Played with a Evo 3d today

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My good buddy works at best buy and let me play with the pre release unit. Man is this thing awesome. The phone is FAST. Everything I did was executed extremely fast. I couldn't run any benchmarks due to no google account, but I don't take much stock in those things anyway. Definitely super hyped for this phone. It's gonna be awesome

Another note on the 3d. While it's somewhat gimmicky, it's still really cool. I definitely enjoyed playing with taking pictures and videos. Not a huge selling point for me, but better than I was led to believe by reviews.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I have the Sensation and the 3D is a bit snappier due to more RAM. Its nothing too noticeable but yea, its a nice device. Reception wasnt great and neither was data, slower than my Sensation. The 2D camera isnt too great either.

odd

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Glad to know you liked the device just playing with it as a demo phone. Did your buddy happen to give you the scoop on the plans? Plenty in stock, only honoring pre-orders, ect? I pre-ordered mine at BB, and I'm hoping I can snag it as soon as possible :)

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I have the Sensation and the 3D is a bit snappier due to more RAM. Its nothing too noticeable but yea, its a nice device. Reception wasnt great and neither was data, slower than my Sensation. The 2D camera isnt too great either.

are you talking about the reception on the 3D? I thought you had a sensation, how are you commenting on the 3d reception and data speeds? some reviews stated bad reception but that was only where they had bad coverage from sprint. I didn't hear any other negatives about data speeds on the reviews. one review reported speeds up to 11mb down with the screenshot.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
are you talking about the reception on the 3D? I thought you had a sensation, how are you commenting on the 3d reception and data speeds? some reviews stated bad reception but that was only where they had bad coverage from sprint. I didn't hear any other negatives about data speeds on the reviews. one review reported speeds up to 11mb down with the screenshot.

THATS his shtick, he pretends he is being nice, pretends he likes it, then he mentions his phone and starts bashing the 3d, lol. It's getting kind of old now,, very stale.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Reactions: astoriacub

Slab

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm my evo after gb started dropping calls on my way home when talking to my mom. I didn't realize it was gb though and though sprint had issues. Today after the update, I didn't lose any calls. Hopefully that is all the early reviews are also seeing on the 3d. I'm debating whether to get this now or wait a few days for real reviews. I want it bad but afraid as I love my evo and don't want to lose it but need the trade in credit. I bought mine day 1.

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My gf who was in a sprint store today played with an evo 3d. She said she got nauseous after playing with both the 2d and 3d camera. Said she had to put the phone down. So, I'd be interested to see for myself on Friday and hear what others think about that in terms of becoming nauseous due to the screen. Also she said the camera didn't protrude that far out from the back, which was one of my concerns.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure the 3d screen will make me sick too, I know playing with the Nintendo 3DS did, but oh well, I will just use the camera to take some 3d pics, no videos or anything like that. For the most part I won't use any of the 3d stuff.

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
THATS his shtick, he pretends he is being nice, pretends he likes it, then he mentions his phone and starts bashing the 3d, lol. It's getting kind of old now,, very stale.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Exactly, glad someone else noticed lol! I thought he was fooling everyone including a couple of mods! ;) Anyway, I'm super excited I'm taking Friday off to mess with my new Evo!

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site

Because I just said I got to play with the 3D for about 15 minutes today and yes, the reception and data speeds were awful. Couldnt hold 4G for more than a few minutes and it bounced between zero and 3 bars of 3G the whole time. Internet wasnt good at all but the phone itself was fast. You might want to watch part 2 of the Phonedog review out today. He had the same issues I saw.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes and it is getting old. He is no longer is with Sprint or getting an Evo 3D. Not too sure why he posts here so much.

Yes I am still with sprint and my account is still active. Still have my Nexus as well as the Sensation. I was waiting to see what the 3D would be like before i did anything with my Sprint account. I still have 26 days to return the Sensation. So in the next few weeks I am going to see how the 3D does and if Sprint needs to fix these issues. I will also see if a fix for the Nexus comes and then go from there. So far, the Sensation seems to be the best for me, but that may change. Nice having choices rather than blindly following one carrier or phone and getting all bent out of shape when it gets bad press like some here do. Some on here seriously remind me of iPhone lovers they love to hate. I for one want to hear the good and bad of a phone I am looking to buy. Seems too many here only want to hear great things about the Evo 3D and dismiss causes for concern because they are too in love with the phone and it just can't have any faults. Grow up.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Because I just said I got to play with the 3D for about 15 minutes today and yes, the reception and data speeds were awful. Couldnt hold 4G for more than a few minutes and it bounced between zero and 3 bars of 3G the whole time. Internet wasnt good at all but the phone itself was fast. You might want to watch part 2 of the Phonedog review out today. He had the same issues I saw.

I have no reason not to believe you, but I only saw a few reviews talking about signal and most of them were in bad service area. You mind me asking where you got a hold of the 3d? Its like you are bouncing back and forth between 3d, sensation, nexus and cant make up your mind which one is good.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no reason not to believe you, but I only saw a few reviews talking about signal and most of them were in bad service area. You mind me asking where you got a hold of the 3d? Its like you are bouncing back and forth between 3d, sensation, nexus and cant make up your mind which one is good.

They got the 3D today at the local Sprint repair store. They mostly repair but they do sell too, it's not a corporate store. The owner fired one up for people to demo and I went in. You are right, I am trying to decide between all 3 phones. Still have the Nexus and Sensation.

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad to know you liked the device just playing with it as a demo phone. Did your buddy happen to give you the scoop on the plans? Plenty in stock, only honoring pre-orders, ect? I pre-ordered mine at BB, and I'm hoping I can snag it as soon as possible :)

He said that our best buy would have plenty of phones and there was no way they could sell them all preorder style, so hopefully that will hold true for you

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My gf who was in a sprint store today played with an evo 3d. She said she got nauseous after playing with both the 2d and 3d camera. Said she had to put the phone down. So, I'd be interested to see for myself on Friday and hear what others think about that in terms of becoming nauseous due to the screen. Also she said the camera didn't protrude that far out from the back, which was one of my concerns.

The camera doesn't stick out at all really. It's literally measured in mm. I was worried too till I played with it today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy