To keep us entertained while we wait for 2 more weeks...(Video)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
At least we have a date to circle on the calendar, and now it's less than half a month! Does that sound better than 2 weeks or 14 days?

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Lol at the lag, all those hands on videos were talking about that little stutter the whole time. That was nothing compared to what i experience with my hero every second I'm using it. Every time I open/close an app there is not even normal lag it's fricken super ultra lag.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw the lag, it's more of a hesitation. If that's the worst of it then the EVO should be good. It has more RAM. And even if the EVO had that lag who cares??? I miss half the calls on my Pre because it runs out of memory and becomes unresponsive. This thing still ****ing rocks!!!

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I saw the lag, it's more of a hesitation. If that's the worst of it then the EVO should be good. It has more RAM. And even if the EVO had that lag who cares??? I miss half the calls on my Pre because it runs out of memory and becomes unresponsive. This thing still ****ing rocks!!!

Yeah the Evo will be amazing. I just don't believe how big of a deal they made that little stutter out to be, they said lag so I was expecting actual lag, but that was nothing:D. I don't know if I can wait 2 more weeks though. I want it now!!!!!:mad:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah those reviewers are pretty spoiled. I figured that's what they meant by lag. That and when the animation going to the next home screen isn't running as butter smooth as usual.

Us Evo guys are spoiled by that already, usually it's smooth, it's just a little choppy when a demanding live wallpaper is running in the background or when the phone is busy updating or installing apps. You Hero and Pre users have a totally definition of what lag is. I guess us Evo 4G guys were hoping for a 100% smooth all the time no matter what experience from a dual core phone, and Aaron and the other reviewers, spoiled as they are, did too, so that explains the lag statement and the "it just doesn't quite feel dual core fast" statement.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
He is correct in his review though. High standards these days, the bar has been raised for sure and he had to point it out. If the G2X doesn't have it and the S2 doesn't have it he rightly has to point it out so i wouldn't call it nitpicking really. It won't affect my purchasing decision however but it's good that he pointed it out.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now that I watched Part 2, if he says "lag" one more time!!!!! Grrr! Anyhow, on to the Quadrant test. The Sensation finished way ahead of the G2x, but yet the G2x got a higher score, not that high considering it's vanilla Android, and actually, within the range that the Sensation will score too if you run the test a few times. What I noticed during the benchmark with the planets, the Sensation was held back by it's refresh rate and topped out at around 60, the G2x on the othe other hand broke 100 fps in that particular test. In all the other graphics test they were pretty much equal, which show that the Galaxy S2 really is a freak when it comes to those graphics tests. So, does that mean the G2x has a higher screen refresh rate? That one test must have skewed the result in the G2x's favor since the Sensation was faster or equal in all the other tests.

Either way, glad he picked the Sensation as the winner. But his statement of calling the G2x the speed demon compared to the Sensation being laggy seem wrong to me. Funny, when ever he mentioned lag and fingered the Sensation, the thing was just whizzing along at lag free speeds! LOL

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
He is correct in his review though. High standards these days, the bar has been raised for sure and he had to point it out. If the G2X doesn't have it and the S2 doesn't have it he rightly has to point it out so i wouldn't call it nitpicking really. It won't affect my purchasing decision however but it's good that he pointed it out.

Of all the reviews I have seen, and I think I saw everything on YouTube, he is the most negative one. I think he just got a bad example of the Sensation. Remember he mentioned that incident where his battery went form 40% to 0 in an hour? It's probably that task killer program that he likes to install all the time.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Nice...HTC ftw. The issues were pretty minor for the sensation and hope that the Evo 3d doesn't have any problems worse than those.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Sensation looks amazing regardless, and the 'lag' is nothing compared with the sluggish 3G loading and signal loss issues I'm getting on my BB. Evo3D's gonna be a speed demon in comparison by the look of this.

Now he mentioned about HTC Hub, I wondered if Sprint will allow that to be included and not locked out like Verizon did. Be nice if they do keep it on the Evo3D if it comes with.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice...HTC ftw. The issues were pretty minor for the sensation and hope that the Evo 3d doesn't have any problems worse than those.

If you consider what the Sensation has to push around in the way of pixels (meaning computations required to render the qHD resolution Sense UI), compared what the G2x has to with it's plain vanilla built and lower resolution, the Sensation does amazingly well!

Makes the Quadrant score it got compared to the G2x look even better.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sensation looks amazing regardless, and the 'lag' is nothing compared with the sluggish 3G loading and signal loss issues I'm getting on my BB. Evo3D's gonna be a speed demon in comparison by the look of this.

Now he mentioned about HTC Hub, I wondered if Sprint will allow that to be included and not locked out like Verizon did. Be nice if they do keep it on the Evo3D if it comes with.

I just watched the Evo 3d Wirefly video again, and at about 9:20 when he opens the app launcher, you can see HTC Hub is present and accounted for ! :)

See for yourself:
YouTube - ‪HTC EVO 3D Review‬‏

That makes me happy, because downloading more scenes and skins sounds like fun. I really like the skinning feature, add a little blue instead of all black!

Reactions: whisper2ascream
Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just watched the Evo 3d Wirefly video again, and at about 9:20 when he opens the app launcher, you can see HTC Hub is present and accounted for ! :)

See for yourself:
YouTube - ‪HTC EVO 3D Review‬‏

That makes me happy, because downloading more scenes and skins sounds like fun. I really like the skinning feature, add a little blue instead of all black!

Good eye! I rewatched the video (since hadn't looked too close at the apps at the time I watched it first time around) and yep, good deal. Love being able to customize and tweak settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance