Sensation Issues

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Forget the lag, anyone else concerned with the signal issues when you hold the back of the phone? Wow, just saw this a bit ago. In another video, the wifi completely shuts off and the signal strength drops like 3 bars just from holding it near the top. Lets hope the 3D doesnt do this too...

YouTube - ‪HTC Sensation death grip, part 2‬‏

And this means what exactly? There's hundreds of thousands of devices out there and unfortunately not all of them work the way they're supposed to. I'm sure if I searched long enough I'd be able to find a video of your beloved nexus force closing or randomly rebooting or having some other technical difficulty. Does that mean that every nexus shipped is bad, or potential owners should be worried based on such a small sample size ? Of course not. But then again that's what a rational, objective individual would say, which you obviously are not. Your act is getting tired go away.

mr_ecktid

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea thats a great video sense 3.0 looks good. I didnt knowtice any lag at all except when he pinch zoomed out on the web pages it looks a tiny bit choppy like he said but all in all if thats the only lag so far then id be pretty happy.
Also i tried finding other links and reviews that show this lag that is saposedly all over the sensation but the only thing i found was people just posting that it was laggy but giving no proof. Either way i hope we see a E3D reviews soon. well see.

that's what frustrates me with the evo 4g, for something that they highlighted as one of the "cool" features, you'd think they'd be able to at least fix that animation.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I won't post anohter linnk but Pocket now has a great video comparing the all mighty Galaxy S2 against the Sensation.

The Sensation was only a second if that slower loading web pages than the S2 and the reviewer liked Sense 3.0 hands down over whateever the S2

Oh forget it lol... here is the link

YouTube - ‪Galaxy S 2 vs. HTC Sensation‬‏

it is quite enjoyable to see the Sensatin and S2 in motion. Also the S2 is not due for the states until Fall at earliest and with my dying Pre I can barely wait the two weeks until my next phone(Evo 3D) comes out. The S2 is better benchmark wise but honestly hard to see it "blowing" the Sensation out of the water in practical use. I enjoyed the video alot and when it comes down to it the reviewer said both are great phones and it comes down to personal preference.

I like many others can't wait to see a true release review of the evo 3D.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
After watching that video of the sensation & GS2 i can see so little difference in performance. The main thing is touchwiz vs sense 3.0 touchwiz looks so plain its no wonder it looks so fast. Sense 3.0 is soo much more polished than touchwiz its night and day IMO.
If the sensation was running touchwiz i bet it would be just as fast. The difference in real world speed between the 2 is so tiny that i would easily choose a polished sense over touch wiz. With some root/tweaks i think the sensation/E3D will be a great contender for phone of the year.
Now as to the wifi,bluetooth, & 3g/4g signal fading when holding the phone flat, This is my only concern and definetly is a notch against the sensation for sure & if this is something that happens to all the phones or the E3D this could be a dealbreaker for alot of people because a phone at that price should never have weak hardware signals.
Anyways now we just wait to see the E3D reviews.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It won't happen on the 3vo because its not unibody so the back isnt an antenna

Ahh yea so those gold contacts on the inside of the body are the antennas conneting to the body and when he puts his hand over the metal band in the back it goes down. That makes sense.
Suprising they didnt come across that in testing. you would think that would be one of the first things they would find.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends here is a wonderful review of the software for the Sensation...this really has me chomping at the bit for the 3D.

This is a very positive review of the Sense 3.0 experience with NO LAG at all

YouTube - ‪HTC Sensation Software Review‬‏

There is no lag because hes pressing one button and sitting there to show off what it does. He wasnt using it quickly as most people would, switching back and forth between apps and screens.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
After watching that video of the sensation & GS2 i can see so little difference in performance. The main thing is touchwiz vs sense 3.0 touchwiz looks so plain its no wonder it looks so fast. Sense 3.0 is soo much more polished than touchwiz its night and day IMO.
If the sensation was running touchwiz i bet it would be just as fast.

I think that is a very reasonable argument. Honestly, if you like Sense, there is nothing wrong with sacrificing some performance for eye-candy.

Look at computers, all that performance and it seems like only marginal improvement from 15 years ago.

BTW, has anyone tried playing a game that was old enough that it used the CPU's clock cycles as the only throttle on the graphics. They are pretty hilarious to see the simple animations now.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I won't post anohter linnk but Pocket now has a great video comparing the all mighty Galaxy S2 against the Sensation.

The Sensation was only a second if that slower loading web pages than the S2 and the reviewer liked Sense 3.0 hands down over whateever the S2

Oh forget it lol... here is the link

YouTube - ‪Galaxy S 2 vs. HTC Sensation‬‏

it is quite enjoyable to see the Sensatin and S2 in motion. Also the S2 is not due for the states until Fall at earliest and with my dying Pre I can barely wait the two weeks until my next phone(Evo 3D) comes out. The S2 is better benchmark wise but honestly hard to see it "blowing" the Sensation out of the water in practical use. I enjoyed the video alot and when it comes down to it the reviewer said both are great phones and it comes down to personal preference.

I like many others can't wait to see a true release review of the evo 3D.

Another video showing what we have already seen. The S2 has a sharper looking screen that displays the same photo much better, its thinner and lighter, it kills the Sensation in benchmarks and its faster loading webpages. The Sensation is prettier to look at if you are gaga for weather animations LOL. I'll take the S2 any day of the week. It will be here well before the fall, its due on Sprint late July or early Aug.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Another video showing what we have already seen. The S2 has a sharper looking screen that displays the same photo much better, its thinner and lighter, it kills the Sensation in benchmarks and its faster loading webpages. The Sensation is prettier to look at if you are gaga for weather animations LOL. I'll take the S2 any day of the week. It will be here well before the fall, its due on Sprint late July or early Aug.

Good, you made your decision. Now say bye to the Evo 3d forums and enjoy your benchmark killing phone with wanna be iPhone UI and high contrast, cartoon color, over saturated low resolution screen.

:)

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

/OFFTOPIC Ok I'm wondering why you are even commenting. The title clearly says "Sensation Issues" and has to do with the Evo 3D and the Sensation according to the original post. There was one post which had videos of the GS2, but the focus was more on the sensation's so-called lag issue. You seem to just want to aggravate people by trolling about the GS2 in the Evo 3D forum. You have no intention of getting the Evo 3D and try to find a loophole to bring down/negatively comment about the Evo 3D any time you can which brings no real discussion to any topics at all(besides the GS2 vs E3D threads). If you really need to talk about the phone go make a thread in the Phone Wars section. You are pretty annoying and defiantly deserve a "vacation from the forum".

/ONTOPIC Well I think/hope that all the problems with the software will be fixed or are possibly not even seen on the Evo 3D. The Sensation has looked buttery smooth in all the videos I have seen and I really want to see it lag since it seems to be so much of a con in the review videos.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

FocusOn3D (like Taino called you),

we all know you love the S2, how many times are you gonna mention it??? Just go into the Sammy forums I'm sure they'll love you there! C-ya!

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea the benchmarks were higher on the GS2 and the contrast on the samsung is alot better than the Qhd screen. The samsung is a little over saturated though but not too much. I think i will have to see them screens infront of me to decide scince video of screens tend to be disceptive.
Sense is alot more than weather animations, to be honest i would prolly turn some of that off depending if it annoys me but like i said before you cant deny the plain drab look of touchwize its a basic UI nothing special to all the extras and look of widgets/icons etc.
As to the web pages loading the GS2 was faster no doubt but like a second or 2 max? at the end of the day with these minor differences we have to play with them both to decide. For me IMO the E3D has more going for it with the unlocked bootloader and soon to have OpenSense development for me its a no brainer but well see how it goes, still need more reviews.
Both are sweet phones and i look forward to seeing them in person.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Focus, the point of the video with the SG2 was to show you the Sensation holds up very well against the SG2.

The EVO 3D has better specs than the Sensation meaning it may perform even better than the Sensation. The other point of the video is despite the silly benchmarks the Sensation was only mere seconds (if that) behind the GS2.

It proves to me benchmark ratings on phones don't prove how much better it will be in actual usablility. And there have been many other videos showing the Sensation handles going between apss and web pages very snappily.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Were are the new E3D video reviews lol? 2 weeks to go and nothing to be seen yet eh? anyways the new gadget fever i caught a while back is driving me nutz hehe.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Were are the new E3D video reviews lol? 2 weeks to go and nothing to be seen yet eh? anyways the new gadget fever i caught a while back is driving me nutz hehe.

^^^
This is what I have been wondering too. I mean the device is supposed to be out in 2 weeks...don't they have to have a finalized version by now?

I enjoy looking at the Sensation videos but the Sensation is not the device I have been pining over since CTIA . :'(

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

wrong, the sensation totally pwns the S2 in everyway, every way!!! And I'll keep saying it over and over!