Does the Photon 4g change your mind on purchasing the Evo 3d?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I was all set to get the EVO 3D, but seeing this phone has to make me think a little. I guess I would have to compare the two devices and weigh the positives and negatives of both phones. Hardware seems close, but I heard that the EVO 3D 1.2 duo core actually has an energy saver by shutting down 1 core when not needed. I also heard it is a better processor than the Tegra. I do like that the Moto has 16 internal memory and a kickstand. Evo 3D has the 3D effect and Sense 3.0 and Moto has Blur (don't look blur that much). I guess it comes down to which phone has better reception, speakers, camera, speed, looks and call quality. For now, no one knows those answers yet, which makes the decision a little harder. I am still leaning towards the Evo 3D, but a lot can change in 2 weeks. Anyone else have opinions. I always want the latest and greatest each year, but this year you have 2 choices.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
At first I was a lil jealous of the kickstand (and I also like the design) But then I remembered that the charging ports are on the side so you cant charge it and use the kickstand @ the same time so with that I do not envy the kickstand... At least the Evo 4g had it right... Have kickstand - ports on the bottom!

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I was actually expecting more from all the rumors that have been going around. But will it sway me, nope. It does has some nice specs, and i do not know if the EVO 3D will have gorilla glass, but that was a nice feature. But in regards to the memory i guess we all have to shell out more money to match the photons, but the 3D still seems like a higher spec phone. Though one thing is that it seems like it will be utilizing all of the same accessories as the Atrix, which does seem like a nice novelty. But blur looks like a blur while sense looks more polished

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Naw, I'll stick w/ the Evo 3D. Snapdragon outperforms tegra 2, i need an unlocked bootloader + without it blur(idk what the new name is) would be much more painful, I'm not waiting until December, plus the Photon is ugly as sin lol

Bamba1260

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
If it were really going to be unlocked like first mentioned then I would have seriously considered it. But since its
a) Locked bootloader
b) Motorola
c) MotoBlur
never in a million years.

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha I never left, just keeping my mind/options open incase something goes wrong at launch.

Sent from my half dead hero with aospGB using Tapatalk
lol Let's just hope nothing goes wrong at launch. There is just too much hype right now for the Evo 3D to fail.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I said. 1GHz. Even if its dual core, the EVo still has an extra 200 MHz

In theory, it's even better than that. Since they both have a dual core CPU, the Tegra is 1 GHz x 2. The EVO 3D's CPU is 1.2 GHz x 2. So, the EVO 3D actually has 400 extra MHz!

That said, the underlying architecture, die size, GPU integration, RAM access, etc. all factor into the overall speed. I know how well the Tegra doesn't do in the Xoom, so I'm hoping for more than that out of my EVO 3D.

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
There are only 3 components to the Moto that interest me: 1) Kickstand, 2) Accelerometer animation & 3) World phone (I hat activating my old Tour for when I travel)...

Everything about the 3D interests me...

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
In theory, it's even better than that. Since they both have a dual core CPU, the Tegra is 1 GHz x 2. The EVO 3D's CPU is 1.2 GHz x 2. So, the EVO 3D actually has 400 extra MHz!

That said, the underlying architecture, die size, GPU integration, RAM access, etc. all factor into the overall speed. I know how well the Tegra doesn't do in the Xoom, so I'm hoping for more than that out of my EVO 3D.

No, for the tegra both cores add up to 1Ghz and for the Evo 3D both add up to 1.2Ghz. I wish it was the way youre thinking though :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci