MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for Evo 3D

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I would be cautious with most of these suppliers that say they have it in stock...also a quick google search on expansys and their reviews speak for themselves. I have been burned before, so kind of learnt to trust the main guys like Amazon, newegg, buy etc...

[From expansys - expansys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings]

I ordered a part on 1/20/09. Each time I emailed an inquiry they said they were expecting the item "by the end of the week".

A month later and it still is not in stock. Needless to say, I canceled my order. Fortunately, they were prompt in sending an email confirming cancelation. Now I just need to make sure my card doesn't get charged.
[From expansys - expansys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings]

[From Reviews on Expansys Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk]

by Sven - written on 16/01/09

Rating: 1 star.
Expansys have double charged me for an item ordered a month ago and still have not delivered it even though they reported it as shipped a fortnight ago
[From Reviews on Expansys Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk]

[From expansys.com - Read Reviews]

Quick review of expansys.com
Review of expansys.com by Graemehull
Don't buy from these people! I bought an HTC s710 top of the range mobile phone which arrived with a cracked screen. I contacted them on the day it arrived, and they said was HTCs responsibility, despite the fact that their website clearly states that they offer replacements and refunds within 21 days. I contacted HTC who said it was Expansys's responsibility. So I've paid ?270 for broken phone from this bunch of cowboys, who's customer service was appalling DONT EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
[From expansys.com - Read Reviews]

[From eXpansys Reviewed By Australians. http://www.expansys.com.au]

March 5th, 2009
Pros: Offer what u cant get here easily.

Cons: I couldnt agree more with the bad reviews they should have the decency to update their site and tell u the Melbourne office DOESNT EXIST anymore. When they say its in stock DONT BELIEVE IT!! Still waitingn to see if i get what i paid for.

Overall: What can i say, extremely disappointed. Wish i had serached out these reviews first. So far the jurys still out, but Im not happy so far. Horrendous that they seem to have not updated there site since there only Australian office closed not informing anybody here. Pretty shabby behaviour as far as Im concerned. SUX BIGTIME!!! That includes if, when & in what condition I receive my order. Avoid them.

Reviewer: SkyPilot
[From eXpansys Reviewed By Australians. http://www.expansys.com.au]

Last edited:

johnasp

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've looked all over for a HTC MHL - HDMI TV-Out Cable and can't find one. In the link above there is a UK site that has it but I can't purchase thru paypal (they don't ship to the US).
If anyone finds one for sale please post a link.
Thanks

am79

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just chatted with someone at monoprice and he said they're planning on releasing an mhl cable but he had no ETA. Might be worth the wait.

johnasp

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
ordered this cable

I ordered this cable at this site:

HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 (Micro USB 5 pin to HDMI) #73H00394-00M - Expansys USA

After purchasing process the delivery states 41 days! :(

Oh well....well post how it works when I get it.

Item / Stock Qty Price Total
------ ---------------------------------------- --- ------- --------
HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 1 38.95 38.95
Est. 41 Days
Tax (7.75%) 3.02
Shipping Info 3.95
--------
Total 45.92
--------

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine from Sprint when I picked up my phone (they have them, but they're ship only). 30 bucks, should be here Monday :)

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine from Sprint when I picked up my phone (they have them, but they're ship only). 30 bucks, should be here Monday :)

Be aware that the HDMI cable that sprint lists for the EVO 3D in the order system is the type D to type A cable for the EVO 4G. It DOES NOT work with the EVO 3D no matter what the system says.

The MHL adaptor does not show in the Sprint accessories listing for the 3D. I hope they did not order you the wrong cable.

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Be aware that the HDMI cable that sprint lists for the EVO 3D in the order system is the type D to type A cable for the EVO 4G. It DOES NOT work with the EVO 3D no matter what the system says.

The MHL adaptor does not show in the Sprint accessories listing for the 3D. I hope they did not order you the wrong cable.

Idk, if its the wrong one I'll just return it. I'll let you guys know!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this cable at this site:

HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 (Micro USB 5 pin to HDMI) #73H00394-00M - Expansys USA

After purchasing process the delivery states 41 days! :(

Oh well....well post how it works when I get it.

Item / Stock Qty Price Total
HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 1 38.95 38.95
Est. 41 Days
Tax (7.75%) 3.02
Shipping Info 3.95
--------
Total 45.92
--------

That is because they aren't expecting it until August 6th...

"Due Saturday 6th August"

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where to get an MHL cable for Evo 3D

It's pretty lame that this cable/adapter isn't available on release day...

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where to get an MHL cable for Evo 3D

Easy to understand the confusion considering there's a big "MHL" label right on the cable. :(

torosax

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where to get an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for Evo 3D

I'd agree.. I bought an hdmi cable for the "EVO 3D" on ebay which I received the day after I got my 3d and of course it didn't fit.. it did fit my OG EVO 4G though... I just wanna play with the cool technology already! haha :D

torosax

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

bvman3Devo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Idk, if its the wrong one I'll just return it. I'll let you guys know!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

It is for sure the wrong one. I preordered my phone and got it last Weds. Cable def does not work. Called Sprint about it on Thurs. and asked what cable will work. On hold for 15mins to get a answer, and they come back and tell me the the phone is not HDMI compatible. I was like "BS!!!" it states on HTC's website that it is. Way to go Sprint and HTC for not have the product available to hook up to TV's. FYI, from that youtube video, if you get a V1.0 MHL cable you can use it to watch HD 2D, but not 3D content on a 3D TV. This really sucks, wonder how long I have to wait till a cable comes out for a 3D TV.

BTW, you can take that Sprint HDMI cable back to a Sprint store, but it has to be a corporate Sprint sore, and the will refund and return it for you.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

Someone on XDA has the T-Mobile adapter and says that it works. Picture of the invoice with the item # included is attached to his post.

bvman3Devo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

The cable will work for sure for HD 2D, but it will not work on 3D TV's to watch 3D vids and look at 3D pics, that is my issue. I bought the phone because it stated it would work on a 3D TV, but somehow it doesn't work. Thanks of the link though because they said you can stream 3D through a PS3, so I'll give that a shot. If anyone has a 3D TV and has been able to get the Evo 3D to work with their 3D TV and play vids plus view pics in 3D please let me know.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

This adapter is really something that should have come with the phone. I've wasted too much of my life looking for something that apparently doesn't exist yet. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084