Ask Phil about the EVO 3D

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh well, that means 720p. Too bad it isn't 1080p.

If they said it was going to come with it, my interpretation is that they were working on it, and it turned out to be not ready for prime time.

I'm fairly certain this will come as a HTC software update.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im still wanting to know about the call quality/signal quality/4G quality...any news on that? Good, bad, so-so...?

This is a big thing considering first and foremost the Evo 3D needs to do well as a phone(making calls, text messages, etc.)

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My biggest concern is one that cannot be fixed by a software update. The camera lenses on the back of the phone. How badly do they stick out from the phone? Is that a major concern of the phone? Do they look like they can scratch easily?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My biggest concern is one that cannot be fixed by a software update. The camera lenses on the back of the phone. How badly do they stick out from the phone? Is that a major concern of the phone? Do they look like they can scratch easily?

This is HTC. HTC is known for building QUALITY devices.

I'm sure they learned from the past mistake with the lens sticking out from behind the Evo.

My educated guess.....it's Gorilla Glass.

WrlsFanatic

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to know what battery life is like. I've heard that 3D pictures/video drain the battery, but I don't care about that. I rarely take pictures with my phone. I also wouldn't use 4G unless I was tethering and attached to a cable. So what I want to know is, with battery-saving, typical usage (no GPS, no bluetooth, no 4G, and no picture-taking), how long will this battery last me?

wcmarchese#AC

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
One of my major concerns is the picture quality. Is the picture quality better than the first EVO?
The Iphone 4 has a 5 megapixel camera, and I hear it's really good. Just want to make sure this is truly an upgrade.

mrazzino

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
The Engadget review discusses problems with the camera's lens cover since it is plastic and interferes with the pictures. I would also be interested to know if the pictures taken in 2D are comparable to the Evo (which in my opinion didn't take great pictures).

How does the on/off button up top feel? Some of the reviews comment that it does not give much feedback when you hit it or it is hard to hit.

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not I want to know how well it works as a phone?.....I'm coming from an I580 and this will be my first smart phone so phone quality is one of my main concerns...HJ

WrlsFanatic

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How much internal memory is left on the phone after unboxing? 1-2gigs? I hate the low memory issue with the EVO
Watch the unboxing, as Phil mentioned earlier. It showed slightly over 1.0GB available (barely more than the EVO) with an interesting utility to - apparently - clear the cache for more space, though that won't last more than a few days, if that.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
How is signal quality in terms of both data and voice, and also how is audio quality during calls?

I'm extremely interested in this too, as there has been some disparaging things said about it elsewhere. I would assume this would be part of a deeper review though, so can always hold on a little longer I suppose. :D

Any word on whether it's Bluetooth 2.1 or 3.0? I've see dueling reports stating each way...

Also wondering about the camera plastic/glass, if you get the impression that it'll get scratched up easily. I've been thinking of taking an old spare screen protector and trying to cut it apart and put it on there...but we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol