How many 3d will each Best Buy store have on the 24th?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering how many each BB store will have on release day to fill pre-orders. I'm #10 for pre-order at one of my local store but they didn't guarantee I will get it on the 24th.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a part time job at BB, I actually still may be an employee in the system even though I haven't worked for months. Anyway each store gets a different number of inventory items. It all depends on the revenue band that store falls in as well as how well the BB Mobile department in that store does. The larger revenue stores will get a larger number of units as with the smaller revenue stores get fewer units. Without an employee logging into the rss system and checking how many items are incoming to any certain store there is no way to know.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I assume you work for BB? That wouldnt be too great if its only 7. Pre-order should give them an idea how many to order ahead of time should it not?

Also the store itself doesn't control how many items they can get...corporate ships the number of items they want to ship. Stores can't order items just because they know they can sell them.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a part time job at BB, I actually still may be an employee in the system even though I haven't worked for months. Anyway each store gets a different number of inventory items. It all depends on the revenue band that store falls in as well as how well the BB Mobile department in that store does. The larger revenue stores will get a larger number of units as with the smaller revenue stores get fewer units. Without an employee logging into the rss system and checking how many items are incoming to any certain store there is no way to know.

Would they know by now how many they're getting? They couldnt tell me at the time I pre-ordered and to what time so I just took the day off. But if they're not getting 10 in then I'm just gonna order it online at 12am tomorrow.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Would they know by now how many they're getting? They couldnt tell me at the time I pre-ordered and to what time so I just took the day off. But if they're not getting 10 in then I'm just gonna order it online at 12am tomorrow.

Most of the time the employees at best buy won't tell you how many they are getting even if they do know. As far as what time, each store gets shipments on different days and at different times and more often than not sprint cell phones come to the store via ups anyway which does drop shipments every day. However of you can find someone that will give you any information that you wan't then yes they should be able to tell you either how many corp has ordered for them to receive or better yet how many are in route as long as they know how to use the system correctly....sorry but after working there I don't hold the intelligence of 98% of the associates very highly.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My brother-in-law lives next door to uncle of a mother of a Best Buy manager, and he's absolutely certain that each store won't get more than 9.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. Just called my local store and whoever I spoke to told me they for all their products they won't know many they will be receiving till the day it comes.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like a management approved response. BB doesn't like to give any information.

That what it sounds like. I think that's kinda shady to not give that info out for people that have pre-paid. I probably shouldn't have taken the day off. My first time pre-ordering from BB.

cashisking662

May 18, 2011
Visit site
have any of you guys gotten a phone call or anything from you local bestbuy where you preordered? im getting kinda worried and i just might order through sprint tmrw.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to the BB where I was the first to preorder. I wanted to make sure I was the first appointment. He went through about 15 preorder sheets and mine wasn't in there :mad:. I showed him my receipt and he acknowledged mine was before any others and wrote another ticket and set me up for 8am Friday. (He was the department supervisor). He said they will be calling everyone in a couple of days. :)

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to the BB where I was the first to preorder. I wanted to make sure I was the first appointment. He went through about 15 preorder sheets and mine wasn't in there :mad:. I showed him my receipt and he acknowledged mine was before any others and wrote another ticket and set me up for 8am Friday. (He was the department supervisor). He said they will be calling everyone in a couple of days. :)

Hmm..maybe I need to pay them a visit like you did. If I don't get it Friday I'll just see it a sign that I should just wait for SG2.

Edit: Went to the store during my lunch break and was told they have more than enough to fill the pre-orders and will be calling customers on Thursday to schedule appointments for Friday. Thanks goodness.

Last edited:

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Spoke to BB in Joliet where I pre-ordered mine. I'm second on the list and she said when they come in, they will fill pre-orders first and make calls to those people. I'm also calling in Friday for this phone.

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you mind sharing who gave you that info? I hope that is correct though.

when I pre-ordered at BB back in May the phone jockey told me that was the general procedure at that store. He mentioned that was what they had done for the Verizon Iphone release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon