just concerned that it'll be backordered at this price and i won't have a new phone for who knows how long, but for 2 phones, this would save me $100