so lens protector?

486sx33

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
so i noticed that a lot of the reviews put the camera protruding from the back and so scratches would definitely be a concern... that said will there be a lens protector available? could you cut a screen protector to size? how would that affect pictures? where are the cases with kickstands? once agian so many questions

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a 4g, and have had no problems with my "naked" potruding camera lens. Though, when I bought my full body invisibleshield, it did come with a lens cover (that I did not put on).

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For me its not a deal breaker but I wonder why HTC didn't learn from the original EVO. If they made a bezel that comes up a bit to protect the cameras I don't think it would have taken away from the device. This is the one thing I'm worried about with the EVO 3D.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
If you plan for it to replace a stand alone camera i could see that being a deal breaker...

From Archos With Love

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try one of the TPU cases. It should recess/cover the lens enough that it shouldn't be easily scratched. As long as it does not add too much bulk, I'll probably be happy with it.

486sx33

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
for the short time i had the evo (bout 2 weeks) there was a scratch on the lens... i will be getting a screen protector for the 3d so i hope it comes with camera cover too. always have the BB guys do it for $7, so worth it, come back in an hour and it's done and if they screw it up they'll fix or replace. def worth $7 one time fee, if memory serves me right you dont even have to buy the screen protector from BB to have them do it!

backlund

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try one of the TPU cases. It should recess/cover the lens enough that it shouldn't be easily scratched. As long as it does not add too much bulk, I'll probably be happy with it.
I ordered one from TPU-cases.com and it covers the protrusion. It only has holes cut out for the lenses. Not a perfect solution, but defintely will be more protective than just leaving the protruding camera bare. I think it only cost $6 or $8 with free shipping. In the end, it probably won't be the case I use for long term, but it will definitely do until something much better comes out from a 3rd party.

backlund

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, but has anyone considered just cutting out a piece from an extra or cheap screen protector to put over the lens cover? I would think that should help, but I do agree that it seems like the whole thing was a pretty asinine design choice in the first place.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Replacement lens kits for the evo 4g are online for $8. If you scratch up your evo 3d lens then just replace it for cheap.

You shouldn't have to replace something on a phone due to a poor design decision. I've been lucky I guess. My Otterbox commuter case keeps the lens recessed and safe from scratches.
We've known for a long time that the cameras protrude from the back. Not sure why this is so much of a surprise to people.

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a case on my Evo 4G but I think I treat it pretty well. However, the lens is very scratched up. It certainly seems like the 3D would only be worse. In all but the worst kind of drops or careless storage a typical case that provides some recess to protect the lens should be sufficient. I just don't like adding a case to a device that is already pretty bulky.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have to replace something on a phone due to a poor design decision. I've been lucky I guess. My Otterbox commuter case keeps the lens recessed and safe from scratches.
We've known for a long time that the cameras protrude from the back. Not sure why this is so much of a surprise to people.

I agree but the phone doesn't get the scratches by itself you get the scratches on it by not being careful with it. The case from HTC with the kickstand seems to recesses the lens back far enough anyways and that's what i'll be getting because I always wanted a phone with a kickstand.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, but has anyone considered just cutting out a piece from an extra or cheap screen protector to put over the lens cover? I would think that should help, but I do agree that it seems like the whole thing was a pretty asinine design choice in the first place.

If I have to do that I'll just buy something else, I can no longer reward poor decisions by companies (looking at you HP)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci