All I can say is....OUCH. Evo 4G looks better.

http://www.androidcentral.com/camera...o-3d-vs-evo-4g
    06-20-2011 03:48 PM
    Not impressed
    06-20-2011 03:55 PM
    I can't really say either is great. The Evo 3D camera sucks with color and saturation, but produces very detailed and sharp images. The Evo 4G's camera takes some pictures with great color, but I noticed that some areas were pretty blurry especially in comparison to the Evo 3D's picture.

I wish the Evo 3D had the same saturation/color as the Evo 4g has on it's pictures. I do like how sharp the pictures on the Evo 3D were, it looked a lot better in that category compared to the Evo 4g, but they all just looked dull.

I'm not going to be taking extreme amounts of pictures or printing pictures I take with my phone anyway so I don't really care how it looks. As long as it works it's good with me.
    06-20-2011 04:03 PM
    Pics by the 4G have better color, but pics by the E3D are sharper. However, the tree trunk in the dragonfly pic and the leaves in the last pic (both by the E3D) almost look black and white! Overall, I'd say the E3D's camera is an improvement since color can be corrected (to a certain degree) in Photoshop or MS Picture Manager (for noobies like me, haha).
    06-20-2011 04:06 PM
    I guess its all in the eye of the beholder, because I like the pics from the 3D better, much sharper. Some color saturation with the 4g. Neither looks bad IMO. We are talking about a cell phone camera, nothing professional looking here.

The results on the front page are pretty mixed, not surprising though.
    06-20-2011 04:07 PM
    This comparison is not optimal. Different size crops from different distances. Also, I'd wager that there were no constants in the comparison such as shutter speed and ISO. It's especially evident in the first pic where the Evo3D pic is at a lower exposure than the Evo 4G.

Additionally, varying amounts of dark and light areas (especially back lighting) tells the automatic settings to expose differently, and the larger vertical space of the 4G vs. the 3D will throw that stuff off in just about every case.

Take these comparisons with a HUGE grain of salt and check out Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ for how camera quality comparisons should really be executed.
    06-20-2011 04:27 PM
    This comparison is not optimal. Different size crops from different distances. Also, I'd wager that there were no constants in the comparison such as shutter speed and ISO. It's especially evident in the first pic where the Evo3D pic is at a lower exposure than the Evo 4G.

Additionally, varying amounts of dark and light areas (especially back lighting) tells the automatic settings to expose differently, and the larger vertical space of the 4G vs. the 3D will throw that stuff off in just about every case.

Take these comparisons with a HUGE grain of salt and check out Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ for how camera quality comparisons should really be executed.
    You're exactly right. I took the images just like most normal users would. Point, shoot.
    06-20-2011 04:50 PM
    You're exactly right. I took the images just like most normal users would. Point, shoot.
    And it's appreciated! This isn't a camera blog, so a scientific comparison isn't expected.

A lot of people seem to be taking the comparison way too seriously, despite your clear statement that it isn't scientific! I personally would like a better camera from the Evo 3D, but it still blows away my current Palm Pre, and I won't be viewing the shots full-size, so I'm not too worried about it.

It WOULD be nice to have something on the same level as the iPhone though.
    06-20-2011 05:14 PM
    I will soon be a real Android user (using my wife's Optimus every once in a while doesn't really count), so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is accurate, but wouldn't there (eventually) be an Android Market application to help make the pictures taken by the EVO 3D better? It's wishful thinking on my part, but since all of you are actual Android users, maybe you can confirm this.

Also, if my 12MP Sony digital camera has taught me anything, it is that I've missed my 4MP CyberShot for years, so settling for a 5MP EVO camera will be alright.
    06-20-2011 05:32 PM
    I know there's a difference.. but really, if the picture you're going to take is going to be that important, you shouldn't be using your camera phone =/ get a real camera for pics that matter. Camera phones weren't meant to replace an actual camera, it was just meant to be there to take those pics that are spur of the moment.. I don't know why people are letting the camera and camcorder are such serious points on whether to buy this or not.
    06-20-2011 06:58 PM
    Wow, neither looks very good. I know I hated the camera on my Evo 4G so much I never even used it. Just posted pics I shot today with the Sensation, I love the camera

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...cameras-4.html
    06-20-2011 07:28 PM
    Zap your^ dead! Next!
    06-20-2011 07:57 PM
    Wow I think the 3D looks great compared to the 4G. Not to say the 4G took bad pictures, but almost like we've sacrifices color saturation for sharpness. I'm impressed. Not coming from a fanboy either. I've thoroughly enjoyed my Sanyo Kitana II......
    06-20-2011 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD