Anyone else wishing that HTC left off the 2D/3D toggle switch?

Are you a fan of the toggle switch?

• Total voters

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
With the now confirmed embarrassingly poor performance of user generated 3D content by Phil and others, does anyone else now wishes that the toggle switch was left off? I know I do.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well it was put there for fast and easy access. Nothing worse than having to fumble through some menus to make it switch between the two modes. It just also reinforces what the phone is capable off, so if your buddy asks you what that switch does, well, you can tell him your phone can do 3d! LOL

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I for one am not. I'm sure there wil be hacks to change that to a pre style rigner switch or whatever your heart desires. That's why i dont think you should be regretful of it.

Remember, this is still supposed to be better than the evo. and the 3d itself isn't too shabby, but still not essential part of your phone if you dont want it.

I think in these phones, it all boils down to skins and which one makes you happy. I seem to remember you are a big fan of sense of which you get the best version and best perfromance.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
That seems to be the easiest way to make sure the 3d is actually off so i'd rather the switch to stay on the phone.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That seems to be the easiest way to make sure the 3d is actually off so i'd rather the switch to stay on the phone.

But the toggle is only for the camera, wouldn't an onscreen option like the many other onscreen options make more sense? I mean once you fired up the camera it wouldn't be too hard to tell what mode it was in.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
But the toggle is only for the camera, wouldn't an onscreen option like the many other onscreen options make more sense? I mean once you fired up the camera it wouldn't be too hard to tell what mode it was in.

Hmm yea I guess that would work too:D. But it kind of seems more convenient to me since it's there physically on the phone and I don't have to scroll through the phone to do it.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
With the now confirmed embarrassingly poor performance of user generated 3D content by Phil and others, does anyone else now wishes that the toggle switch was left off? I know I do.

What I wish they would have left off was the 3D name on the phone ... I feel if you are going to claim a feature into the name of ANY device it should work better than any other feature in THAT device ... Like the "facebook" phone ... THAT phone should do EVERYTHING that facebook has to offer and do it GREAT .. Same in this case ... The 3D should not work ok .. mediocre ... so so ... standard ... it'll do ... It SHOULD SCREAM 3D Exceptional output ... Either play to win or don't play at all ... Don't play just to be in the game.

Reactions: VickMackey#AC

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What I wish they would have left off was the 3D name on the phone ... I feel if you are going to claim a feature into the name of ANY device it should work better than any other feature in THAT device ... Like the "facebook" phone ... THAT phone should do EVERYTHING that facebook has to offer and do it GREAT .. Same in this case ... The 3D should not work ok .. mediocre ... so so ... standard ... it'll do ... It SHOULD SCREAM 3D Exceptional output ... Either play to win or don't play at all ... Don't play just to be in the game.

I agree, that was the biggest mistake with this device, with out the 3d part in many ways its better than the sensation or as good as it is, but every one just keep talking about the 3d part which is just optional and do not have to use it at all if we dont want to.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think they should have just beefed up the sensation with 32gb internal, 1gb ram and 1.5ghz clock speed. I don't think anyone would be complaining about that :p

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I both agree and disagree with you. They should not have called it the Evo 3D. They should have called it Evo 2 or Evo 2 with 3D.

However, I disagree with your reasoning. This would be the first US smartphone device with this capability, so Evo 3D is totally warranted. Its a first generation device. The Evo 4G wasn't the most wonderful at 4G connectivity but it was all we had when it first came out. Over time, we are already seeing 4G phones getting better. This phone, like the Evo 4G is meant to get the ball rolling, bringing something new to the table that's not found on any other phone. Thats what the Evo line is meant to be. An envelope pushing line of phones. If successful, like its predecessor, expect better 3D smartphones on Store shelves by this time next year.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I completely agree. So with that said, I wish I could buy this phone and forget the name of it, but then there is going to be that damn toggle switch reminding me everyday of the half-assed 3D effort....Why would they even put that on there if the 3D wasn't at least better than the Optimus?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree. So with that said, I wish I could buy this phone and forget the name of it, but then there is going to be that damn toggle switch reminding me everyday of the half-assed 3D effort....Why would they even put that on there if the 3D wasn't at least better than the Optimus?

Do you think they could rename it Evo 2.0 by launch date or do you think they actually have an Evo 2.0 in the works to come out? :p

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you think they could rename it Evo 2.0 by launch date or do you think they actually have an Evo 2.0 in the works to come out? :p

I wish...I just read the Engadget EVO 4G review where it got a 9. They were very impressed with that thing and the 3D is a massive upgrade. I'll prob get the 3D because it IS a better phone than the 4G, the air just got sucked out of the room. I was hoping the 3D would at least be decent...