12-19-2011 08:34 AM
125 123 ...
tools
    I have been looking online for a place to buy an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for my soon-to-be-owned Evo 3D. I have not been able to find one. Has anyone found one? Perhaps I am not searching for the correct type of cable? I have been searching for 'MHL cable' and variants. Thanks.
    czarphanguye#AC likes this.
    06-07-2011 03:24 PM
    I have been looking online for a place to buy an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for my soon-to-be-owned Evo 3D. I have not been able to find one. Has anyone found one? Perhaps I am not searching for the correct type of cable? I have been searching for 'MHL cable' and variants. Thanks.
    Here is a link to one ... It says HTC Sensation but MHL is a standard : HTC Sensation MHL - HDMI out Cable - AC M490
    06-07-2011 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the link. I live in the US. Link seems to be for UK. The graphic shows a 'box' sort of thing connected to too. Is that a splitter?
    06-07-2011 03:40 PM
    I believe its a MHL adapter since your tv would not likely have a MHL port ... So The MHL plugs into your phone and then you plug your HDMI into the adapter and tv.

This link will show it better : http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/bizlink-m...ack-p29839.htm
    Gents likes this.
    06-07-2011 03:50 PM
    Or try this one:
    ACCELL Cables - Audio, Video, Speaker, Computer Cables and Interconnects
    As the MHL port is both for charging and HDMI this adapter appears to let you plug in both your charger to keep the phone charged up and use the HDMI out. It does require a separate HDMI cable though.

[EDIT] Sorry, I guess no one actually sells that adapter, yet.

Dave
    06-07-2011 03:59 PM
    Based on what I have seen about the MHL. If you have a TV that is MHL compliant (they aren't any released yet, IIRC), the cable can be a usb mini / MHL on one end, and HDMI on the other and you can charge, while streaming and get some control (likely only play/pause).

If you just connect to a standard HDMI port, it will only play and not charge, and you can get a cable that has HDMI and another USB port for charging.

In one of the CTIA videos of the EVO 3D on YouTube, the person demonstrating the phone said that it would charger over HDMI, but I'm not sure based on the guy from the MHL consortium.
    preViously likes this.
    06-07-2011 04:11 PM
    I seen a mini HDMI to HDMI cable yesterday. Those should be good for watching video n pics on HDTV s n even playback 3D pics n video on 3d compatible hdtvs. Not sure on MHL tho.. either way, I can't wait!! :-D

-Drew$ki
    06-07-2011 08:48 PM
    I seen a mini HDMI to HDMI cable yesterday. Those should be good for watching video n pics on HDTV s n even playback 3D pics n video on 3d compatible hdtvs. Not sure on MHL tho.. either way, I can't wait!! :-D

-Drew$ki
    Don't buy that one.

The micro HDMI to HDMI cable is what is used on the current HTC EVO 4G and the Motorola DROID X. The cable that will be needed for the EVO 3D is specifically the MHL cable.
    06-07-2011 09:01 PM
    What about this?

nevermind, that won't work...
    06-07-2011 09:09 PM
    any update on this? I still haven't been able to find one and now we know that the phone doesn't come with one in the box. I'm kinda wishing that they kept the regular HDMI port at this point.
    06-17-2011 12:07 PM
    There are some links in this thread. Here is another...
    EXPANSYS MHL microUSB to HDMI Adapter (Black) #J135B-001B - Expansys USA
    techh10 likes this.
    06-17-2011 12:15 PM
    thank you very much, just preorderd...cant wait for some home brewed 3d content on my tv
    06-17-2011 01:19 PM
    So, this is a pre-order. Any idea when it would ship?
    06-17-2011 01:25 PM
    So, this is a pre-order. Any idea when it would ship?
    no idea...but it should be soon
    06-17-2011 01:28 PM
    IDK, but a lot of sites are saying on the 24th for EVO 3D products. However this works with the GS2.
    06-17-2011 01:36 PM
    yeah, there are numerous places outside the US or on pre-order/backorder, or ebay, etc, I was just hoping a real store might have one in stock so we don't have to wait for days after the phone is released to use the HDMI out.
    06-17-2011 01:46 PM
    I wonder if a Samsung Infuse cable would work?
    06-20-2011 11:35 AM
    I wonder if a Samsung Infuse cable would work?
    it would. MHL is prettly much a standard, any certified adapter will work with any certified device.
    06-20-2011 12:28 PM
    This cable is now in stock!

lafester likes this.
    06-20-2011 07:53 PM
    Has anyone ever ordered form Expansys before. Are the trustworthy?
    06-20-2011 08:59 PM
    yeah you can trust them. they are huge in europe for selling unlocked phones.

i just got my order in
    06-20-2011 09:25 PM
    Guys, I would be cautious with most of these suppliers that say they have it in stock...also a quick google search on expansys and their reviews speak for themselves. I have been burned before, so kind of learnt to trust the main guys like Amazon, newegg, buy etc...

[From expansys - expansys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings]

I ordered a part on 1/20/09. Each time I emailed an inquiry they said they were expecting the item "by the end of the week".

A month later and it still is not in stock. Needless to say, I canceled my order. Fortunately, they were prompt in sending an email confirming cancelation. Now I just need to make sure my card doesn't get charged.
    [From expansys - expansys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings]

[From Reviews on Expansys Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk]

by Sven - written on 16/01/09

Rating: 1 star.
    Expansys have double charged me for an item ordered a month ago and still have not delivered it even though they reported it as shipped a fortnight ago
    [From Reviews on Expansys Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk]

[From expansys.com - Read Reviews]

Quick review of expansys.com
    Review of expansys.com by Graemehull
    Don't buy from these people! I bought an HTC s710 top of the range mobile phone which arrived with a cracked screen. I contacted them on the day it arrived, and they said was HTCs responsibility, despite the fact that their website clearly states that they offer replacements and refunds within 21 days. I contacted HTC who said it was Expansys's responsibility. So I've paid 270 for broken phone from this bunch of cowboys, who's customer service was appalling DONT EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
    [From expansys.com - Read Reviews]

[From eXpansys Reviewed By Australians. http://www.expansys.com.au]

March 5th, 2009
    Pros: Offer what u cant get here easily.

Cons: I couldnt agree more with the bad reviews they should have the decency to update their site and tell u the Melbourne office DOESNT EXIST anymore. When they say its in stock DONT BELIEVE IT!! Still waitingn to see if i get what i paid for.

Overall: What can i say, extremely disappointed. Wish i had serached out these reviews first. So far the jurys still out, but Im not happy so far. Horrendous that they seem to have not updated there site since there only Australian office closed not informing anybody here. Pretty shabby behaviour as far as Im concerned. SUX BIGTIME!!! That includes if, when & in what condition I receive my order. Avoid them.

Reviewer: SkyPilot
    [From eXpansys Reviewed By Australians. http://www.expansys.com.au]
    06-20-2011 11:08 PM
    I've looked all over for a HTC MHL - HDMI TV-Out Cable and can't find one. In the link above there is a UK site that has it but I can't purchase thru paypal (they don't ship to the US).
    If anyone finds one for sale please post a link.
    Thanks
    06-23-2011 10:57 AM
    I just chatted with someone at monoprice and he said they're planning on releasing an mhl cable but he had no ETA. Might be worth the wait.
    06-23-2011 01:06 PM
    I ordered this cable at this site:

HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 (Micro USB 5 pin to HDMI) #73H00394-00M - Expansys USA

After purchasing process the delivery states 41 days!

Oh well....well post how it works when I get it.

Item / Stock Qty Price Total
    ------ ---------------------------------------- --- ------- --------
    HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 1 38.95 38.95
    Est. 41 Days
    ------ ---------------------------------------- --- ------- --------
    Tax (7.75%) 3.02
    Shipping Info 3.95
    --------
    Total 45.92
    --------
    06-24-2011 08:50 AM
125 123 ...