Evo 3d nerves

grhodes1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one whose nervous about this phone. I want to go to my Sprint store and preorder it to get away from the Pre so bad, but I dont want to be saddled with a poor phone for another 2 years

grhodes1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
just from comments I've seen on xda/androidcentral forums. I realize its very much an issue of me being naive and ignorant. I was pretty sold on it until that short lived phonescoop review was posted but as had been previously thrown out its not exactly a great review. It just seeded some doubt in my mind that blew up pretty quickly.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
just from comments I've seen on xda/androidcentral forums. I realize its very much an issue of me being naive and ignorant. I was pretty sold on it until that short lived phonescoop review was posted but as had been previously thrown out its not exactly a great review. It just seeded some doubt in my mind that blew up pretty quickly.

Until you see a review from Engadget and Android Central don't worry about the reception issue

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Plus, no one knows until they get it in their hands in their area of the country. Mileage may vary, but what handset doesn't? If the perfect phone was out there the other companies would be out of business.
I'm EVO 3D bound here in Chicago and I'm excited, even though I have had issues with 4g here on my EVO 4G. Sprint here is ok. Not perfect but not terrible. It can only get better right? Right? Please? :)

Sent from Cyanogen Outpost 36100

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Look at the brightside, i am sure someone out there will want it. Your going to use your discount to get the device and there are people out there who arent eligible. So if you get it and hate it maybe they have somehting you like, can make a trade and get some cash on top of it.

I actually have a friend who wants my EPIC, and i am going to use his upgrade to get an EVO3D. But i am also going to wait a few days, go into a store and see it first hand and make sure i like it.

We both will come out happy.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one whose nervous about this phone. I want to go to my Sprint store and preorder it to get away from the Pre so bad, but I dont want to be saddled with a poor phone for another 2 years

wait for a proper review from a well known source in a place with a cell signal before you start freakin out dude

Reactions: Averix

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Im just leary on hardware as the technology is new and we all know how new tech goes.

Im scared to ditch my Evo as its been a solid device, but I want to snag this thing up for other reasons. Sense 3.0 is pretty dope. I ran it for a little on my Evo. Plus the dual core and other stuff.
But I am sure there will be a bit of bugs to work out in the midst of things.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure sprint tests the phone first to make sure it's up to their standards, it was just one review that got pulled, i am still curious as to why it got pulled. The only other review we got to enjoy was from wirefly and he said nothing about the signal strength or call quality. I sure hope to find more reviews soon, like how about today, that would be nice!

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The key phrase on reception in the review was "It performed on par with other Sprint 3G Devices." People seem to have overlooked that.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure sprint tests the phone first to make sure it's up to their standards/QUOTE]

Yep, just like the tested the Nexus S that so many people are having issues with right? Or just like they tested the Evo 4G that needed tons of fixes and 3 months to get working properly, right? The 3D is going to have its issues and the only real review we have seen just confirmed that.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
The key phrase on reception in the review was "It performed on par with other Sprint 3G Devices." People seem to have overlooked that.

You seem to overlook the fact he was only talking about DATA when he said it performed on par with other Sprint 3G devices and this is supposed to be a 4G phone! He said the phone part of it was a disaster. Here is his quote...

"As for 3G, out in NJ where 4G isn't live yet, I was able to spend a weekend with the EVO 3D using EVDO-only coverage. How well did this work? In a word: disaster. The EVO 3D barely held onto one bar most of the time. This led to missed calls, plenty of repeat dials, and several dropped calls. Not good. As for 3G data performance, it was better than voice performance for sure. Speeds were decent, and 3G browsing sessions were acceptably quick, even with only one bar. At my home in NJ, one bar is pretty typical for Sprint. It performed on par with other Sprint 3G devices."

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not having issues with the nexus s I have. Don't believe everything you read seriuosly. People ***** about one bar on 4g. It only has 3 bars in total. I get one bar at home and get 4-5mb on average and sometimes up to 8. May be my unit is better then others. Not everyone is having issue.I switched to sprint because of their plan and my discount, I got the nexus in the mean time and they announced the evo 3d. Called Amazon and already have the evo on preorder just waitin to get that so I can ship the nexus back.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You seem to overlook the fact he was only talking about DATA when he said it performed on par with other Sprint 3G devices and this is supposed to be a 4G phone! He said the phone part of it was a disaster. Here is his quote...

"As for 3G, out in NJ where 4G isn't live yet, I was able to spend a weekend with the EVO 3D using EVDO-only coverage. How well did this work? In a word: disaster. The EVO 3D barely held onto one bar most of the time. This led to missed calls, plenty of repeat dials, and several dropped calls. Not good. As for 3G data performance, it was better than voice performance for sure. Speeds were decent, and 3G browsing sessions were acceptably quick, even with only one bar. At my home in NJ, one bar is pretty typical for Sprint. It performed on par with other Sprint 3G devices."

he also said it has 1 bar. I don't expect to get phone calls with 1 bar either. He also said it's on par with other sprint devices. So I'd say he had more of a sprint problem than a htc problem.

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I wish the mods would ban you. You do nothing but troll on the Evo3D forums. You've been warned yet continue to do so. Obnoxious,

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
he also said it has 1 bar. I don't expect to get phone calls with 1 bar either. He also said it's on par with other sprint devices. So I'd say he had more of a sprint problem than a htc problem.

Yes, thats what I said. This seems to be a problem with how GB works with Sprint's network. 2 different phones from 2 different companies shouldnt be having the same 4G connectivity issues and 1 bar of signal with missed and dropped calls. Something is wrong on Sprint's end.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if you're worried then wait. See if issues really pop up or are just fear mongering stupidity at this point.
Take what you read on here with a grain of salt too. Some posters are trolls in disguise who like to promote their own agendas with supposed neutrality.
Remember too, most issues can be fixed with firmware or software updates. Only in the case of true hardware screw ups are issues doomed to be unfixable. The original EVO had multiple issues at launch. None truly critical, but several annoying. Most, if not all, have been taken care of through updates. A few bugs is the risk you accept when you rush in as a first adopter.

If you're having that much doubt, don't get it day one.

Reactions: MannyZ28 and Djblue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463