Who really cares about the 3D in the Evo3D?

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It continues to amaze me how many people are bashing the 3D aspect of this phone. With the amazing specs the phone is bringing us, it is at LEAST 2x better than our current Evo's...and who know how much better than the phone you are holding in your hand today. The rooting community will be all over this phone in the next few weeks, and then I really believe the tide will turn.
should a phone NEED to be rooted in order for it to reach its full potential? No. However this is the world we live in today. Just look at the PC market. Whenever you buy a new desktop or laptop, you are almost forced to reinstall your OS in order to make the computer your own.
Allcthat being said, I really believe we are in for a treat with the Evo3D. And I for one really don't care about the actual 3D features. They are eye candy...literally...and if I don't like it, I don't have to use it. I also cannot wait to root this phone either. Especially being that it should be able to get up to 1.5ghz, and perhaps more.
So to all the haters out there, just wait and see what the phone can do in your own hands. At least its not a Verizon phone...have you seen how hard it is to root one of those things?

Cheers!
Robert

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about the 3D quality, i love my eVo and love sense and will love the new evo. I saw no need to root this device, it has everything I need. Fyi I came from a palm pre that had over 80 patches just to give me what i needed. When I switched to evo I was going from garbage to pure delight. Left it as is and never for one second did I think of rooting. I will treat my evo 3d the same way.

EVO-LUTION 3D

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Well its called the Evo 3D and HTC/Sprint are hyping the 3D aspect of it to hell and back. Of course people are going to scrutinize that, its the main selling point and the name of the phone. They should have just left it off and called it the Evo 2 IMO. Anyways, if you hate 3D and arent going to use it, why get it? You can get the Sensation which is basically the same phone without 3D but has a superior 2D camera.

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I actually looked at it as the third EVO....OG Evo....EVO shift...EVO3D...and yes they are hyping the everloving crap out of it...its a way for them to get the younger masses buying them...or rather having Mom and Dad buy them for them..."but Mom..it has the cool 3D and stuff...pleeeeeeeease....."

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't care for it but It will impress the kids though, and for sure happy hours with coworkers will be more entertaining, and it can be turned off. What's not to love?

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It continues to amaze me how many people are bashing the 3D aspect of this phone. With the amazing specs the phone is bringing us, it is at LEAST 2x better than our current Evo's...and who know how much better than the phone you are holding in your hand today. The rooting community will be all over this phone in the next few weeks, and then I really believe the tide will turn.
should a phone NEED to be rooted in order for it to reach its full potential? No. However this is the world we live in today. Just look at the PC market. Whenever you buy a new desktop or laptop, you are almost forced to reinstall your OS in order to make the computer your own.
Allcthat being said, I really believe we are in for a treat with the Evo3D. And I for one really don't care about the actual 3D features. They are eye candy...literally...and if I don't like it, I don't have to use it. I also cannot wait to root this phone either. Especially being that it should be able to get up to 1.5ghz, and perhaps more.
So to all the haters out there, just wait and see what the phone can do in your own hands. At least its not a Verizon phone...have you seen how hard it is to root one of those things?

Cheers!
Robert
i don't know what you are talking about verizon phones being hard to root... at least my incredible wasnt. very very simple in fact.

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my 'verizon' phone no prob. Don't know what your smoking. And you can't turn off the 3d. So that eye candy will become your eye ache / head ache cuz the 3d effect has a really bad viewing angle its pretty much only good when looked at straight on. And those are works for our greatest Phil nickinson

dinc via tapatalk

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't care for it but It will impress the kids though, and for sure happy hours with coworkers will be more entertaining, and it can be turned off. What's not to love?

There ya go Vic...that's what I was trying to get at...so how are the kids behaving over at P|C? I haven't been over there in quite some time. I see milominderbinder has made the leap as well.

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I did care about the 3d feature. Seeing as it may not be ready for primetime, im still okay with not using it. But it is a bit dissapointing.

Efstratios

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to try it for myself, before I judge it, although I certainly didn't order the phone for that feature alone. A lot of people who complain about it hurting their eyes etc. aren't necessarily used to seeing certain images that way. For instance, most "older" people who view certain video games often complain that they're getting dizzy, but myself, as an avid gamer got used to the effect. Not that game graphics is 3d, but I think it's just something that the human eye needs to get used to before it becomes enjoyable.

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I rooted my 'verizon' phone no prob. Don't know what your smoking. And you can't turn off the 3d. So that eye candy will become your eye ache / head ache cuz the 3d effect has a really bad viewing angle its pretty much only good when looked at straight on. And those are works for our greatest Phil nickinson

dinc via tapatalk

Umm...yes...you can turn off the 3D...

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a few requirements:

1, I was buying it after June 19 (old AT&T contract)
2, It had to be Sprint (data downtown worked the best)
3, It had to be well above my current Nexus One
4, No keyboard (don't need the bulk)

3 pretty much killed a lot of it, and 4 picked up the rest. 3 took down the Nexus S, which is barely an upgrade over my N1. And considering I have 512MB of ROM in the Nexus, Plus my 16GB card, I'd actually LOSE 500MB by getting the NS since it only has 16GB total.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the 3D because I like 3D movies, shooting 3D pics and vids will be fun, and it's unique. I will 100% use it. I'm itching to get a 3D TV just for the hell of it. This will save me $2k :)

That being said, if I were to get a phone Friday the 3D is still my only real choice. There's nothing else on Sprint worth considering right now.

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Eh? I think I am starting not care about the 3D quality but I DO care about Sense 3.0 interface. That would be still great if I continue using EVO 3D without watching videos or taking pictures or even calling...... I only care about video chat, text, email, and IMs for me as Deaf guy.

Oh I am asking you-- about Sense 3.0 interface, what of other phones have it behind EVO 3D? Just wondering....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta