I stopped into Best Buy this morning to double check that they had my correct phone number attached to my pre-order, so I was sure not to miss the call telling me I could come in and pick up my new precious. The girl at the store couldn't find their pre-order info right away and took my number to call me back when she did find it.

When she called, she mentioned that the Evo 3D was shown in their system as being available on June 26th. I asked if she was sure, as the official launch date was Friday the 24th. She verified that their system was showing the 26th.

Any BB employees on these boards (or someone familiar w/ how BB handles launches, inventory, etc...) have any insight on what might be going on? Is it possible they're getting it 2 days late for some reason? Perhaps not selling pre-ordered phones on the 24th? Maybe it's just showing up in their system as the wrong date for some reason?
    06-19-2011 11:38 AM
    Well that would be a new one, usually Best Buy has exclusives where you can buy it there first. They were also the first ones to take pre orders.

Sorry I can't help regarding your question.
    06-19-2011 11:44 AM
    I went to my local bestbuy erlyer today and they said that they will call the people who pre-ordered the Evo 3D to come in at a time to pick up there phones on the 24th, to help you set it up and what not.
    06-19-2011 12:02 PM
    I work at Best Buy, its definitely coming on the 24th

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    sergi0wned likes this.
    06-19-2011 12:50 PM
    I have no inside knowledge, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that BB was insuring itself against sellout by just selling the phone to preorders for the first two days. It is possible they have enough preorders to use their entire initial allotment of phones.

Also, bitter experience has made me unwilling to get excited over news sources who are retail employees, however sincere and well intentioned they may be.
    sergi0wned likes this.
    06-19-2011 01:12 PM
    Their getting it for sure on the 24th... Just left Best Buy to take a job in my field..
    06-19-2011 01:17 PM
    I stopped by the Best Buy where I ordered my phone so I asked them when they would be calling to set up appointments. The girl said they had just received word that they would open at 8:00 A.M. on Friday the 24th. She went ahead and made my appointment while I was there for 8:00 AM.
    06-19-2011 01:26 PM
    I am in MN and I was called last week to pick up my E3D this Friday
    sergi0wned likes this.
    06-19-2011 01:50 PM
    I stopped into Best Buy this morning to double check that they had my correct phone number attached to my pre-order, so I was sure not to miss the call telling me I could come in and pick up my new precious. The girl at the store couldn't find their pre-order info right away and took my number to call me back when she did find it.

When she called, she mentioned that the Evo 3D was shown in their system as being available on June 26th. I asked if she was sure, as the official launch date was Friday the 24th. She verified that their system was showing the 26th.

Any BB employees on these boards (or someone familiar w/ how BB handles launches, inventory, etc...) have any insight on what might be going on? Is it possible they're getting it 2 days late for some reason? Perhaps not selling pre-ordered phones on the 24th? Maybe it's just showing up in their system as the wrong date for some reason?
    That's really strange, considering there are people saying that Best Buy is calling them to pick up their phone on Friday. Maybe you got punked?
    06-19-2011 02:10 PM
    I think maybe this thread should be closed since this is confirmed to not be the case.
    06-19-2011 06:12 PM
    I stopped into my local BB to check on my preorder status to make sure that I would be able to get the phone on Friday. I was told that the number of units that each store would get was in relation to the number oof presales that they have. I could be that they are only getting enough tto cover their preoders in the first shippment and then sprint will distribute the remaining phones after that..
    06-19-2011 06:37 PM

I bet they're not going to publicly sell it until the 26th so they can make sure everybody who preordered gets it first.
    06-19-2011 06:52 PM
    Best buy called me the day after my preorder and asked me to set up a time on Friday the 24th to pick up my evo 3d for me and my girlfriend
    06-19-2011 07:14 PM
    I bet they're not going to publicly sell it until the 26th so they can make sure everybody who preordered gets it first.
    This makes sense.

Thanks all for the feedback. I pre-ordered 3 or 4 weeks ago, so I'm hoping I get a call pretty soon here telling me to come in on Friday.

Happy release week, all!
    06-19-2011 07:41 PM