From WebOS, to Android OS (HTC EVO 3D)

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I still have my launch pre phone...I wonder if they will be able to transfer all of my contacts at a sprint store instead of having to do it manually...

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
pre minus here, sucks i'll be out of town for the weekend an have to wait till i get back, i've been waiting YEARS already

sneak16

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pre- here, since 8/09. Running 2.1 at 1ghz F105 Thunderchief kernel. Really enjoy the work WebOS Internalz has put into the community, but I can't justify leaving Sprint to stay with another WebOS device. This phone is a piece of fail - screen crack, wiring exposed from the charger door area, won't charge, ad infinitum. Love WebOS, but really can't wait to leave. The hardware is garbage, and nothing promising on the horizon.

My Evo 3D is out for delivery right now. I can't wait to try out Android. I love the dedication the WebOS community has, but it seems the Android community is just as (if not more) supportive. Very excited to have the 3D - I won't know what to do with all that power.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
pre minus here, sucks i'll be out of town for the weekend an have to wait till i get back, i've been waiting YEARS already

I leave tomorrow for work so I was pretty nervous waiting to see if it would arrive today or not...currently out for delivery...

maxthesilent

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my launch day Pre minus, but it's showing it's age. I'm pretty darn certain I'll not be able to get a Pre 3 from Sprint, so I'll be coming over to an Evo 3D. Probably two of them since the wife is using my three or four year old Treo!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hanging up the boots to my Palm/HP Pre-

Greetings Android users!

I come to you from WebOS! My name is CJ! :)

I am hanging up the WebOS boots for now. Coming to Android for a bit for something new and exciting I hope! As we speak my HTC Evo 3D is being sent to me by Sprint!

What will I miss most of all about WebOS?

I have found some GREAT threads about WebOS Vs Android...I really look forward to learning more about Android! Excited and I gotta say I hate waiting for 2-5 days for them to send it! Then again I got the phone for $100 with out a trade in or anything. So I guess I can not complain!

- CJ

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hanging up the boots to my Palm/HP Pre-

Greetings Android users!

I am hanging up the WebOS boots for now. Coming to Android for a bit for something new and exciting I hope! As we speak my HTC Evo 3D is being sent to me by Sprint!

I have found some GREAT threads about WebOS Vs Android...I really look forward to learning more about Android! Excited and I gotta say I hate waiting for 2-5 days for them to send it! Then again I got the phone for $100 with out a trade in or anything. So I guess I can not complain!

- CJ
There's another GREAT webOS refugee thread up top in the sticky section too. Make sure you check it out here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/97060-evo-3d-support-group-palm-webos-users.html

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I will be sure to take a look at that! Thanks for the advice! Hope to have my new phone soon! :)

ooak

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Greetings Android users!

- CJ
I came from webpage as well, I'm here to tell u don't miss anything. This is the best phone ever.

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

You won't miss a damn thing. This phone is infinitely better in every way. So glad I made the switch. I'm excited for you!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks every for all of your replies! I'm very excited about the change! I just gotta wait for the phone to get here! HTC seems to have a very friendly and understanding community! I welcome this change so far with open arms! I'm thinking of getting a case for the phone before it gets here! :)

Any advice is welcome I will however do some research on cases tonight! :) also screen protectors (thinking otterbox defender?!)