To all of you complaining about the camera...

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Let me quote the phonescoop review:

"I don't know if it’s a function of shooting 3D images with two cameras or what, but 3D images are almost always in focus and razor sharp. I've never seen such a series of perfect focus in images before. The sharp focus is what lets the 3D pictures pop off the screen and adds layers and depth to the images. Amazingly, other elements such as white balance, color accuracy, grain, and so on are all kept in check. I shot 3D images of some really dumb subjects, and the results were nearly always perfect, even in crummy lighting. In other words, the quality of the photos was outstanding.

Much of this quality carried over to 2D imaging, as well. The EVO 3D has an all-around excellent camera that does a good job and handling most everyday imaging needs."

"Even if the EVO 3D were a 2D-only shooter, it would be worth recommending for the camera performance alone."

Source: Review: HTC EVO 3D : 3D (Phone Scoop)

Last edited:

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I have not complained about it but the sample pics in the reviews arent very good at all, but I didnt think the pics from the Evo 4G were any good either.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not complained about it but the sample pics in the reviews arent very good at all, but I didnt think the pics from the Evo 4G were any good either.

We'll have to wait and see for this one. Although i do agree that HTC has never been making the greatest cameras on their phones. That's one thing I'm expecting the Galaxy SII to beat the Evo 3d with.

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes the samples looked horrible IMHO for a phone marketing itself as a quality 2d/3d shooter...I guess if you don't need/want a quality camera on you're phone, it doesn't matter. But, if i'm paying $200 for a phone that will last me 1-2 years it should have these basic next-gen attributes.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
We'll have to wait and see for this one. Although i do agree that HTC has never been making the greatest cameras on their phones. That's one thing I'm expecting the Galaxy SII to beat the Evo 3d with.

Well of course. Samsung not only makes cameras, they make the video processor used in the iPhone. HTC does not make cameras, big difference.

knicks5171#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I still cant believe how bad the Engadget review was, i seriously am boycotting them from here on it, dam apple fanbois

Well the girl who wrote the review also wrote the sensation review and is a T-mobile fangirl. She doesn't quite understand that 4G should be turned off for stellar battery life. Sorry to be off topic

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, you guys should check out the pics on the phonescoop review i gave you a link two. IMO they look much better than in the other reviews.

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, you guys should check out the pics on the phonescoop review i gave you a link two. IMO they look much better than in the other reviews.

Does this really look good to you?

http://img.phonescoop.com/img/a/p/32360_800.jpg

http://img.phonescoop.com/img/a/p/32359_800.jpg

http://img.phonescoop.com/img/a/p/32361_800.jpg

I guess looks are subjective. But to me these pics look under saturated with light metering problems, showing haze and just lacking any sharpness or detail (I'm just comparing it to other smartphones, but the quality is not on par).

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I guess looks are subjective. But to me these pics look under saturated with light metering problems, showing haze and just lacking any sharpness or detail (I'm just comparing it to other smartphones, but the quality is not on par).
I wouldn't worry too much, we still got 30 days to return if the phone has major problems. To me these reviews seem to over-hype the cons and under value the goods of the phone. But once again I say to wait and see for ourselves.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Then use the camera settings that's what they are there for. Sure out of the box the camera will have default settings, but the great thing with sense is that it lets you customize everything. You can easily change the, contrast, brightness, saturation etc to fit your camera needs. :p

Some people are taking the reviews to seriously, they are showing off the phones default glory. Once we all gets hands on there will probably be all kinds of posts/articles explaining how to tweak the phone and make something about it better . :D

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Until this afternoon, the comments I'd seen on the 3D camera were favorable (though admittedly not very specific), then suddenly this afternoon, the camera ain't lookin' so good. The physical button really will be an advantage, but I would sure like to see an iPhone 4-quality camera in one of these phones! I use the camera a lot when traveling, so I had high hopes for the camera--A pity.

The fact that the 3G appears to be an overall decent smartphone in it's class, it is available on Sprint now (well, in a few days!), and that going ahead and stepping up to it will start the countdown for me to upgrade again <heh> in a year make me comfortable with going ahead and snagging me an EVO 3D when they become available, rather than waiting an indeterminate time for Sprint to come out with the Photon or something else that is as good or better than the 3D. I've been with Sprint long enough to still have the annual subsidized upgrade, which puts a significant cost for me if I leave Sprint.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Until this afternoon, the comments I'd seen on the 3D camera were favorable (though admittedly not very specific), then suddenly this afternoon, the camera ain't lookin' so good. The physical button really will be an advantage, but I would sure like to see an iPhone 4-quality camera in one of these phones! I use the camera a lot when traveling, so I had high hopes for the camera--A pity.

The fact that the 3G appears to be an overall decent smartphone in it's class, it is available on Sprint now (well, in a few days!), and that going ahead and stepping up to it will start the countdown for me to upgrade again <heh> in a year make me comfortable with going ahead and snagging me an EVO 3D when they become available, rather than waiting an indeterminate time for Sprint to come out with the Photon or something else that is as good or better than the 3D. I've been with Sprint long enough to still have the annual subsidized upgrade, which puts a significant cost for me if I leave Sprint.

The S2 will be out late July and the Photon in Aug.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much, we still got 30 days to return if the phone has major problems. To me these reviews seem to over-hype the cons and under value the goods of the phone. But once again I say to wait and see for ourselves.

if you were to return the phone within 30 days, do you get back your upgrade eligibility as well ($150 off renewing contract)?

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
if you were to return the phone within 30 days, do you get back your upgrade eligibility as well ($150 off renewing contract)?
Yes, as long as they process your return correctly :). The store I returned my last phone did not and I had to fax a receipt showing the return to sprint so they could restore my original upgrade date. At least they didn't charge me the $35 fee.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as long as they process your return correctly :). The store I returned my last phone did not and I had to fax a receipt showing the return to sprint so they could restore my original upgrade date. At least they didn't charge me the $35 fee.

who does returns better, bestbuy or radioshack? or which one would be better to buy from?

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
who does returns better, bestbuy or radioshack? or which one would be better to buy from?
Not sure. I returned mine to a corporate sprint store. I've read that bestbuy does not charge the $35 re-stock fee, so that may be a good thing to keep in mind if true (not sure if radioshack does or not). The re-stock fee is only for current sprint customers who return an upgrade.