Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is hands-down the best device available on the market right now.

I am in LOVE with this phone; true, the 3D isnt some mind blowing, slap you in the face experience, but it has it as a feature! And to be honest, it's pretty damn cool. Everybody I've shown it to feels the same way.

It is smoooooooth as butter and quick as lightning. If you werent planning on getting the Evo 3D, you need to reconsider, RIGHT NOW.

If the 3D content is what worries you, remember, you DONT have to use it and this is a killer device; with or without the 3D.

Addonex

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, because I did not read the whole post, but everyone is saying the wifi is better, which is because the Evo 4g only had b/g (ridiculous) but now the Evo 3D has b/g/n, which explains why it is drastically better.

EDIT: I also have a question, has anyone checked out the capacitive button light leakage (like the Evo 4g had) because on the review by Techno Buffalo I noticed it looked like it was leaking (that makes me very disappointed in htc if it is not fixed)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been watching 3D videos on youtube for an hour now and let me say that this is amazing. Takes a bit to get used to but wow. Kid waving a sawzaw I thought it was going to cut my noes off. It is very good.

EVO - LUTION 3D

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, because I did not read the whole post, but everyone is saying the wifi is better, which is because the Evo 4g only had b/g (ridiculous) but now the Evo 3D has b/g/n, which explains why it is drastically better.

EDIT: I also have a question, has anyone checked out the capacitive button light leakage (like the Evo 4g had) because on the review by Techno Buffalo I noticed it looked like it was leaking (that makes me very disappointed in htc if it is not fixed)

There is no leakage on my unit...this phone blazes guys. I have never had so much fun with a phone before.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate all of you... this is like torture hearing about everyone else getting their christmas present before me haha I get mine on the 24th though :'(

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife and daughter cane home pretty much when mine was being delivered. I have not had a lot of time to play with the phone but the I have immensely enjoyed the short time I have tinkered with it.

I thought the 3D picture I took was pretty amazing!
Sense is almost too responsive LOL

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Was just wondering if the browser still has the setting to turn off mobile view? Is HTC the only phones that has this setting because I've never seen it on any Samsungs or anything else. I can't stand mobile sites so this is important for me.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For the person that played with the Sprint demo unit, was that an actual retail phone that just hadn't been activated yet, or was it a demo unit that plays some crazy demo all the time and which has no lock screen since the demo video starts as soon as you try to turn the screen on and off. Everytime that stupid demo started, and you hit the home button from there, Sense had to load itself again.

Just wondering if the full retail version is even smoother and faster.

Nope...it was not a unit running a demonstration, it was their "trainer" unit and could be fiddled with at will. No goofy stuff...just a regular retail unit.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to break in the battery too? How do you do it?? let it drain and die then fully recharge? :cool:

Let the battery fully charge, then drain it completely. Charge it again, then take it off the charger and shut it off. Charge it again until the charging light shows that its charged up completely. Unplug it and Turn it on. Then plug the charger back in and let it charge for another minute.

That should break in your battery and fully charge it. At least that's what I was told with my evo 4G.

Reactions: Hizzle

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey boys and girls (whom i envy),

Would you mind looking in the about phone settings and let me know if your have a Hardware (HW) version listed like we had in the Evo 4g? Im curious with a lot of the same comments (but reviewers from sites are generally very different) if perhaps there are different versions of the phone, non software related. id also be interested if those people who have it could also check the radio version.
Thanks and i'll be seeing you guys in heaven (sic) tomorrow!
:-$

grumpy104

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Let the battery fully charge, then drain it completely. Charge it again, then take it off the charger and shut it off. Charge it again until the charging light shows that its charged up completely. Unplug it and Turn it on. Then plug the charger back in and let it charge for another minute.

That should break in your battery and fully charge it. At least that's what I was told with my evo 4G.

Not with lithium-ion batteries.

Lithium-ion battary Facts VS mYTH - Support Community

Reactions: JackG058

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey boys and girls (whom i envy),

Would you mind looking in the about phone settings and let me know if your have a Hardware (HW) version listed like we had in the Evo 4g? Im curious with a lot of the same comments (but reviewers from sites are generally very different) if perhaps there are different versions of the phone, non software related. id also be interested if those people who have it could also check the radio version.
Thanks and i'll be seeing you guys in heaven (sic) tomorrow!
:-$

Hardware version 002...where do I find the Radio version?